Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Engineering his way out of here 
  • I was there with my son. Would say there were probably 50 odd people around 6.15 waiting for autographs.

I didn’t see actual incident as Jonny Williams appeared at same time from players area but we had seen Lyle chatting to someone in main reception and I believe these people got bored of waiting and tried to push through and break up the chat

Don’t think it was the same people who called him a tart, that was a fella at the south stand once he got into his motor.

• I don’t understand why we don’t give Lyle the contract he wants. Yes it will cost us money but if he leaves we will get £Xm, if he stays and I hope he does he will be happy. If we don’t give him a contract he will walk as a free agent and we get nowt. So what is the problem??

and the dipsticks who went to his house should be banned. 
  • After tonights incident which based on his tweets sounded like someone actually went to his house, he has now deleted his twitter account
  • After tonights incident which based on his tweets sounded like someone actually went to his house, he has now deleted his twitter account
    Think its wise of him for a while

Social Media brings out the twats in life at times
    Probably hidden. 
  • This is all gonna end in tears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why are our some of our fans being able to find a players address? Why follow him home?

Who has the time for that?

Its embaressing. He is just a Charlton player. I hope it was just fans below the age of 15 and they just wanted to meet one of our players.

If not, grow up! Quickly!

A conflict has now occured.

I think he comes across as opinionated and broadly honest on twitter but he has a right to. 

That kind of style is not my cup of tea and I don't think it helps much but he can do what he wants in that sense.

Roland's probably jotted this down in preperation for a January Taylor departure talksport rant. 
  • Not hard to find out where a player lives. Back in the day my parents lived in Wilmington & often saw Dean Kiely coming & going into his house along the Birchwoood Rd. I expect Taylors neighbours know who he is......one might work with a Charlton fan & tells him.

As for the other stuff. Some fans are idiots & some are star struck. I couldn't imagine hanging around outside the West Stand until 6 15 just to get an autograph....but each to their own. What is unacceptable is verbally abusing a player when they are taking their time to interact with the fans. Might be a good idea that he takes a rest from SM but I doubt it will be for long. He is doing his pink hair month in October so I'm sure he'll be promoting that nearer the time. 
  • The Tart comment was grouped into one tweet with the home incident I believe.

Seems we have some proper wronguns in our supporter base.

Fortunately it's about 2%

• I think it's unacceptable to hang around outside a blokes house that you don't know personally....but you are looking to get their attention and draw them out.

It's worse then what it sounds and I consider it to be a inconsiderate invasion of privacy.

There is nothing wrong with getting an autograph and doing meet and greets but of course it has a more of a specific time and place, like outside the valley, for example.

"Tart" is a stupid but also strange dig towards a 29 year old male professional footballer.

It's so stupid and random that I'd assume it would be easier to just ignore.

I wasn't there though so I don't know if it had an unnecessary aggressive provoking tone to it.
  • ∆ That post there, what that says.
  • Why did his shirt in the second half not have a number or name?  
    Kept thinking ref would pick that up. Knowing our luck, disallowing it when he scored - but we'd have needed to get the ball into their penalty area to do that!!
  • Just get off the fellas case. People dismissing his reaction as pathetic with no knowledge of what happened , calling him attention seeking etc. He’s an effing top notch player who is playing out of his skin every week and worked his nuts off again for us today. He’s behaving like a model pro even if he does want to leave. He posts a lot on social media but most of it is positive stuff, and we’ve seen very clearly people getting stuck into him on it close to the deadline.

People need to get a grip. Enjoy his positive posts about the games and thanking for support etc and just leave it at that. If he stops performing or working hard and behaving professionally on the pitch, criticise him, otherwise just let the bloke get on with it
    I do agree with a lot of this post tbf. Just a few beers deep and can’t be bothered with our players, especially our good ones, trying to make big statements by deleting social media’s because of two supposed fans. When in reality 99.9% of us are just trying to enjoy s Saturday night where Charlton have won again and are 2nd in championship, whether lyle is to blame for being a bit of an attention seeker or the two idiot fans, it’s just a bit of a tiresome situation. Bare in mind my above post was probs a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the situation ! :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree @NomadicAddick. Also a few beers and lovely espresso martini in!
    Kept thinking ref would pick that up. Knowing our luck, disallowing it when he scored - but we'd have needed to get the ball into their penalty area to do that!!
    Happens all the time, if a shirt has blood on it or gets ripped and a replacement is needed it normally doesnt have a name or number
  • Just get off the fellas case. People dismissing his reaction as pathetic with no knowledge of what happened , calling him attention seeking etc. He’s an effing top notch player who is playing out of his skin every week and worked his nuts off again for us today. He’s behaving like a model pro even if he does want to leave. He posts a lot on social media but most of it is positive stuff, and we’ve seen very clearly people getting stuck into him on it close to the deadline.

People need to get a grip. Enjoy his positive posts about the games and thanking for support etc and just leave it at that. If he stops performing or working hard and behaving professionally on the pitch, criticise him, otherwise just let the bloke get on with it
    I do agree with a lot of this post tbf. Just a few beers deep and can’t be bothered with our players, especially our good ones, trying to make big statements by deleting social media’s because of two supposed fans. When in reality 99.9% of us are just trying to enjoy s Saturday night where Charlton have won again and are 2nd in championship, whether lyle is to blame for being a bit of an attention seeker or the two idiot fans, it’s just a bit of a tiresome situation. Bare in mind my above post was probs a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the situation ! :) 
    Who says he's trying to make a big statement though? Maybe he just wants a bit of peace from all the notifications, and to save himself from the temptation to argue the toss with people when he and they have had a few beers. Better to disable his account(s) for a bit, than going off on one and getting a disrepute charge.
  • Rossman92 said:
    As much as we all love Lyle as a player, I think people forget sometimes that footballers are actual people too. He just wants to be respected and sometimes he just wants to be treated like normal. Can't fault him for deleting Twitter, think he just wants to take a step back from all the love the fans give him. While it's great to see, I think he just wants some time to himself 
    I would argue especially relevant to Lyle. 
    He's been on record many times saying he views football as a career and nothing more.
    I expect outside of "work hours" he doesn't want to be bothered. 
  • Brentford have signed Nikos Karelis. Maybe no need for them to come in for Lyle in January now?
    Noticed their manager went over to speak to Lyle after the game.