Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jlloyd Samuel, Former Academy Player, Dies in Car Crash

Comments

• Options
    RIP very sad and such a young age
  • Options
    Awfully sad. RIP far too young.
  • Options
    Very sad news R.I.P.
  • Options
    I just saw this on the news, I like so many others remember watching him play as a youngster, who would know. Those poor kids too RIP JLLoyd x
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Horrible, those poor kids.

RIP.
  • Options
    That is just horrific. RIP JlS
  • Options
    Shocked ! Terribly sad news RIP Jlloyd
  • Options
    RIP threads don't normally mean much to me but I met him once at welling and he seemed a nice bloke.
    Seriously shocked by this.
    37 years old is far to young.
    RIP
  • Options
    Just heard this on R5L...such sad news RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad RIP.
  • Options
    Shocking and very sad news. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Jlloyd.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    The club are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Jlloyd Samuel, who began his career in Charlton's youth system.

The thoughts of everyone at the club are with his family and friends at this difficult time. #cafc

• Options
    Rip J
  • Options
    Terrible, terrible news. RIP
  • Options
    I hope you enjoyed your life, J. It was far too short. Best wishes to your family and friends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The word tragic barely does justice to this. RIP young man.
  • Options
    Very sad, RIP
  • Options
    Tragic. RIP J.
  • Options
    Absolutely heartbreaking. Dropped off his kids at school and killed on his way home.
  • Options
    That’s absolutely terrible. RIP fella.x
  • Options
    Regardless of his status as a footballer,these tragedies are always difficult to accept,especially when so many horrible bastards still breath.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    So very sad. RIP.
  • Options
    Terrible news.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP so sad for his family and kids

“Born in San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago, Samuel attended St Joseph's Academy, Blackheath through the 1990s where he was a valuable member of the school football teams as well as the London Schoolboys teams.

He spent his youth football at Charlton Athletic before signing a professional contract with Villa.

The full-back played for the Sunday league team Senrab and West Ham United, from whom he was released on the same day as Paul Konchesky, Lee Bowyer, Bobby Zamora and Fitz Hall.”

Didn’t realise he went to my old school