Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Options
    Poland missing Glik, would love England to play them
  • Options
    If we get Senegal in the 2nd Round I hope we play Kyle Walker at Centre Back, these Senegalese lads are rapid
  • Options
    Senegalese team look decent.
  • Options
    Mo Salah starts for Egypt against Russia tonight
  • Options

Poland don’t
  • Options

Poland don’t
    Proof that the FIFA World Rankings are a joke

No way are they ranked 8th in the World
  • Options
    Seriously start getting the cards out for a dive!!

They're checking VAR for penalties yet when that Senegal player went down you could clearly see there was a dive!!
  • Options
    Good goal from Poland
  • Options
    wow look how long VAR is getting today to check for penalties and other decisions... bit different to last night ain't it
  • Options
    A reaction to last night. WWE moves being missed is a total embaressment for FIFA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Group H will be interesting later in the week.

Winner of Japan Senegal will be pretty much guaranteed to go through.

Loser of Poland Colombia pretty much guaranteed to be out.
  • Options

There’s a Belgian bar here in Calpe offering a free beer every time Belgium score today. Guess where I’ll be a 5 o’clock?

I can guess you’ll be pissed by 6:45.
    Sadly there was no room when we arrived. No surprise, I guess.
  • Options
    For me - we should try to win our group. Find our rhythm and keep it going. If it is better finishing second, tough, you don't try to finish second, you have a winning attitude which you shouldn't try turning off and on like a tap!
  • Options
    edited June 2018

There’s a Belgian bar here in Calpe offering a free beer every time Belgium score today. Guess where I’ll be a 5 o’clock?

I can guess you’ll be pissed by 4:45.

How could I when the game didn't kick off until 5pm here?
  • Options

For me - we should try to win our group. Find our rhythm and keep it going. If it is better finishing second, tough, you don't try to finish second, you have a winning attitude which you shouldn't try turning off and on like a tap!

Well said. Winning against good teams, e.g. Belgium, needs to become a habit, an expectation for the players.
  • Options

Group H will be interesting later in the week.

Winner of Japan Senegal will be pretty much guaranteed to go through.

Loser of Poland Colombia pretty much guaranteed to be out.

I think Senegal will beat Japan and draw with Colombia at worst, Japan will get stuffed by Poland, and Poland do no better than a draw with Colombia, meaning it will be Senegal and probably Poland going through.
  • Options
    Japan were my surprise tip to do well before the tournament!
  • Options
    I think Poland are overrated. Done little of note for ages, got some very good players, mind
  • Options
    Big upsets today.

Hope Egypt can beat Russia to keep group A interesting, otherwise the last round of games will be a non event and i'd like to see Salah do well after his champions league final misery.
  • Options
    If Poland are the 8th best team in the world, I am Donald Trump and Duchatelet is sane!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Russia look okay but suspect they’ll fall apart against any decent side
  • Options
    T’Egypt coming back into the game.
  • Options
    think this will be a good game plenty of shots and attacking intent.

...Nothing to do with the fact I got a 2 quid free bet with William hills on 5 corners each btts and a card each for 30-1.
  • Options
    Russia win they've all but qualified...

Egypt fail to win and they'll need Uruguay to win against Saudia Arabia and then heavily beat the latter themselves to make up the Goal Difference advantage that Russia have
  • Options
    World class finish
  • Options
    var for a Russia goal lol yeah right
  • Options
    What happened there
  • Options
    Looks like Egypt are going home
  • Options
    ref touched his ear but it turns out it was just swatting away a midge