Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sex pistols set to play again.

Johnny and the boys are looking at playing some dates in the u.k. over the xmas period,well worth seeing if you haven't already.

Comments

• Options
    "Ever had the feeling you've been had?" as Rotten himself once said. Not the slighest interest in seeing them again. That was then this is now.
  • Options
    Shit band the first time round
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimbrannin[/cite]Shit band the first time round

No, great band once but that was a long time ago.
  • Options
    I have seen them,so i wouldn't go myself but it might be of some interest to others.
  • Options
    Public Image were better - would rather see them
  • Options
    he was ont alksport yesterday and said it is very possible
  • Options
    A lot of the initial appeal was the shock factor and moving "rock rebellion" on a notch.

I guess there will be a certain nostalgic appeal but I don't think they will carry it off in the way other "old" bands still performing do. I don't think the musical substance is there.
  • Options
    they reformed once before and the general feeling was they were rubbish
  • Options
    Have also seen P.I.L. who were great, no chance of them reforming.
  • Options
    They were NOT a great band, not by any stretch of the imagination. They cut a couple of catchy tunes at the right time and that is it.
    The only people who go on about how good they were are those who wern't there and those who were and who were not into the them at the time but make out now that they were. EG Jonathan Ross and other 45-47 year olds who say they were punks.
    Their real fans accept them for what they were - great fun and different for 12/18 months.
    Johnny Rotten is a very clever, extremley rich man who has a completly different persona for everyone he deals with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw them at Crystal Palace park a few years ago. Absolutely brilliant, very tight, very energetic and great fun. Ignore all the nay sayers, if you like a good live gig go and fill your boots. A mate who came with us didn't like them before he went, said it was the best gig he had ever been to afterwards...
  • Options
    saw this the other day , very amusing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfGnASlSJA
  • Options
    Speaking of punk bands that have got back together - Carter USM are playing Brixton Academy as a one off in November, and I got me a ticket!!
  • Options
    Carter = palace fans
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Carter = palace fans[/quote]

I think they were Millwall fans (which i know is not much better) - although one of them did play for the Palace and England youth teams
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Carter = palace fans

Oi!!

Not all of them!!
  • Options
    Well said Carter - see you in Brixton in Nov!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Carter = palace fans

Oi!!

Not all of them!!

Carter - Charlton Unathletic legend.......! ;-)
  • Options
    Leg, eng!! End of legs for Carter!!

Having watched footage of the game and my (alleged) two footed challenge on the new splitter I have come to the conclusion that I was nowhere near him guv!! ;-)
  • Options
    Did anyone get tickets to the sex pistols? I got 4 and going with my old man...rock and roll
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2007
    No Pistols, Jam or Buzzcocks in 2007
  • Options
    It's just not Rock 'n' roll it's The great rock 'n' roll swindle 30 years on, shame on you Johnny.
  • Options
    Buzzcocks? Now they really were crap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Buzzcocks? Now they really were crap.

Perfect pop group, Pete Shelly was a poet and "Boredom" has the only guitar solo I can play.
  • Options
    carter were new cross lads
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Buzzcocks? Now they really were crap.

Perfect pop group, Pete Shelly was a poet and "Boredom" has the only guitar solo I can play.

Crap.
  • Options
    I think the username says it all...

[;o)]
  • Options
    If it was PIL or Lydon on his own I would be there in a flash. I liked the Pistols back in '76 but I would like to see him produce something new. The last time he done that was in 1997. At least the Pistols are making money for themselves now. They were robbed back then.
  • Options
    If anyone's interested, I think I can get some free tickets to see them in Manchester this coming Saturday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]carter were new cross lads

Don't make them any good, they were jank