Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pellegrini to West Ham...

Apparently...

£10m salary, apparently.

Now how can a club which was flirting with relegation all season, manage to find that kind of money for that kind of manager? Do they have some secret ultra-rich benefactors? What's that you say? You and I? Oh...

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Never sure what to make of Pellegrini. By all accounts a lovely and very bright man. But I think his tactical rigidity is underrated in terms of his love for a 4-2-2-2. Thought his Manchester City teams often looked average an bereft of ideas. Obviously massively over achieved at Villarreal and to an extent at Malaga (who also had a lot of money at the time). Think West Ham are probably about his level.

Oh and it's ridiculous that you the British tax payer are subsidizing a Premier League football club run by millionaires.
  • edited May 2018
    Check your payslips this month lads n lasses. There is bound to be a new deduction to take care of this...
  • If they spend a lot of money they could avoid relegation again. Good appointment.
  • £10million a year??????

Really? That's more than any player in the world earns (I think??)

Disgusting. I'm falling more and more out of love with top level football.
  • 25May98 said:

£10million a year??????

Nowhere near. That's £200k a week, people like Messi are on more than twice that.

Still an obscene amount though.
  • Sponsored links:

• 25May98 said:

£10million a year??????

Nowhere near. That's £200k a week, people like Messi are on more than twice that.

Still an obscene amount though.
    Yep, sorry. I'm getting week-month mixed up. It's late.

Agree. An obscene amount of money.
  • 25May98 said:

£10million a year??????

Good job you're still in love with the Third Division :smile:

Arsenal have chosen Unai Emery as their new manager.

This is how West Ham picked Manuel Pellegrini. pic.twitter.com/jp1oFRZK6S

— Paddy Power (@paddypower) May 21, 2018

Full marks to Paddy Power for posting that.

By the way, why isn't Paddy Power Ireland's equivalent of our National Grid?
  • Isn’t calling themselves Paddy racist?
  • Redrobo said:

Isn’t calling themselves Paddy racist?

Not if someone's name is Patrick.
  • Redrobo said:

Thinking about it the term paddy wagon doesn't seem to be used much anymore.
  • They reckon he is going to attract new talent to the London stadium...I hope he doesn’t go for the novelty acts and the ones with a dance routine and concentrates on the singers and comedians...
  • Watch all the arrogant West Ham fans now come out and say that they'll make Europe now. Just as they do every year.

And then they'll finish in the bottom half again after another relegation battle (hopefully).
  • Amazed he's gone there. Great appointment. Will need money to spend though, which I don't think they have.

Hopefully he'll be gone by Christmas once he realises they're skint. Shit club
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazed he's gone there. Great appointment. Will need money to spend though, which I don't think they have.

They are not skint though. They are an overhead -free business. All the TV money, all the corporate hospitality money, can be spent on players. Last figures I saw they were 10th in the spending league. Of course Gullivan and Brady might wish to spend even more of it on themselves, but skint they are not.

• they'll be on the phone to Big Sam by Christmas
  • Redrobo said:

Nor black Mariah.
  • Redrobo said:

Nor black Mariah.
    Still get her song on all the time at Christmas.

They are not skint though. They are an overhead -free business. All the TV money, all the corporate hospitality money, can be spent on players. Last figures I saw they were 10th in the spending league. Of course Gullivan and Brady might wish to spend even more of it on themselves, but skint they are not.

Indeed - luckily they'll spend it badly like usual.
  • edited May 2018

Redrobo said:

Nor black Mariah.
    I was vaguely aware of the term Black Mariah (probably from 1950's Pathe newsreels) but didn't realise that it had any sort of racial overtone. Funnily enough Paddy Wagon has always made me smile despite both myself and my partner having Irish heritage.

Anyway getting on subject £10m seem like an insane amount of money to be paying a decent but hardly world beating manager.
  • As usual I wish them all the worst!
  • No reason why a club of West Ham’s size can’t be challenging for a Europa League spot. If Pelligrini can’t take them onto that level then it’s money well spent.