Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Twitter really is the home of the utterly moronic who rely on a hashtag to make an argument - presumably Quek knows nothing about football.

She sounds like a teenager who had just listened to the Spice Girls.
  • Uboat said:
    Sadly I don't think Lyle comes out of this very well. Only caveat is that I didn't see her deleted tweets.
    Really?  

His original tweet raised a valid point and her only response was to refuse to believe who he was, mug off the level of football he plays at and then post some shitty little meme. 

Another Liverpool fan that joins the list of being a complete div.
    Yes, really, not that I expected many on CL to agree. As I said, I didn't see her deleted tweets. Lyle started with a question that was legitimate to an extent, but pretty unnecessary and always likely to give encouragement to men who don't seem to like women much. After that the whole, 'you must fancy me' thing made me cringe a bit.
    I still love the man, but this wasn't his finest hour. 
  • Twitter really is the home of the utterly moronic who rely on a hashtag to make an argument - presumably Quek knows nothing about football.

#girlpower
  • iamdan said:
    Twitter really is the home of the utterly moronic who rely on a hashtag to make an argument - presumably Quek knows nothing about football.

#girlpower
    #hockeyplayertalkinginaneteenagebollocks
  • Once again, you lot clearly need me to sort this out ;)

Her initial statement was kind of cringey, especially as it referred to their looks when it really didn't have to (or it could have just called them 'stylish' rather than - ugh - 'beautiful'). Taylor was right that it was cringey, but didn't need to weigh in. The rest I didn't read on the grounds that it would have irritated me. Twitter is a cesspool. That do? 
  • Is that an ironing board they are standing around whilst chatting?
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedant alert.... It's a white tick. 
  • Saw this on Facebook. Lyle’s “next move”?

• Whaaaaaat???!
  • What does he mean by "looking forward to seeing his next move"??
  • Probably just worded weird.
  • Guess he's just had his next move to the level of the Championship
  • When was this taken? players not back in training until Friday
  • Wouldn't read too much into that, reckon just poor wording and he means the step up to the championship
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    When was this taken? players not back in training until Friday
    Think Lyle’s doing his own thing make sure he’s in good shape before pre-season formally starts, quite a few players do it these days.
  • If if he goes he goes, would be nice of him to hang around as he was quite happy to do it at Wimbledon. 

But equally I don’t blame anyone for leaving the current circus we have become under this Belgian shit stain. 
  • Taylor is not going anywhere. Last season was the best season of his professional career by a mile. If his enjoyment was fake then I have totally lost it. The only reason he would go is if bowyer thought he could better in. With the present budget no chance, so Lyle, at age 29 will get the chance to play at the highest standard of his career. 
  • I hope you are right @redman. Apart from Wimbledon he has never stayed at one club for more than a season. I'm sure he is ambitious. What if a top half Championship club comes after him?
  • Actually there was one sentence in Bowyer's interview with SLP that got me a bit worried which I forgot to post on here when I read it yesterday:

“I think Jake [Forster-Caskey] will sign now and there is a chance that Anfernee Dijksteel will extend. We’re going to try and tie Lyle [Taylor down], which is going to be difficult.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-was-fully-aware-of-charlton-athletic-fallout-if-he-had-walked-away-from-the-club/
  • Actually there was one sentence in Bowyer's interview with SLP that got me a bit worried which I forgot to post on here when I read it yesterday:

“I think Jake [Forster-Caskey] will sign now and there is a chance that Anfernee Dijksteel will extend. We’re going to try and tie Lyle [Taylor down], which is going to be difficult.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-was-fully-aware-of-charlton-athletic-fallout-if-he-had-walked-away-from-the-club/
    Good spot...the only consolation is that Lyle has another year on his deal, so even if we can’t get him signed up this summer we probably have about six months before other clubs properly start making enquires to his agent - that’s six months to get a takeover through which is basically the key to any chance of success currently.  

• Lyle is a proper good WUM when he wants to be. Reminding the Rangers fans of their very recent past.
    He responds to a bit too much in my opinion. Very easy for people to get a bite out of. 
  • I hope you are right @redman. Apart from Wimbledon he has never stayed at one club for more than a season. I'm sure he is ambitious. What if a top half Championship club comes after him?

He’s already playing for one....
  • Sam Querk who appears to have retired from being a gold Medal winning Hockey player to climbing up the media rock face by
    going into the jungle and doing media work at all sports events around the country including Aintree i(her own back yard of Liverpool) 
    Sam and Lyle are two very opinionated sports people who both made comments that seem reasonable to me.
    Sam in saying the sisterhood scrub up well and Lyle questioning why she would say that. No right or wrong just that men and women are from Venus and Mars (other planets are available)

The fact that Sam is a scouser and has got into a chuckle brothers,from me to you ding dong with Lyle Taylor won't make her popular with CL members but when my females mates from my spoken word/poetry group meet and we  perform around London it's best to let them get on with the compliments and barbs to each other before my bittersweet act tops the bill.
    we are all equal in my egalitarian world !

Social media disagreements are the longest tennis rallies known to man or woman.
    Should be a tie break after so many cheap shots.(see the spin on that )