Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options

Best player since Kermogant - enjoy watching him play. Great signing.

Think he's very similar style to Kermogant in that he's the kinda you love to have, but the kind you hate to play against. Always in the opposition defenders face, constant hassling and grit which makes the CBs job that harder to do for a full 90 minutes. Agree with above, he may get a number of yellows but if you took out that part of him he'd be half as effective.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Regarding some of the fouls against Taylor and some of his bookings, I think it’s a case of him being frustrated. The treatment he gets every single game is crazy, I mean he is constantly being fouled and pulled by the defender and often if the striker goes down, the referee is more likely to wave play on than if it was the other way around.

I think some of his bookings this season have been a bit unnecessary, but there have definitely been some as well where he is a victim of how the game has gone where he would get booked for less than what the defender does to him. You’ll often find Lyle express his dismay towards the officials because of this, and they don’t like that, so they’ll pick on him more.

No way I would change how he plays though, I do agree that it would take part of his game away. The bonus too is opposition teams focus so much on stopping Taylor as best as they can, that it leaves space for Grant to use his pace to get in behind.

He’ll likely miss a couple of games through suspension with his bookings, but he is one hell of a player for us, and in this division.

He is a strong player and defenders have to man up against him. You can't blame them for that. I would be surprised if he wasn't one of the players they least enjoyed playing against.
  • Options
    His second half display today was outstanding and a joy to watch - will do well to keep him.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited January 2019
    Best player on the pitch by some distance
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Got a real man-love going on for him. Lovely bloke, great personality but a fantastic player too! He has an “edge” to him that is what makes him so effective

Best of all I think he gets what we see about and it’s a mutually great fit

• Options
    First game this season and wow! What a player. Can certainly see why people have been mentioning him alongside the god that is Yann.

Superb player off and on the ball. Also the passion he has is a delight to see after some of the shit we’ve been forced to watch over these past few years.

His reaction in the second half when he had a really poor shot isn’t something you tend to see these days.
  • Options
    Sunderland creaming themselves over him on their forum.
  • Options
    Every time I see new posts in this thread, I worry it is about a transfer rumor out.
  • Options

Every time I see new posts in this thread, I worry it is about a transfer rumor out.

Mill.......
  • Options
    Said it before and got some lol’s, but will say it again, he isn’t going anywhere. Top player, top man, and we are so lucky to have him, joy to watch and will score at least 20 this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many more booking before Taylor gets a 2 game ban? Needs to time it well so he misses 'easier' games.
  • Options
    Mike said:

How many more booking before Taylor gets a 2 game ban? Needs to time it well so he misses 'easier' games.

• Options

Or an injury

"In a freak training ground accident..."
  • Options
    I think Karlan would be crackers to leave here, he can learn and improve so much playing alongside Lyle, will help him in the future.
  • Options
    Taylor involved with 19 goals this season, (scoring and assists), more than any other in the division
  • Options

Absolutely love this boy. His attitude is everything I want to see in a Charlton player. Competitive, determined, and 100% committed but he still looks like he’s having a lovely old time every time he plays. Even when he was co commentating on valley pass, despite not getting to play, you could tell he was determined to make the most of it and have some fun with Gregg and Tell. Knows he’s has one of the best jobs in the world, knows he’s top of his game, and is full of joie de vivre and it’s infectious.

And then there was that penalty last week. It’s really stuck with me this week, what he did, giving it to Karlan to help his mate out. I know he got some credit for it, but I’m not sure enough was made of it. Sure, it seems a small enough gesture on the surface but, seriously, how many times have you seen a player do something like that? It’s not like it was 5-0 and Karlan was in a hat trick. In fact he was kind of on the opposite of a hat trick and we needed that goal to put the game to bed. Plus Lyle’s a goal scorer and they usually want every chance to score they can get. Thought it was real leadership and unselfishness you’ll rarely see on a football pitch.

The man love is nearing Kermorgant levels, for me. And I seriously doubted anyone would ever get close to Yann. For me, having players like him around goes a very long way towards getting my Charlton back, Roland or no Roland.

#talisman

Very true. Compare Taylor's action with that effing idiot at Fulham who refused to give the ball to Mitrovich when they were awarded a penalty in a vital game. (And then proceeded to miss it!)

• Options
    Now we need a striker before next week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer has said on Radio London that the club will be appealing the red card. He said hes watched the incident 3 times and cannot see what Lyle or their keeper did wrong.
  • Options

Bowyer has said on Radio London that the club will be appealing the red card. He said hes watched the incident 3 times and cannot see what Lyle or their keeper did wrong.

Well their bellend of an nobody (video on the Post Match Thread) has said that their Goalkeeper has had a kick in the chest

If thats from Taylor and true then nope it aint getting rescinded
  • Options

Well their bellend of an nobody (video on the Post Match Thread) has said that their Goalkeeper has had a kick in the chest

If thats from Taylor and true then nope it aint getting rescinded
    Well,if true,then no,it won't be rescinded but Bowyer seemed fairly sure Taylor hasn't done anything wrong. Oh well,we'll find out soon enough.
  • Options
    Fortunately the correct result still occurred.
  • Options

Although not a red card if you are not attempting to go for the ball but impeding the keeper from doing so then it’s a foul and the goal should be disallowed.

Could argue that Taylor was purely standing his ground, especially if that was anywhere else on the pitch
  • Options

Although not a red card if you are not attempting to go for the ball but impeding the keeper from doing so then it’s a foul and the goal should be disallowed.

Could argue that Taylor was purely standing his ground, especially if that was anywhere else on the pitch
    Yes but by doing so you are impeding the keeper.

• Options

Is that a red card offence though?

Was Taylor sent off for that or his part in the melee?
  • Options

Is that a red card offence though?

Was Taylor sent off for that or his part in the melee?
    Whilst laying on the ground, he kicked out at one of their players.