Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Looked like Taylor was waving away one of the Wimbledon players at the final whistle. Whats happened there?
  • Options

Looked like Taylor was waving away one of the Wimbledon players at the final whistle. Whats happened there?

Wonder if there was a bit of caution offered from the Wimbledon player (Wagstaff?) - Its not often you see an ex-Player doing that to the opposition fans at the end of the game and when they do its not usually met with a warm reaction
  • Options

To be honest I had the same concerns as seemed he'd only ever made an impact @ AFC Wimbledon compared to his other clubs as was a bit of a Magennis / Ajose in that respect

Certainly remember the AFC Wimbledon game at the Valley last year where he was completely anonymous yet since joining Charlton it seems as though Bowyer and Grant have gotten the best out of him; i.e. at the start of the season I felt that Bowyer and Gallen had gotten just the one signing wrong (Steer) yet my view has changed on that now and really hopeful they can add to the squad next month as both really do have an eye for a player

Think this is a really important point for our (relative) success this season on a shoestring budget. Everyone they have signed has added depth and strength to the squad from what I can tell, which when you've got a grand total of about 50p for new players is impressive.
  • Options
    Didn’t realise Fosu is out of contract too.
    It’s been said so many times but please sell up and sod off and let someone in who can start salavaging this club and running it professionally.
  • Options
    Gary Linekers toe injections never seemed to do him much harm....
  • Options

Don't like the guy. After Saturday, my wife has decided that she'd also like to give her heart to him this Christmas (As sung in the song). And he can talk as well! She had a mini orgasm when he used the word "reticent".

Keeps going round and round in my head...

Last Christmas, I gave Ricky my heart.
    The very next day, we sold him away.
    This year, to save me from tears,
    I'll give it to Lyle Taylor
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Can't run anymore, now just one of the walkers.
  • Options
    First player of ours I’ve ever followed on social media. Just comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke, and one who genuinely appreciates us as fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fumbluff said:

Can't run anymore, now just one of the walkers.
    That was a crisp comment.

• Options
    So many of our goals this season have been off balls played across the face of the goal then KG or LT putting them away, wonder how much time we must have dedicated to it in training as its really sharp. Aribo's goal against Blackpool the other week is another example on top of this vid
  • Options

So many of our goals this season have been off balls played across the face of the goal then KG or LT putting them away, wonder how much time we must have dedicated to it in training as its really sharp. Aribo's goal against Blackpool the other week is another example on top of this vid
    That's why it was so frustrating with Ajose against Wimbledon. He kept cutting inside; pretty much the first time he stuck one across the six yard box, we scored..
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

That's why it was so frustrating with Ajose against Wimbledon. He kept cutting inside; pretty much the first time he stuck one across the six yard box, we scored..
    To be fair, it wasn’t just Ajose but each time Fosu got the ball he played it inside or cut inside. I don’t remember him beating his man and playing in a decent ball across the face of goal.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sage said:

CatAddick said:

To be fair, it wasn’t just Ajose but each time Fosu got the ball he played it inside or cut inside. I don’t remember him beating his man and playing in a decent ball across the face of goal.
    I thought our crossing has been pretty poor in general this season which is frustrating when you see that Lyle Taylor is one of the few that can actually produce a neat delivery - thankfully Karlan's heading appears to be improving (Bowyer certainly seemed surprised when he scored with his head in the Soccer AM challene) so has been putting those chances away but we also need the threat of Taylor in the box and not out on the flanks!!

Our corners were especially poor until Cullen signed yet then he sits in front of the Defence so unless he's taking a set piece he's not going to be out in the wide areas to put in that type of delivery
  • Options
    Sage said:

CatAddick said:

Agree (and in fact I nearly added him to my post first time round), difference was that finally Nicky tried something different. IMHO this has been the worst aspect of Fosu's play this year - he's so predictable even I would have a decent chance of dispossessing him once in a while.
  • Options
    First time I have listened to Taylor speak and didn’t realise how intelligent and articulate he comes across on camera. Seems a thoroughly decent guy when all is said and done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

First player of ours I’ve ever followed on social media. Just comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke, and one who genuinely appreciates us as fans

This. During a break in play yesterday he looked up at the north upper as we were singing his name and just had the most genuine grin on his face.

Love him.
  • Options
    Can someone who sees him play regularly, unfortunately not me, tell me about his regular bookings. Does he commit silly, frustrating fouls or is he so intent on winning, he chases the ball to win. Most of his yellow cards seems to be fouls committed in the opposition half. Only another 2 yellows and he gets banned for 2 games
  • Options
    He is a proper niggly player, he is always all over the opposition. Holding, pushing, backing in. A proper handful in fact.

Not a big surprise he gets so many yellows but you wouldn’t want him to take this element of his game out as it’s how he gets a lot of his space.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Can someone who sees him play regularly, unfortunately not me, tell me about his regular bookings. Does he commit silly, frustrating fouls or is he so intent on winning, he chases the ball to win. Most of his yellow cards seems to be fouls committed in the opposition half. Only another 2 yellows and he gets banned for 2 games

He spends a lot of each match wrestling with his marker.
    Occasionally he flies in recklessly.
    He kicked the ball deliberately, after the whistle had been blown.
    He's often arguing with the ref.
    Most of his yellows are unnecessary.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Take that out of him and he's half the player, guarantee this.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Take that out of him and he's half the player, guarantee this.
    Maybe.