Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Is the other thread about Mr Taylor currently unavailable while being cleaned up?
  • Options
    Is the other thread about Mr Taylor currently unavailable while being cleaned up?
    Was wondering where that went. 

• Options
    Lent the the “Other “ Lyle Taylor thread to the “Other” forum. As usual ours was far better read….
  • Options
    He's winning hearts and minds again I see.  ;)
  • Options
    Probably been told there’s no contract for him next season so letting his true colours show.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back at Wimbledon next season and they’d only want him back for sentimental reasons only.
  • Options
    Probably been told there’s no contract for him next season so letting his true colours show.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back at Wimbledon next season and they’d only want him back for sentimental reasons only.
    Would Jackson want him though? - Although saying that Bowyer took him at Birmingham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My guess, off to Gillingham, Pay as you Play. 
    Then off to do coaching badges. 
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:
    He’s going to wake up one day and realise he’s wasted his career. He’s the opposite of Bonne in many ways. I’m astonished Bonne has made a career as a professional footballer despite having no real talent or attributes. Taylor has wasted the talent and attributes he has and not achieved nearly as much as he could of. 
    Has he wasted it?  Realistically he was a bit of a journeyman player who had a great spell with us and then went off and earned a couple of million at Nottingham Forest meaning he probably doesn't need to work again for a while.
    BUT he's opinionated and pretty erudite so I fully expect him to be on Talksport in the future winding people up and generating calls and income for them.
    If all he wanted from football was money, then you'd have to say he didn't waste his career.

I'm sure some footballers want a little bit more than that. Like to be remembered with at least an ounce of fondness. And you can have both, just don't be a snake. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:
    He’s going to wake up one day and realise he’s wasted his career. He’s the opposite of Bonne in many ways. I’m astonished Bonne has made a career as a professional footballer despite having no real talent or attributes. Taylor has wasted the talent and attributes he has and not achieved nearly as much as he could of. 
    Has he wasted it?  Realistically he was a bit of a journeyman player who had a great spell with us and then went off and earned a couple of million at Nottingham Forest meaning he probably doesn't need to work again for a while.
    BUT he's opinionated and pretty erudite so I fully expect him to be on Talksport in the future winding people up and generating calls and income for them.
    If all he wanted from football was money, then you'd have to say he didn't waste his career.

I'm sure some footballers want a little bit more than that. Like to be remembered with at least an ounce of fondness.
    I think that's a more philosophical question though ? it's about ability though IMO, If iwas a league 1 player i would constantly be looking for the best deal as the fans wont pay my kids needs 10 years after i retire. However if i was premier league player i can afford the luxury of being revered.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:

I'm sure some footballers want a little bit more than that. Like to be remembered with at least an ounce of fondness.
    I think that's a more philosophical question though ? it's about ability though IMO, If iwas a league 1 player i would constantly be looking for the best deal as the fans wont pay my kids needs 10 years after i retire. However if i was premier league player i can afford the luxury of being revered.
    Being remembered with an ounce of fondness is a luxury...? Can't agree with that. We've had plenty of players move on to better pastures who would be welcomed back on Charlton TV for instance. All you have to do is not be a snake. 
    100% its a luxury, if he did break his leg in the matches after Covid and never played again were you going to feed his kids ? I doubt it. I understand why he did what he did but that doesn't mean I like. Lyle Taylor (just like Chris Solly, yet he seems to get a pass. I know he wasnt playing but its still the same principle) did what was right for Lyle Taylor and if i was in his position and I played for a team (or worked for a company) I didnt care about id do the same and so would 99% of people here for a life changing move, id also understand why fans (or people who worked for that business who think i left them in the lurch)  would dislike me but id have to take it on the chin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:

Being remembered with an ounce of fondness is a luxury...? Can't agree with that. We've had plenty of players move on to better pastures who would be welcomed back on Charlton TV for instance. All you have to do is not be a snake. 
    100% its a luxury, if he did break his leg in the matches after Covid and never played again were you going to feed his kids ? I doubt it. I understand why he did what he did but that doesn't mean I like. Lyle Taylor (just like Chris Solly, yet he seems to get a pass. I know he wasnt playing but its still the same principle) did what was right for Lyle Taylor and if i was in his position and I played for a team (or worked for a company) I didnt care about id do the same and so would 99% of people here for a life changing move, id also understand why fans (or people who worked for that business who think i left them in the lurch)  would dislike me but id have to take it on the chin.
    Solly gets a pass because he gave us many years, he wasn't a match winner, he wasn't playing regularly at the time and he had been told he wasn't getting renewed.  Very different scenario from Lyle
    Sure that's why Solly gets a pass. Lyle Taylor fired us to the championship then turned his back on us, we don't like him because of it but I don't understand why people cant understand why did it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:

Solly gets a pass because he gave us many years, he wasn't a match winner, he wasn't playing regularly at the time and he had been told he wasn't getting renewed.  Very different scenario from Lyle
    Sure that's why Solly gets a pass. Lyle Taylor fired us to the championship then turned his back on us, we don't like him because of it but I don't understand why people cant understand why did it.

I can understand them not playing the games after their contracts were up but the cockroaches refused to play games they were contracted for 
    Yesh it doesn't sit right with me but i understand why they did it and frankly most of us would do the same in that position, it was a weird unique position.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:

I can understand them not playing the games after their contracts were up but the cockroaches refused to play games they were contracted for 
    We were in unorecedented waters and nobody knew how it was going to pan out.  Solly had been told he was surplus to requirements.  If your employer told you that would you honestly have given 100% as we went into Covid.  Solly had a very young family at the time so why should he risk anything.

• Options
    edited April 24
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:

We were in unorecedented waters and nobody knew how it was going to pan out.  Solly had been told he was surplus to requirements.  If your employer told you that would you honestly have given 100% as we went into Covid.  Solly had a very young family at the time so why should he risk anything.

No difference to Taylor then ? He had a family, why should he risk it ? he knew he wasn't going to be here next year. He knew we werent going to match the offers from other teams. As said I think we all know why Solly gets a pass and Taylor doesn't if we are all honest, Solly is seen as one of the good ol boys and "one of us". 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:

What’s having a young family got to do with the price of fish?

both used the unique circumstances to be selfish dicks and in turn say fuck you to the club and the fans
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    se9addick said:

People understand why. People also understand that it was wrong