Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited June 2023
    Rob7Lee said:
    I think he'll play on.

Whilst 3 years on 15-20k seems a hell of a lot (which it is), it's not going to mean he can live the high life for the rest of his days. At best for those three years is £1.1-£1.4m in your pocket, and he'll have spent a proportion already.

He'll get a 12 month gig at Championship or more likely league one on £150k+ a year, he'll take that and kick the can down the road.
    But prior to that he was probably on around £250k per year for a few years so unless he was being stupid with that theres no reason to think he didnt already have a substantial amount salted away before he went to Forest.

Invested sensibly he shouldn't have to "work" again unless he wants to.

It's such a comfort to know that the narcissistic entitled prick won't be destitute.
  • Maybe he'll go back to Millwall....
  • Forest fans reckon he was on 30k per week. 3 years of that and he never needs to work again if he doesn’t want to 
  • Reckon he'll sign for Birmingham.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    I think he'll play on.

Whilst 3 years on 15-20k seems a hell of a lot (which it is), it's not going to mean he can live the high life for the rest of his days. At best for those three years is £1.1-£1.4m in your pocket, and he'll have spent a proportion already.

He'll get a 12 month gig at Championship or more likely league one on £150k+ a year, he'll take that and kick the can down the road.
    But prior to that he was probably on around £250k per year for a few years so unless he was being stupid with that theres no reason to think he didnt already have a substantial amount salted away before he went to Forest.

It's such a comfort to know that the narcissistic entitled prick won't be destitute.
    Probably not even that much really. I doubt he was earning 5k a week at the likes of Falkirk, Scunthorpe and AFC Wimbledon.

I've no doubt he's not exactly struggling but at the age of 33, would his career earnings really be enough to never have to work again?
  • Croydon said:
    One year of an inflated wage and now jobless. Not worked out particularly well for him. And how much has a season of zero competitive football affected his ability? 
    I think he can retire and lead a very comfortable life on the three year contract he signed.
    These guys get used to a certain lifestyle, and I doubt he’s earned enough to live comfortably on what he’s banked so far, if he wants to maintain anything like that lifestyle. He’d piss through his savings in four or five years, I reckon. 
  • edited June 2023
    Rob7Lee said:
    I think he'll play on.

Probably not even that much really. I doubt he was earning 5k a week at the likes of Falkirk, Scunthorpe and AFC Wimbledon.

I've no doubt he's not exactly struggling but at the age of 33, would his career earnings really be enough to never have to work again?
    Say he has a couple of million in the bank.

Buy a couple of houses and rent them out for 3k a month each.  

Have 500k for spending money.

• Smithy said:
    Forest fans reckon he was on 30k per week. 3 years of that and he never needs to work again if he doesn’t want to 
    He probably got a pay rise when Forest got into the premier league, which would have been in the contract he signed when he left us.
  • An average to lower championship side who don’t pay bad wages.  Stoke, Cardiff, Ipswich, Hull my guess.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:
    I think he'll play on.

Something tells me the year in the Premier League saw an increase in his salary.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    I think he'll play on.

Something tells me the year in the Premier League saw an increase in his salary.
    And a hefty promotion bonus
  • Hope he is genuinely upset. He might not be, but I hope he is.
    The likelihood is that you will be more upset than him.
  • Long walk off of a short pier.
    Shit juggling contest.
    Alligator wrestling.

Just three of the projects I would like him to consider!
  • Perhaps he’ll sit on Luton Town’s bench for another payday.
  • Perhaps he’ll sit on Luton Town’s bench for another payday.
    That’s a bit of a gamble for Luton, as he’s never played above championship level. 
  • YTS1978 said:
    He was on £25k a week, so he made ridiculous money compared to normal folk. I can’t stand the guy and I think he holds some ridiculous opinions but he is educated and I imagine that unlike some players, he hasn’t frittered away the wages and was fully aware that this was his career pay off. He’s probably invested it well enough to be secure for life. For all that I despise him, I can’t blame him for securing his finances. It was a sensible move on a personal level but he handled it so unpleasantly that it marked out his character. He deserves all the vitriol because he lacked class and grace which you simply can’t buy, no matter how big a contract you sign. 
    Can only hope that Richard Rufus was advising him on investment opportunities...
    and that before Richards earnings pay out, he spends a load of money getting Steve Jones to frame his shirts. 
    The likelihood is that you will be more upset than him.
    Not really. If he's not upset, then it doesn't bother me. If he is upset, I'm happy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:
    I think he'll play on.

Tax. Upkeep of the houses. And the agency fees, as he won’t want the hassle of fixing things himself. 
  • Surprised Forest are letting Jesse Lingard go on a free.
  • I thought he only signed a contarct for one season?
  • Surprised Forest are letting Jesse Lingard go on a free.
    Not really, considering his wage they get to clear. 
  • shine166 said:
    Surprised Forest are letting Jesse Lingard go on a free.
    Not really, considering his wage they get to clear. 
    And the fact he barely played after January.
  • edited June 2023
    seth plum said:
    When he actually played football for Charlton he was good.

This:  I believe that's why Charlton fans/critics were/are so bitter towards him.
    If 'Lyle Taylor baby' had been bang average no one would have cared.

He gave 100% every game he played and his ego, Skill and goals made him so popular. The worse game I saw him play was the last game before the Covid shut down when we lost to Middlesbrough at home 1-0. 

In life if you burn too many bridges you will run out of options.
    Ironic that when Lyle got his big Contract at Forest he hardly played and he couldn't see the wood for the trees but he could see his bank balance go up and that was his new goal.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    I think he'll play on.

Tax. Upkeep of the houses. And the agency fees, as he won’t want the hassle of fixing things himself. 
    If he had £3m in the bank he could get a high interest account quite easily.
    6.5% interest with a 1% charge 

stick £2m in there, take a £10k a month “salary” and never touch your investment and it will grow slightly.  There will be times you spend more than £10k a month but before long you’d run out of unnecessary shit to buy

And still have £1m to piss about with

you can see why he took the move as he’s set for life. He could go and live un Montserrat and live like a deity.  

can’t see him being a pundit as he dislikes the game 
  • "doesn't like football"

But he sure spends a lot of time watching it and posting about it on social media, interviewing on talkshite about it and arguing with TV pundits on twitter over it. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

• seth plum said:
    When he actually played football for Charlton he was good.

This:  I believe that's why Charlton fans/critics were/are so bitter towards him.
    If 'Lyle Taylor baby' had been bang average no one would have cared.

He gave 100% every game he played and his ego, Skill and goals made him so popular. The worse game I saw him play was the last game before the Covid shut down when we lost to Middlesbrough at home 1-0. 

In life if you burn too many bridges you will run out of options.
    Ironic that when Lyle got his big Contract at Forest he hardly played and he couldn't see the wood for the trees but he could see his bank balance go up and that was his new goal.

What's wrong with wanting to earn more money?
    I'm not overly keen that he didn't for fill his contract with us, but I can see why he did it.  As for burning bridges he still has 71 EFL clubs (and 19 Premier league but I think that's a long shot) to choose from, so...
     I would welcome him back and IF he can play to the same standard( big ?? on fitness, sharpness, motivation) I think he would be accepted by most of the fans.