Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

People that slam doors

I live in a building block where living space is seperate...but its in close proximity to others.

The walls are kind of thin but it's just about ok enough and you can easily mind your own business. You sometimes hear voices...but it's not really intrusive.

I don't know if my stance on this is over the top or a bit too serious....but there is an absolute twat of a bloke next door who constantly feels a need to slam his front door behind him with a strange amount of defeaning force and anger....when he leaves and when he returns.

After a hard tiring days work and in a mood to just settle down and be ready for bed...I find the excessive slamming infuriatingly annoying to the point where I've really gotta sort this out.

Confrontation is not really my thing but I guess I'm going to have to reluctantly rise to this, as I'm sure that someone who feels the need to always slam a door like a child, is unlikely to listen to reason. They are in a bubble and need to be forced out of it.
Also based on instinct and what i hear, I know this bloke is a weird asshole and it may get ugly and quickly.

Does being on the recieving end of door slamming get on anyone elses nerves?

Its a pretty crappy inconsiderate thing to do that doesn't make much sense to me as a man of privacy and I like to think, peace.

The question is....Why?

Comments

• 1. Sticky door lock
    2. He’s a wanker
  • Sounds like he’s a right knob
  • so how many times a day does he slam his front door...twice maybe ? ...once when he leaves for work and again upon his return. He may go out again later to nip down the pub - so another 2 times. Hardly a hanging offence. So in a 24 hour period you experience a loud noise for about 10 seconds...

Jeez - get a grip & get a life.

Well golf...being annoyed about being on a recieving end of someone else's pathetic annoying display of it's me and I'm angry about something but strangers have to listen to it type emotion, is not really linked towards "a life" I may or may not have.

Its more of a room 101...pet peeve type thing.

Under annoying neighbors, neighbors from hell.

"Things that annoy you thread" is probably closer to home

• That Golfie does have his knockers...
  • Deal with it early. It's no good closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
  • edited May 2018
    Stig said:

Deal with it early. It's no good slamming the stable door after the horse has bolted.

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading the responses here it must be International heartless day.

You have my sympathy
  • Snowflake!
  • As someone that goes in and out of a lot of houses and blocks of flats ( no I'm not a burglar) I do notice that some doors do slam a lot harder than others quite often just by the way they're fitted. Not being a door fitting expert, maybe your neighbour is not actually slamming his door, but has one of those that does just make a loud noise. Maybe accidentally bump into him one day and mention that you had enough draught excluder left over to fit his door and would he like it as this may soften the blow (very inexpensive at most good diy stores).
    Failing that, wait for him to come home from the pub and knock him the fook out.
    Situation sorted.

What if the door is hung on the other side?
  • Dave2l said:

so how many times a day does he slam his front door...twice maybe ? ...once when he leaves for work and again upon his return. He may go out again later to nip down the pub - so another 2 times. Hardly a hanging offence. So in a 24 hour period you experience a loud noise for about 10 seconds...

Jeez - get a grip & get a life.

Well golf...being annoyed about being on a recieving end of someone else's pathetic annoying display of it's me and I'm angry about something but strangers have to listen to it type emotion, is not really linked towards "a life" I may or may not have.

Its more of a room 101...pet peeve type thing.

Under annoying neighbors, neighbors from hell.

"Things that annoy you thread" is probably closer to home

Would annoy most people I'm sure. Easy to just say "get a life" when it's not you having to put up with it. Golfaddick having his customary reply like a twat moment.
  • Speak to your neighbour to try and understand why he slams his door. Only then will you be able to truly empathise with him and work towards a mutually beneficial resolution that is draped in care and compassion.
  • Shows no respect, and is completely unnecessary.

Or the play offs against Shrewsbury still getting to him. Move on fella we all have.

Well Golfie is your brother , so you’re best placed to know , don’t think many will disagree
  • Dave2l said:

I live in a building block where living space is seperate...but its in close proximity to others.

The walls are kind of thin but it's just about ok enough and you can easily mind your own business. You sometimes hear voices...but it's not really intrusive.

I'd see a doctor about that.
  • Approach him as if the problem is with *the door* not him. Be passive, apologetic even, and ask if there is anything you can both do to sort the problem of the noisy door. It most likely sticks and he just hasn’t bothered to sort it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wait until he goes out, then put an axe to his door and leave it there.
  • Are the doors self closing?

Speak to him. Do not make a drama out of it as there is a high possibility he will be totally unaware that this upsets you. If he is a half decent chap he will try and stop.
  • I hate the way the FA keep slamming windows shut.
  • Used to live with two mates, one of who used to walk from bedroom to bathroom and back again repeatedly morning and night, each time just letting the door slam behind him.

Used to drive the two of us mad. How hard is it to ease it back with your hand. Not hard st all as the other two of us managed it.
  • Used to live with two mates, one of who used to wank from bedroom to bathroom and back again repeatedly morning and night,

Used to drive the two of us mad. How hard is it to ease it back with your hand. Not hard st all as the other two of us managed it.

• Wow this does seem over the top, unless its constant and at all hours?

When i was younger my Mum used to tell me to stop slamming doors, sometimes its just the way you are , maybe they are in a hurry or need to slam it or just generally loud.

Think you might need to move out ;)
  • You can tell here who slams doors !!!
  • Riscardo said:

You can tell here who smashes back doors !!!