Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

sankofa

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
has just signed a one year deal

Comments

• Options
    He's going to be first choice right back next season.
  • Options
    Probably spells the end for Young then. Think he will do okay in Fizzies.
  • Options
    in my opinion he will cover/compete with a new signing for the right back berth as I can't see Young staying to play Fizzy Football.
  • Options
    LA you may be right as he's only in contract till next year.
  • Options
    Sankofa's useful - he just needs to play games.
    A bit of experience will breed confidence - and then he'll be good enough.
  • Options
    I personally don't consider him good enough for even the Fizzy League and I reckon Pards sees him as useful cover if needed hence only a year extension. If pards rated him and he was going to be a regular he would have got a two year deal at least.
  • Options
    Yes i agree he is useful
  • Options
    I think he's a decent player and could do OK for us at full back or centre half. Glad he has signed.

We moan the kids never get given a chance and then when one is kept on he's not good enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I personally don't consider him good enough for even the Fizzy League and I reckon Pards sees him as useful cover if needed hence only a year extension. If pards rated him and he was going to be a regular he would have got a two year deal at least.

Large to be fair there a lot of players you have said you don't rate but it means sod all. The boy never let us down in the Prem even you have to agree.

You sound like Stone does about Young granted you don't rate the lad but there is a lot more of us on here who think he'll do ok in thet league.

On the other hand we are all there to be shot down if he proves you right - we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    I had my doubts that he had either the ability or the pace for the Premiership when he came on for Spector the season before last. I also wasn't impressed initially when he first came in last season for Young. However as time went on he grew on me. He seems committed to the task and in a struggling side didn't look too bad.

The jury is still out im my opinion as to whether or not he is a Premiership player but I definitely think he will do a good job in the Championship.

As Pards says we don't want egos in this league. Sankofa seems to be one who will muck in and give his all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought his Bolton away performance last season showed he has the ability to do a job in the fizzy at least for this season.
  • Options
    One issue that no one has mentioned, is that a couple of years ago Murray said that he a dodgy knee or knees a la Kinsella and thought he had no decent future due to fitness.
  • Options
    You saw his confidence grow the more games he played last season - think he could do a decent job. His crossing ability looks better than Luke ' a corner's the best we can hope for' Young's at any rate...