Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• but would you have paid my mortgage and given me the money should I have got injured in those matches before my move to Forest ? sorry I mean would you have paid Lyle.

All this said it happened, i understand why he did what he did but it doesnt sit well with me and he has burnt his bridges why he still cares is beyond me. However Solly also refused to play when it made even less sense for him and is welcomed back with open arms, i think we all know why.
    Go on then, why was Solly welcomed back but not the snake ? Please enlighten us. 

Blokes a prick and proved it many times over.
  • Oxygen thief
  • but would you have paid my mortgage and given me the money should I have got injured in those matches before my move to Forest ? sorry I mean would you have paid Lyle.

All this said it happened, i understand why he did what he did but it doesnt sit well with me and he has burnt his bridges why he still cares is beyond me. However Solly also refused to play when it made even less sense for him and is welcomed back with open arms, i think we all know why.
    Yes, because one was a squad player who had been told he wasn’t needed next season and would have played exactly one match as a rotation option to rest the preferred right back. Instead a different academy player filled that role and did fine. The other was absolutely our best player and talisman, and our only chance of getting the goals we needed to stay up. We didn’t and we’ve not got back up since. Let’s not pretend the two situations had anything like the same effect 
    But the point is still valid there was still no reason for Solly to refuse to play but he did it anyway, he wasnt going on to a life changing move like I was (sorry, Lyle was), Also Lyle wasn't our best player that season, our season went down hill when Gallagher left for me as we lacked any tenacity in midfields but thats bar the point as im not defending Taylor. Let’s not pretend we cant see the other reason why Solly is welcomed back as "one of own" when he was our club captain that refused to play.
    Gallagher didn’t play for us anymore. Lyle did. Similarly prime Scott Parker would have been our best player by your logic but he too no longer played for us. Lyle was our best player of people who actually played for us, I don’t feel like that should really need explaining. I can speak for myself when I say that what I was and remain upset about is that we needed Taylor to stay up, he refused to play and we didn’t. Solly would have contributed exactly zero to us staying up unless he’d scored a last minute worldie against Cardiff to add to his 3 goals in 300 appearances. You can invent whatever secret reason you like for why they’re treated differently but it isn’t going to change reality. 
    Its not a secret reason we all know why but feel free to live in denial. Our club captain who had no reason to decided to refuse to be available then when it's convenient he decides to return but he is welcomed back with open arms. Taylor aside and we don't need to discuss that anymore as we all know what happened there, Solly has never explained why he refused to be available and the decent thing even if he wasn't going to play would be to say I'm here if you need me.

Btw im not saying anyone should forgive Taylor but you should keep the same energy for ALL the players who refused to play.

It just shames as all when people just refuse to see the REAL difference between the two. 
  • shine166 said:
    but would you have paid my mortgage and given me the money should I have got injured in those matches before my move to Forest ? sorry I mean would you have paid Lyle.

Go on then, why was Solly welcomed back but not the snake ? Please enlighten us. 

Blokes a prick and proved it many times over.
    Agreed Taylor is and has proved time after time, clearly upsets everyone where he goes and IMHO was very fortune to have the career he did for a fairly average player bar two good spells at Wimbleodn and us (hence why i dont buy the narrative we stay up if he played but yes we would have had a better chance). We all know why Solly is treated differently even though he was our club captain who refused to be available lets not act naive.
  • shine166 said:
    but would you have paid my mortgage and given me the money should I have got injured in those matches before my move to Forest ? sorry I mean would you have paid Lyle.

Yes, because one was a squad player who had been told he wasn’t needed next season and would have played exactly one match as a rotation option to rest the preferred right back. Instead a different academy player filled that role and did fine. The other was absolutely our best player and talisman, and our only chance of getting the goals we needed to stay up. We didn’t and we’ve not got back up since. Let’s not pretend the two situations had anything like the same effect 
    But the point is still valid there was still no reason for Solly to refuse to play but he did it anyway, he wasnt going on to a life changing move like I was (sorry, Lyle was), Also Lyle wasn't our best player that season, our season went down hill when Gallagher left for me as we lacked any tenacity in midfields but thats bar the point as im not defending Taylor. Let’s not pretend we cant see the other reason why Solly is welcomed back as "one of own" when he was our club captain that refused to play.
    Gallagher didn’t play for us anymore. Lyle did. Similarly prime Scott Parker would have been our best player by your logic but he too no longer played for us. Lyle was our best player of people who actually played for us, I don’t feel like that should really need explaining. I can speak for myself when I say that what I was and remain upset about is that we needed Taylor to stay up, he refused to play and we didn’t. Solly would have contributed exactly zero to us staying up unless he’d scored a last minute worldie against Cardiff to add to his 3 goals in 300 appearances. You can invent whatever secret reason you like for why they’re treated differently but it isn’t going to change reality. 
    Its not a secret reason we all know why but feel free to live in denial. Our club captain who had no reason to decided to refuse to be available then when it's convenient he decides to return but he is welcomed back with open arms. Taylor aside and we don't need to discuss that anymore as we all know what happened there, Solly has never explained why he refused to be available and the decent thing even if he wasn't going to play would be to say I'm here if you need me.

Btw im not saying anyone should forgive Taylor but you should keep the same energy for ALL the players who refused to play.

It just shames as all when people just refuse to see the REAL difference between the two. 
    You mean the fact that one was the star palyer and the other couldnt get a game ? Or are you trying to suggest something else ? You can vocalise it rather than fannying around the point.
    Ignoring the fact that one was our club captain and refused to be available ? how does that sit with you ?

What do you think im suggesting ?
  • robroy said:

Solly did not take the piss by trolling us when he went to his new team. Taylor posted "First day at big school" after we had been relegated, he knew what he was doing posting it. 

He is a top class grade A c*nt! Simple as that. 
    Good points but point still stands that Solly who owed his career in many ways to us, was our club captain and then refused to be available for the remainder of his contract. Taylor being all that has been said here is true and dont get why he still feels a need to justify it all these years later.
  • Solly seems to have been welcome enough to return a few years after the fact including by people who were colleagues/team-mates at the time. So whatever his reasons, the matter appears "concluded" and everyone personally involved has moved on, whether you like that or not.

Taylor has very clearly NOT moved on and would most likely receive a much less warm reception.
  • shine166 said:

You mean the fact that one was the star palyer and the other couldnt get a game ? Or are you trying to suggest something else ? You can vocalise it rather than fannying around the point.
    Ignoring the fact that one was our club captain and refused to be available ? how does that sit with you ?

Solly not playing, made just about as much difference to us staying up, as the chief burger flipper deciding they were not available to play.

Have some balls and use you words, but then again even your profile is locked so that says everything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Solly not playing, made just about as much difference to us staying up, as the chief burger flipper deciding they were not available to play.

Have some balls and use you words, but then again even your profile is locked so that says everything. 
    Lol ok my profile being locked says everything does it, what im suggesting has clearly upset you ? i dont know why.

Ive already said it loads but ill repeat it.

If words make you brave why dont you come out and say what you think im suggesting. I think Solly gets a much easier time as the fans see him as "one of our own" even though he was our club captain who refused to play.

Now repeat that back to me so i know you understood it.
  • thenewbie said:
    Solly seems to have been welcome enough to return a few years after the fact including by people who were colleagues/team-mates at the time. So whatever his reasons, the matter appears "concluded" and everyone personally involved has moved on, whether you like that or not.

Taylor has very clearly NOT moved on and would most likely receive a much less warm reception.
    Out of interest has he ever played against us since he left ?
  • edited August 21
  • Certainly removes a bit of the tarnishing. 
  • To interject on the Solly stuff as the narrative has gone too far down a certain path on that one not to be corrected - he did offer to be available for the remainder of his contract, but was told no thanks. 
    Therein lies the difference. 
    You mean charlton fans are not all racist ? 
  • As has been stated, the reason that people were less bothered about Solly than Taylor was because Solly didn't have the potential to save us from relegation that Taylor did. For the same reaon, people weren't bothered about the forgotten man in this converation, David Davis, refusing to play. If anything, I think Solly got more stick because he was club captain and because of his history with the club than he would've done if he'd just been any old mediocre reserve right-back (which is sadly what he'd become by that point).
  • shine166 said:
    To interject on the Solly stuff as the narrative has gone too far down a certain path on that one not to be corrected - he did offer to be available for the remainder of his contract, but was told no thanks. 
    Who said racist ?
  • Sponsored links:

• To interject on the Solly stuff as the narrative has gone too far down a certain path on that one not to be corrected - he did offer to be available for the remainder of his contract, but was told no thanks. 
    Hope thats true and if it is hands up i apologise, however i remember Bowyer confirming he refused though could be wrong ?
    Thanks. Never knew that. 
  • shine166 said:
    To interject on the Solly stuff as the narrative has gone too far down a certain path on that one not to be corrected - he did offer to be available for the remainder of his contract, but was told no thanks. 
    Who said racist ?
    If youre a child, not long until youre back at school. If youre of adult age, you need a hobby or a hug.

I genuinely don’t know what reason you are alluding to. Please clarify for me 

Six inches according to wiki
  • How many years does an ex-player need to have been gone before we stop talking about them. Just asking 🤔