Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    We play Cambridge in mid-April. He'll bloody go and score as will Bonne knowing our luck. Taylor got 2 at the weekend.  :/
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Brace for Lyle Taylor vs Shrewsbury.
    Let's see at the end of the season. ATM he looks a good "free" acquisition for Cambridge.
    Unfortunately we need goals and missed the opportunity to get him, and look like we are headed for  a lower division. I hope Ladapo /Aneke can do it for us, who knows at the moment.

Ladapo is a dud and Aneke is never fit 
    Such a dud...

What he’s done in the past interests me very little at this stage .  Nicky Ajose and Lee Novak should have taken us up that season, on previous form 
  • Options
    Could be the only Player who gets us relegated twice without kicking a ball. Once for leaving us. The other for failing to resign him when he could score the goals to keep us up.

Both goals yesterday, were strikers instinct. Something we currently lack except in May.
    I would like to apologise for relegating us (we're already down) by not training throughout my childhood to be a professional footballer, playing for Charlton as a striker and scoring a bunch of goals this season aged nearly 37
  • Options
    If you know a man that can do a job to get you out of a fix, no, worse than that, a really difficult situation then I would consider them very seriously and try to not let emotion cloud your judgement.

-----------

The issue with the above KingKinsella, is that is what Scott did when appointing Apples manager.  Whatever his merits, and he has had success at our level, he was never the right fit for us as the fans had already made up their mind so he was always going to come unstuck at the first sticky patch.

Lyle Taylor could go on to score 15 goals for Cambridge before the end of the season and he still would not have been the right fit as , like it or not, the crowd would have hated him from the very start.

At a time when our squad needed to come together and have a siege mentality and the fans need to be part of that you don't bring in Lyle Taylor imo.
    They would have hated him until after the third goal, then attitudes would change. An if he scored 15 most would forgive, if not forget. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Brace for Lyle Taylor vs Shrewsbury.
    Let's see at the end of the season. ATM he looks a good "free" acquisition for Cambridge.
    Unfortunately we need goals and missed the opportunity to get him, and look like we are headed for  a lower division. I hope Ladapo /Aneke can do it for us, who knows at the moment.

Ladapo is a dud and Aneke is never fit 
    Such a dud...

What he’s done in the past interests me very little at this stage .  Nicky Ajose and Lee Novak should have taken us up that season, on previous form 
    I would say the fact that he has consistently scored 1 in 3 at this level (unlike Novak and Ajose) would suggest it’s a Charlton problem and not a Lapado one.
    Logic and law of averages says that .  Or he might have just lost it.  Playing in this horrific system that has no width and no creativity doesn’t help , I agree 
  • Options
    edited February 6
    Cambridge 1 - 0 Charlton 
    (Taylor 90+11, Assist: Bonne)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you know a man that can do a job to get you out of a fix, no, worse than that, a really difficult situation then I would consider them very seriously and try to not let emotion cloud your judgement.

-----------

The issue with the above KingKinsella, is that is what Scott did when appointing Apples manager.  Whatever his merits, and he has had success at our level, he was never the right fit for us as the fans had already made up their mind so he was always going to come unstuck at the first sticky patch.

Lyle Taylor could go on to score 15 goals for Cambridge before the end of the season and he still would not have been the right fit as , like it or not, the crowd would have hated him from the very start.

At a time when our squad needed to come together and have a siege mentality and the fans need to be part of that you don't bring in Lyle Taylor imo.
    They would have hated him until after the third goal, then attitudes would change. An if he scored 15 most would forgive, if not forget. 
    Never in a million years
  • Options
    Chunes said:

-----------

I'm getting pretty sick of modern football and signing him back because it's "a business decision" might have been the final straw. Goals don't even come into the equation. 
    Football has been f***** for years.

I blame Sky.
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Anytime goal from Lyle for Cambridge v Cheltenham, 3/1 on willhill right now. 20/1 for 2 or more. Have piled on. Chance for the big man to pay us back a little with odds like that. His hunger for goals has returned. Playing alongside Bonne too- roughly same prices. Both good value.  That is a dream front line, especially in this division. 
  • Options
    Anytime goal from Lyle for Cambridge v Cheltenham, 3/1 on willhill right now. 20/1 for 2 or more. Have piled on. Chance for the big man to pay us back a little with odds like that. His hunger for goals has returned. Playing alongside Bonne too- roughly same prices. Both good value.  That is a dream front line, especially in this division. 
    He's on the bench mate 
  • Options
    Ah poo
  • Options
    Ah poo
    Lol not really mate 😉
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Lyle starts, Bonne the bench. Begrudging polite lol for Gribbo ;)
  • Options

-----------

I wouldn't.

There is something could integrity. Lyle Taylor doesn't have it. I'd rather get relegated without him than have signed him & stayed up. 

We might well still be in the Championship if he had seen out his contract in 2020. Not even saying he had to play on through July, just play until the end of June, like 99.99% of his fellow professionals did. 
    Didn’t Solly refuse as well 2 out of 24 isn’t 0.01% ? 
  • Options

-----------

I wouldn't.

There is something could integrity. Lyle Taylor doesn't have it. I'd rather get relegated without him than have signed him & stayed up. 

We might well still be in the Championship if he had seen out his contract in 2020. Not even saying he had to play on through July, just play until the end of June, like 99.99% of his fellow professionals did. 
    Didn’t Solly refuse as well 2 out of 24 isn’t 0.01% ? 
    I'm talking about the professional leagues. 92 clubs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know who I’d rather have up front out of Taylor and Ladupo 
  • Options
    Taylor scores! Dam -wrong team
  • Options
    Portsmouth away tomorrow night; 40/1 to score 2 or more; 70/1 to get the winner in a 1-0 away win. Worth a few pennies at these odds and before the bookies get wise.
  • Options
    Portsmouth away tomorrow night; 40/1 to score 2 or more; 70/1 to get the winner in a 1-0 away win. Worth a few pennies at these odds and before the bookies get wise.

• Options
    clb74 said:

Even better. Slightly more realistic though too tbh! My odds were taken from William hill. Tight bstards
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Even better. Slightly more realistic though too tbh! My odds were taken from William hill. Tight bstards
    This scorecast wasn't on there.
    But I always check on oddschecker for bets.

• Options
    66/1 for 2 goals
  • Options
    Taylor- assist at the w/e -one of those crosses that just beg to be put in.Also nice backheel in build up for 1st goal
  • Options
    Taylor- assist at the w/e -one of those crosses that just beg to be put in.Also nice backheel in build up for 1st goal
    Bro, you are obsessed with this guy. Do you fancy him or something?
  • Options
    edited February 19