Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD renews call for fans not to buy season tickets before takeover is confirmed

123457»

Comments

• Options
    The most effect we had on Duchatelet and publicity gained was when we were right in his face....protesting in the ground in big numbers. The boycott has had an effect undoubtedly but I think the time has come now to protest in the ground if he doesn't fuck off soon.Then a follow up on his home turf....he doesn't like it, he obviously wants to go, we need to force his hand, get in his face, embarrass him at home and in Belgium. Small crowds haven't made the headlines despite the club manipulating the numbers upwards, protesting in the ground is the answer in my opinion.

Hopefully it wont be necessary.....we can live in hope.
  • Options
    Blocking the car park was surprisingly effective in annoying people big time.
  • Options
    A full boycott will never happen but we are following Blackpool's path. I attended about 50% of the home games last season but if Roland still owns us next season or the freehold of the Valley then I will be joining the boycotters
  • Options
    Mametz said:

A total boycott will never happen nor would it hold. As we saw towards the end of last season a few back to back wins, a sniff of the play offs and a possible trip to Wembley had everyone wetting their knickers and totally oblivious to the fact we were still owned by RD.

Some people were calling for the protests to resume however CARD announced it would not be good as it would disrupt the teams performance etc.

For all the brave statements that are put about on here the actual number of fans prepared to stick 100% to their guns and stay away until RD is gone is small however I am proud to be one of them.

#notapennymore

There is a good point being made here.

For a boycott to have an effect, it has to be exactly that, a boycott.

The purpose of the boycott is to help rid the club of Roland not to effect a few results in the short term. To paraphrase an idiom: form is temporary, shit ownership is permanent.

The call for a full boycott should remain in place until Roland has gone.
    Too late for that.

It should have happened the season we went down.
  • Options
    A week or so ago it was announced that we had sold in the region of 5k season tickets.
    We have probably sold a few more since then and will continue until the season starts.
    I haven't renewed yet and I'm hoping that Roland sells before I do.
    But for a boycott to be truly effective we need far less than 5k season ticket holders.
    If Roland is still here come the start of the season we have to come up with other ideas to hurt him.
    Card
    Rot
    War
    And whoever else leed the protests you have my support.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

The campaign is no longer about persuading Duchatelet to sell. He already wants to sell. The aim now is to worsen the economic situation for him so he will sell more quickly and at a reasonable price.

No season ticket.

Boycott all home games. No in ground purchases, hospitality, catering, programmes, jackpot tickets.

Don’t even accept freebie tickets - empty the stadium

No buying of shirts or other club merchandise

Not a penny more until Duchatelet is gone.

Is that a CARD stance or a @Davo55 stance?

Davo55 said:

The campaign is no longer about persuading Duchatelet to sell. He already wants to sell. The aim now is to worsen the economic situation for him so he will sell more quickly and at a reasonable price.

No season ticket.

Boycott all home games. No in ground purchases, hospitality, catering, programmes, jackpot tickets.

Don’t even accept freebie tickets - empty the stadium

No buying of shirts or other club merchandise

Not a penny more until Duchatelet is gone.

Is that a CARD stance or a @Davo55 stance?
    Personal view.
    I'm glad that is your personal view, because it's mine as well. I would very much like to see CARD adopt this position also.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

A week or so ago it was announced that we had sold in the region of 5k season tickets.
    We have probably sold a few more since then and will continue until the season starts.
    But for a boycott to be truly effective we need far less than 5k season ticket holders.
    If Roland is still here come the start of the season we have to come up with other ideas to hurt him.
    Card
    Rot
    War

Full boycott should of been done 2 years ago
    Regarding the protests i will continue as i have done in the past, nothing.
  • Options
    5k sold already - the horse has bolted. Work out how to mobilise that 5k properly if you want to keep up the pressure.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Card
    Rot
    War

What a warrior fighting for the future of our club ay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just keep the pressure up boys.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

5k sold already - the horse has bolted. Work out how to mobilise that 5k properly if you want to keep up the pressure.

That's about the strength of it.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Card
    Rot
    War

You're confused.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Leuth said:

That's about the strength of it.
    Hardly think that 5k will be arsed about being 'mobilised' if (after everything) they've happily handed over hard-earned in advance to RD.

Also, I believe the quote was 'under 5k' so it could have been more like just over 4k at that point.
  • Options
    One is under 5k, so the under 5k quote could mean anything. Weasel words.