Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup 98 fixed?

Platini says the draw was made in such a way that France and Brazil would not be able to meet until the final.

Comments

• why is he not in jail? fraud no?

white flag waving sod
  • Russia have a pretty favorable draw this year too. Surely not...
  • edited May 2018

Russia have a pretty favorable draw this year too. Surely not...

I think that is down to the fact that as hosts they automatically get a top seed place, so there is no other top seed in their group. But they do have a tough second seed side in Uruguay and a tough third seed tie in Egypt.

If, by some miracle, they do qualify they will probably meet either Portugal or Spain in the next round.

I wouldn't say it's a favourable draw.
  • So not the World Cup, just the draw?

S.Korea's games against Italy and Spain in 2002 were dodgy as hell though.
  • So not the World Cup, just the draw?

S.Korea's games against Italy and Spain in 2002 were dodgy as hell though.

I think one of the referees (a Colombian?) got found out in a domestic game a few years later.
  • Can you imagine a flukey FA Cup final between Accrington and Shrewsbury?
    No, nor can the FA.
    Qtr final draws usually go against the smaller teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    The home nation always gets a good draw. It can't be coincidence.
  • Not surprised, Platini is a crooked as they come.

I’ll say - the bloke is a joker.
  • Doesn't surprise me. Thinking of swerving the World Cup.
  • I'll never forget the absolute fucking disgrace of the Spain game against South Korea. Compounded by the Italian game a few days earlier. The World Cup is a joke anyway and has been pretty much forever.
  • And now we will have the wonder of VAR to make it even easier for some faceless FIFA lacky to organise a fix.
  • See what happens when you let a lot of fucking foreigners hijack a truely British sport?

Grrrrr!!!

(Joking BTW... before you start the CL self righteous navel gazing bus!)
  • And now we will have the wonder of VAR to make it even easier for some faceless FIFA lacky to organise a fix.

There will still be some thing in a Russia game which'll be ignored for VAR so that Russia get as far as possible
  • I don't think there can be much doubt VAR is going to be a monumental cock up in this world cup for any number of teams - can't imagine Russia will be the only team to benefit.