Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Someone has changed his wiki page to read that his current club is Boro !!!
    Lyle James Alfred Taylor (born 29 March 1990) is a professional footballer who plays as a striker for Championship club Charlton Athletic and the Montserrat national team.

Reverted already... Meaning either you changed it thinking it'll be lols but didn't realise Wikipedia reverts unverified changes, or it was changed by someone else and not verified so it's reverted already.
    I wouldn't know how to change it TBH
  • Just looked again - under club information at the top it still says Boro
  • Fully expect a Statement from Lyle on twitter today talking about the last few days
  • Awwww his middle names. 
    I love the name Alfred. 
  • Still think he will be on his way. Thats where all these rumours have come flooding back from..... The Rat is giving Bowyer some of the money.
  • Still think he will be on his way. Thats where all these rumours have come flooding back from..... The Rat is giving Bowyer some of the money
    Well as you have repeated this about 10 times already on various threads I hear you loud and clear.
  • edited August 2019
    Lyle if you stay and my next baby is a boy, I'll consider one of your names Lyle or Alfred to be his name... 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    He is the one who should be leaving Twitter alone.

Look at his past career and it is quite clear he looks after number one - himself. Footballers are selfish and arrogant with few exceptions. It saddens me to count Lyle in with the majority.

I will be gutted when he leaves (and it is when imo) but can't be surprised. I agree with @JdCam that it would be great if more of the Wembley squad showed some gratitude and respect to LB and JJ for how much they have improved at CAFC. But dream on, sadly.
    If someone told me that they would double my salary doing the same job in a slightly more difficult the same environment, but for a better company that is showing ambition to grow, I'd be gone in seconds.

But then Lyle is 29 and I'm 31 we're at the perfect age to be considering how we can bank as much as we can in order to provide for our families and planning the next stage of our lives. 
    Is anyone else sick of seeing this ridiculous comparison between real everyday jobs and being a footballer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems unlikely we're going to offer Lyle a decent contract that he'll sign so a transfer would make sense for RD. If he goes will we get a replacement?

I'm surprised he's still here tbh.
  • Awwww his middle names. 
    I love the name Alfred. 
    A couple of kings as middle names.

Nice.

Just don't trust him with any cakes ...
  • Rizzo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Look at his past career and it is quite clear he looks after number one - himself. Footballers are selfish and arrogant with few exceptions. It saddens me to count Lyle in with the majority.

I will be gutted when he leaves (and it is when imo) but can't be surprised. I agree with @JdCam that it would be great if more of the Wembley squad showed some gratitude and respect to LB and JJ for how much they have improved at CAFC. But dream on, sadly.
    If someone told me that they would double my salary doing the same job in a slightly more difficult the same environment, but for a better company that is showing ambition to grow, I'd be gone in seconds.

But then Lyle is 29 and I'm 31 we're at the perfect age to be considering how we can bank as much as we can in order to provide for our families and planning the next stage of our lives. 
    Is anyone else sick of seeing this ridiculous comparison between real everyday jobs and being a footballer?
    Not as sick as I am of seeing people expecting a professional footballer to have the same feelings and sentiment about this club as a lifelong fan.
    I have no issue with players wanting to leave for more money as it's just life but the way that Lyle conducts himself on Twitter does wind me up a bit
  • quite a few stating that he hasn't trained all week - i think they get Wednesdays off usually 
    apparently brentford came in bid 3 mill 20k a week wage to lyle - charlton turned it down - lyle pissed that he didnt get that money ( which i fully understand ) but he must realise we cant get a replacement in in time. 

apparently his current wage is 6k a week do not know what his new contract is or why he hasn't signed it. 

best news would be an announcement he has signed a new contract - otherwise will be a grant type situation where he bags a few this side of xmas goes in jan and no one about or leaves on a free at end of season. 

offer him a contract a decent pay rise, and let him spend rest of his career becoming a legend/hero - seems the type of player that loves it here or is that all an act?

regarding twitter - get the fans annoyance, hes quite happy to rightfully callout racists and get into spats with sam quek. 

but when probably our best player is potentially leaving the club, lots of rumours in national papers and websites. there is nothing. 

• Fingers crossed. I have heard we offered 10k if we improve that by another 50% I think we'll clinch it. 

I have a feeling that unwritten promises have been broken by Dushitaface.
  • @Dazzler21

yep i would go with this 

currently on 6k raise that by 100% min - he signs 

if he refuses that ( don't suppose we will know what was offered ) and still wants to go brentford roland trousers 3 mill instead of nothing at end of season and we lose an irreplaceable ( at this stage ) striker. 

it would partially come down to lyle himself - cannot see him having the same love with fans as he does here. but money talks unfortunately. 

although even if say we offered 14k ( which i would say it about our ceiling ) and brentford 20k thats still a 312k pay diffrence the guy is 29 and probably has 3/4 years left at this level if that. 

and the above wages are cheap compared to some of the wages in championship this is a huge league now with wild salaries 

mitrovic - fulham 60k per week

• I doubt Lyle will get a decent deal at Charlton so if he doesn't go today I imagine we'll get rid of him in January. If there is a genuine £3m offer on the table I'm sure RD will take it?

RD won't play the going rate for contracts so a sale seems inevitable?
  • Sponsored links:

• also some of the crap on twitter - you are grown men ffs 
  • JaShea99 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I get that it's a bit daft at PL level (£250k a week v £150k a week etc), but when you're talking £1m a year for someone who has never been paid more than £300k ish a year, I think it's understandable.
  • If he has had his head turned then better off letting him go tbh. We have done quality for his career and he helped us majorily last year. 
  • cs1986 said:
    If he has had his head turned then better off letting him go tbh. We have done quality for his career and he helped us majorily last year. 
    We should certainly let him go in January, but not now. It'd cripple us up front. 

Bonne and Leko won't cut it!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Fingers crossed. I have heard we offered 10k if we improve that by another 50% I think we'll clinch it. 

I have a feeling that unwritten promises have been broken by Dushitaface.
    10k pw offered? He will accept 15k pw? No chance are we offering either of those figures in my opinion.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cs1986 said:
    If he has had his head turned then better off letting him go tbh. We have done quality for his career and he helped us majorily last year. 
    We should certainly let him go in January, but not now. It'd cripple us up front. 

I'm not sure that we have a choice. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cs1986 said:

I'm not sure that we have a choice. 
    Prepare for a swift return to L1 then! I know you're all very right that we have no choice... I just don't think we could lose someone that's been so vitally important for us.
  • I've resigned to losing him if I'm honest. I love him as a player and think he's our best striker since Benty but I just don't see Roland turning down a fee of 5 million or whatever it is, when has he ever really cared about doing something to keep us happy except keeping Bowyer? At the moment I'm not too bothered by it either, if he goes and it causes a decent enough chain reaction, i.e. protests ramp up and it forces Roland to go. Taylor going and CAFC being sold is a better scenario than Taylor staying and we have Roland for the foreseeable future. 

I reckon he goes and we get in one more loan and Taylor from Bristol City for a cheap fee
  • £3m is the fee that was first touted, not sure where £4m-5m has come from after we were offered £1.2m for Dijksteel then £1.8m? Surely it'd more likely be £3.25m then maybe £3.5m?
  • Didn't think this needed repeating but Poyet, Yann, Dijksteel and last seasons POTY All wanted to stay at Charlton IF they were paid a wage Commensurate with their abillities.

Yann and Taylor as top scorers wanted/ should be the biggest earners at Cafc.
    Yann even got KM to use the hotline to Duchatelet to say if he could extend his
    contract by one more year he will accept 1k more: wages were higher then at Cafc and Millwall and Yann would of accepted being 4k behind the Spanners main striker at the time.( Check it out)

Seems common knowledge that both Poyet and Dijksteel were still on low wages
    (football wise) and the offers to them were dirisory by Duchatelet.

To say the old chestnut that if Lyle doesn't want to play for Cafc let him go is simplistic and doesn't take in to account the way Duchatelet engineers all of the above.

Think about it guys ?

Ps. I'm obviously taking about Poyet after his 20 odd games as a water carrier when he was voted POTY and not later when the wheels came off his career.

100% right - its RD not paying the going rate that is the issue and I've heard what went on yesterday and I don't see it as being unsolvable today at all. I'm sure LT wants to stay and LB wants him to stay - the only person to blame if he doesn't is RD and his ridiculous budget.