Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The O2

The o2 layout

Not half as inspring a choice of food, as AEG were making out, but at least the Nando's will be a decent size, and the cinema looks massive

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The o2 layout

Not half as inspring a choice of food, as AEG were making out, but at least the Nando's will be a decent size, and the cinema looks massive
    It is bloody huge. I had the opportunity to walk around it all a month or so ago and it was amazing. Will be a great venue for everything including gigs, friday/saturday nights out and if yesterday's paper is anything to go by - days at nights at the beach
  • Options
    At least there is no McDonalds or Burget King to attract the undesirable types. Not exactly destination eating as they claimed but good enough if you want to eat before going to see a concert/event.

Had a tour a few months back. The boxes were huge and the arena will be a great place to see bands and sport.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Looks fabulous. whats not inspiring about some of those? Lots of variety and a nightclub to boot.

All on my doorstep. Wonderful.

I did the riverfront walk home monday and must say i cant figure it out as it still looks like its a building site. Looking forward to JT on the 5th now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]At least there is no McDonalds or Burget King to attract the undesirable types.

you snob henry, there's plenty of these types on here already ; )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]At least there is no McDonalds or Burget King to attract the undesirable types.

you snob henry, there's plenty of these types on here already ; )

LOL that was what the people from AEG said if not quite in those words. They don't see it as a place lots of kids in hoodies will hang out but more somewhere you will go out for a sit down meal
  • Options
    The only two that stand out are Thai Silk (love the one in Waterloo) and Raan, which looks the nuts.

Otherwise, sameold sameold, but I can't wait for it to open and see Prince down there
  • Options
    perhaps may be as im not west end based but i've never heard of Las Iguanas, inc brasserie, jimmy monacos, S and M, Raan or the water margin (whatever that is). thai silk i get delivered to the office so know that one.

very excited.
  • Options

Don't like the logo...
  • Options
    i thought there was going to be a big amusement park down there????
  • Options
    Inc Brasserie is an off shoot of Inc Bar and the Inc owned pubs in Greenwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Don't like the logo...

Nor those Bubbles, why can't mobile phone companies just have a picture of a phone? Orange, what the hell, why can't it be called 'phone', and have a brush stroke style logo?
  • Options
    ahhh thought it sounded familiar. of course they had to get their finger in that pie! goes without saying.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]perhaps may be as im not west end based but i've never heard of Las Iguanas, inc brasserie, jimmy monacos, S and M, Raan or the water margin (whatever that is). thai silk i get delivered to the office so know that one.

very excited.

there is a los iguanas above wagamama at royal festival hall, its a tapas type restaurant, never been but its meant to be nice.

never heard of the others tho. looking forward to going there to see something to take advantage of it all.
  • Options
    Going to superb having a venue like that on the manor.
    Can't wait to see Jagger and the boys tearing it up there in August.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    My 8 year old could have built that venue. FACT

Looks like a upturned plase with chopsticks sticking out of it. What's that all about? It's ugly and it smells : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Going to superb having a venue like that on the manor.

Even If I was willing to part with £150 I wouldn't go. One of the all time favorites bands but i thought they were past it when i saw then in 76. I think I would be very let down.
  • Options
    Henry you wasnt shown around with the other CAFC directors were you ? AEG investment please please
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Going to superb having a venue like that on the manor.

Even If I was willing to part with £150 I wouldn't go. One of the all time favorites bands but i thought they were past it when i saw then in 76. I think I would be very let down.

went to see them last year at twickenham, have been to a few gigs/concerts in my time, but would have to say this was in the top 5 of all time. and i'm not even a big fan of the stones. amazing.

it did help we were in the front row!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Henry you wasnt shown around with the other CAFC directors were you ? AEG investment please please

Yes I was. I tried to do a swap deal of a two seats in the north upper for a box at the O2 but they weren't interested. : - )

They were showing around directors of lots of local firms, not just Charlton, to sell corporate boxes and seats so no big investment coming our way.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    S'ok Henry I won't tell everyone about seeing you in McD's on the Yorkshire Grey mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]

S'ok Henry I won't tell everyone about seeing you in McD's on the Yorkshire Grey mate.

LOL But I least I didn't take my other half in there like someone I could mention! ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    went to see them last year at twickenham, have been to a few gigs/concerts in my time, but would have to say this was in the top 5 of all time. and i'm not even a big fan of the stones. amazing.

it did help we were in the front row![div class=Attachments id=Attachments_103761 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]CIMG5311.JPG[/div][/ul][/div]

I guess that is it. Never liked big venues but if you are in the front. I just think I'd be expecting the 1972 stones when Keef looked great and Jagger struting didn't seem so OTT.
  • Options
    Wow...the S&M bar - perhaps we could have a whip round!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I guess that is it. Never liked big venues but if you are in the front. I just think I'd be expecting the 1972 stones when Keef looked great and Jagger struting didn't seem so OTT.
    yeah, i'm not a fan of big venues. we were very lucky.
    what do you mean, keef looks great now!
  • Options
    must have been the ashes that has kept him so lively.
  • Options
    his guitars do a great job of hiding his pot belly most of the time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]must have been the ashes that has kept him so lively.

LOL - He looked better in 1972 before he had his teeth done.
  • Options
    Can see some happy summer evenings been spent done there!brilliant
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Free tickets for the "community day" there on 20 June are now open to Greenwich borough residents (apparently addresses will be checked) - use O2 pass code SRLBSG.

Lucky Soul are due to play this.
  • Options
    Ben

If you have 3 spares I'll buy you a drink for them but if you've already got then earmarked for people then I understand.

Might treat the wife to Jools Holland at the club thingy for her birthday if I can sort the arrangements.

Ben