Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Demelza Fund

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
AFKA - Did you say you were going to attend a meeting with Demelza in order to decide what should be done with the money such as the new hospice? What is the latest situation and when do you expect to close the donation site?

Thanks

Solid

Comments

• Options
    the site closes 22nd July, there is still a fair bit of money to be paid into it. I will prompt about its closure nearer the time.

I'm in contact with the local representative, but have had no meetings, and am unlikely to. They know of our preference but you can't make a donation and pinpoint exactly where and how its to be spent, it will all go into its main fund which the building of the new hospice will be taken from as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    When/where will the money be paid over? It'd be nice if this could be done on the pitch at the Valley, during/before our first home match of the season.
  • Options
    As an aside, what happened to the beard collection fund from the bucket i went round with?? i dont even no what happened to it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]As an aside, what happened to the beard collection fund from the bucket i went round with?? i dont even no what happened to it!

i've got it. Some of the cash funds raised on the night have had to be used to pay costs; pitch hire, framing etc.
  • Options
    gotcha dude, nice one
  • Options
    Fund seems to be drying up - are there still some big donations out there waiting to be paid in?

I notice in the Mercury that there Demelza are asking everyone in the area to donate £5 for the new hospice to raise £6.5m - so I am using that to sell the CDs so at least they get something in return and promotes Charlton.

Anybody else out there selling the CDs?
  • Options
    Hi Tony, the cds are still going my mate wants another 3, and got about 25 left now.
  • Options
    J
    I seem to be collecting the money but as most of the people are not Charlton supporters they do not want the CD! (and obviously not into good music). Suppose its the money that counts but its getting to be hard work trying to get rid of the CDs. My sister and her son/daughter are on the case over in Eltham.

Did you manage to put some in the Charlton/Bexleyheath shop (or superstore)?