Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland Away Cheaper Trains

Found a way to get to Sunderland on trains cheaper.

London Kings x @6.30 to Leeds arrive @ 8.50 £16 SINGLE

Leeds @ 9.12 to Sunderland arrive @11.29 £13.50 SINGLE

Sunderland @16.03 to Leeds arrives @ 18.15 £ £13.50 SINGLE

Leeds @19.45 to London Kings Cross arrive @21.07 £16 SINGLE

TOTAL £59

long bloody day though

Comments

• i did look at that but the agg factor of having to get a cab into london made it not so much of a saving so gonna swallow the £111.00 i think.
  • i did look at that but the agg factor of having to get a cab into london made it not so much of a saving so gonna swallow the £111.00 i think.

I am thinking of flying to newcastle and then getting train back,
  • Train fares for Sunderland, not helped with the fringe festival at Edinburgh being on at the same time.

That's what I'm doing.

That's what I'm doing.
    who you flying with BA from heathrow?
  • 19.50 Newcastle to Gatwick is only £41.
  • https://raileasy.trainsplit.com/

give that site ago, breaks down the journey but often with little or no changes and a fraction of the cost, i use it to get to norwich, first class, in advance and it usually costs me £5 return.

doesnt work everywhere but definitely worth a try.
  • virgin east coast direct trains using small group discount ( auto applied when a few of you i done it for 5 )

saturday kingsx 7.30 newcaslte 10.30
    sunday newcaslte 10.29 kingsx 13.39

£82.20 each
    hotel for £37 each

not as an expensive away day as i thought.