Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Wedding Thread

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

Absolutely fabulous (bar the American preacher and what sounded like red indians outside the chapel.

Great Britain at its pomp, ceremonial best in the sunshine.

Greatest country in the world and why what looked like a million people graced the streets to wave their flags

Rule Brittania

Good that the foreigners didn't totally ruin it for you.
    Have a day off ffs

• Options

Must have something better to do on a Sunny Saturday, surely?

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Though to be fair you have just watched some strangers get married.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Though to be fair you have just watched some strangers get married.
    We'll be watching 22 strangers kicking a ball in a while. ZZZZZZZZZZzzz
  • Options

Uboat said:

The analogy works up to a point, but I knew what the outcome of the wedding would be.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Had a quick walk down to Brighton beach during my lunch break and it was rammed with people watching it on the big screen.

Born and bred in Sussex, and delighted to have Harry and Meghan as the new Duke and Dutchess of Sussex. Just about to tuck in a BBQ and plenty of cold beers to watch the cup final.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

The analogy works up to a point, but I knew what the outcome of the wedding would be.
    So did we. Guaranteed some arse would come on here and try and spoil the chat for everyone.
    Congratulations, you won !
  • Options
    There's so much delirium on here I'd be very surprised if I've made much of an impact.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Absolutely fabulous (bar the American preacher and what sounded like red indians outside the chapel.

Great Britain at its pomp, ceremonial best in the sunshine.

Greatest country in the world and why what looked like a million people graced the streets to wave their flags

Rule Brittania

Good that the foreigners didn't totally ruin it for you.
    Bore off.
    If you don't like it don't watch it.
    Simple.
  • Options

Shag said:

im having a party too AFKA , wedding/cup final BBQ , tons of bunting

At first glance I thought you had put Bumming.
    I read it as green needle!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Had a quick walk down to Brighton beach during my lunch break and it was rammed with people watching it on the big screen.

Born and bred in Sussex, and delighted to have Harry and Meghan as the new Duke and Dutchess of Sussex. Just about to tuck in a BBQ and plenty of cold beers to watch the cup final.

Earl and Earless of Dumbarton (just as well she doesn't wear glasses!) too, pleasing :smiley:
  • Options

Uboat said:

And some of them will be foreigners

• Options
    addickson said:

Earl and Earless of Dumbarton (just as well she doesn't wear glasses!) too, pleasing :smiley:
    Are you sure?

The Windsors sport impressive sets of lugs in my view
  • Options
    addickson said:

Americans lap up this sort of thing!

It's interesting how this wedding has really captured the imagination of the public over there, and due to Meghan's background, it's not just the traditional older "Wasp" types either. I hope Windsor is ready for the glut of tourists wanting to visit the chapel!
  • Options

Sat and watched with my little girl who’s 5 and she was absolutely blown away by it and tbh I was a little bit too. Think it made it better knowing that the bride was simply a young American that fell for a prince. Everything about it was spot on.

ps would go gay for Beckham. What chance have we got when there’s blokes walking round looking like him.

Spot on, my girls loved it, have never seen anything like it....I thought it was great.

He’s batting way above his average and fair play to him, seems like a top bloke
  • Options

Sat and watched with my little girl who’s 5 and she was absolutely blown away by it and tbh I was a little bit too. Think it made it better knowing that the bride was simply a young American that fell for a prince. Everything about it was spot on.

ps would go gay for Beckham. What chance have we got when there’s blokes walking round looking like him.

Spot on, my girls loved it, have never seen anything like it....I thought it was great.

He’s batting way above his average
    and fair play to him, seems like a top bloke
    Being a prince helps!
  • Options
    I don't see how anybody of any nationality or political persuasion could not feel great respect towards the Queen.
    Longevity has tested her, some moments have been very tricky, but to be as consistent in her conduct as she has been over 65 years is awesome.
    I hope the UK can find as good a figurehead as her in the futjre, even if or when the UK becomes a Republic.

• Options

He’s batting way above his average and fair play to him, seems like a top bloke
    To be fair the cameras panned to some of his ex's and his average is pretty impressive!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This was the first big royal event I haven't worked on since before Charles married Diana. Never enjoyed working on them at all. But I actually quite liked watching It today. It was less archaic than usual. I actually liked the American preacher (although I'm not religious), and the gospel choir. The cellist was amazing. Normally I miss this stuff by being stuck in a fixed position, or by being in with the crowd.
    Also I enjoyed spotting the Suits cast. Saw Lewis Litt, Jessica Pearce and Mike Ross, but missed Harvey Spector and Donna :-(
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

This was the first big royal event I haven't worked on since before Charles married Diana. Never enjoyed working on them at all. But I actually quite liked watching It today. It was less archaic than usual. I actually liked the American preacher (although I'm not religious), and the gospel choir. The cellist was amazing. Normally I miss this stuff by being stuck in a fixed position, or by being in with the crowd.
    Also I enjoyed spotting the Suits cast. Saw Lewis Litt, Jessica Pearce and Mike Ross, but missed Harvey Spector and Donna :-(

Are you a copper then?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Are you a copper then?
    No......he’s a waiter.
  • Options
    PWR.

caught the first bit up to their vows then had to pop out.....thought it was superb. Very regal & majestic. Weather great too. Nobody does pomp better than us brits. Makes you proud.
  • Options
    Only time i have ever been glad i was working nights over a weekend. Slept through the whole lot of it.
  • Options
    Great day around my local club.
    The envy of the world our monarchy.
    God save the queen.
    Oh, the whole club had rosedendrum at 4/1 in the last on ITV.
    HAPPY DAYS.
    The monarchy is the only thing that separates us from the rest.
    As the Millwall saying goes " no one likes us, we don't care"
  • Options
    Our street party was interrupted by the local cops.
    Apparently we're not supposed to have strung up Emma Bunton