Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Could be a potential curve ball, shame it sounded like he was going to be back for it :( As long as he doesn't rush back and we don't sell him in January I am happy lol
  • shine166 said:
    After the international break please, absolutely pointless rushing this. 
    Agree.  It's a shame but the Millwall game is just a week too soon. No football for 2 weeks after that so he can come back properly fit after the International break.  No point rushing him back for THAT game & he gets clobbered & is out for another 2 months. The season is more important than 1 game. 
  • edited November 2019
    Was hoping he would get 10 mins off the bench Sunday and then be able to maybe do 20/30 against Millwall. Seems like that was the plan but now hes had a setback it wont happen. Unless Bow is playing silly buggers with it all! Which he has done before.
  • Its a shame for Lyle with Montserrat too

Wins against El Salvador and Saint Lucia (the latter will be possible anyway) would have seen them Qualify automatically for the 2021 Gold Cup

They can still get second and enter another Qualification round but isnt the point

Wins against El Salvador and Saint Lucia (the latter will be possible anyway) would have seen them Qualify automatically for the 2021 Gold Cup

They can still get second and enter another Qualification round but isnt the point

He was injured on international duty, fuck em! Hope they don't still call him up and chuck him in the deep end
  • edited November 2019
    mendonca said:
    No chance...you don't come back from a ligament tear, a bit of training, into a grudge match with rough tackles on somebody you know has a weakness?! In my opinion, we need a wider outlook to the season than the Smallwall game. 
    I've thought all along I don't want him back for Millwall.
    It's a pretty good bet that one of their's would smash his knee at the first opportunity.

He was injured on international duty, fuck em! Hope they don't still call him up and chuck him in the deep end
    You know it wasnt Montserrat's fault dont you?

He injured himself when passing the ball so could easily have happened back @ Sparrows Lane
  • edited November 2019
    Its a shame for Lyle with Montserrat too

A shame for him of course, but i'm almost kind of relieved. If he'd got himself fit for Millwall, he'd still be nowhere near 100% and then Montserrat would probably call him up and expect him to travel.

Now he can just concentrate on getting himself fit, perhaps feature in a reserve game and then be ready for Cardiff as then we have 3 games in a week.

He injured himself when passing the ball so could easily have happened back @ Sparrows Lane
    I'm not sure training and actually matches take place at the same pace, add in the 4g pitch and it's a recipe for disaster, imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bonne hat trick at Millwall #confirmed
  • edited November 2019
    Its a shame for Lyle with Montserrat too

I'm not sure training and actually matches take place at the same pace, add in the 4g pitch and it's a recipe for disaster, imo.
    But it was during training for Montserrat, not a match

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-charlton-striker-lyle-taylor-on-why-montserrat-fa-deserve-no-blame-for-his-knee-injury-his-latest-fundraising-push-for-cancer-research-uk/

“It’s frustrating,” said Taylor. “When it eventually came out [that he was injured] a lot was said about how I had done this playing for Montserrat

but it had nothing to do with playing for Montserrat; I passed the ball and my knee went"
  • Doesnt say it was during training, either way, no one should be blaming Montserrat, he has every right to proudly represent them.
  • Do we really need to rewind 2/3 months and go over the same old debate. Very negative. 
  • mendonca said:
    No chance...you don't come back from a ligament tear, a bit of training, into a grudge match with rough tackles on somebody you know has a weakness?! In my opinion, we need a wider outlook to the season than the Smallwall game. 
    Agreed, if it definitely safe to include him great. If there's an above average risk element though, think bigger picture and wait until he is properly ready.
  • mendonca said:
    Do we really need to rewind 2/3 months and go over the same old debate. Very negative. 

This, I was making a light hearted joke. Calm yourself down @foreveraddickted
  • mendonca said:
    Do we really need to rewind 2/3 months and go over the same old debate. Very negative. 

This, I was making a light hearted joke. Calm yourself down @foreveraddickted
    I consider myself "Whooshed" :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• If he wants a future career in TV punditry (which he clearly does) he would be well advised from putting out his political views on Twitter or any other social media. 
  • Davo55 said:
    If he wants a future career in TV punditry (which he clearly does) he would be well advised from putting out his political views on Twitter or any other social media. 
    Hasn't done Lineker any harm...
  • He is suchhhhhh a prat on twitter lol. Loves to dish it out but cannot take it at all. 

Massively condescending with his politics comments too. OK mate you earn more money then the rest of us and you’re a Tory. No issue. Not the philosophy I would quite take in his situation but whatever, just don’t be so aggressive with it on twitter for Christ sake. 
    To be fair his tweet on Corbyn's tax policy on billionaires doesn't make him a Tory. It's never been Labour policy before now either
    And is proven to bring in less tax revenue not more. So its actually fair to criticise the policy.

Sorry I know were not supposed to chat politics here
  • He is suchhhhhh a prat on twitter lol. Loves to dish it out but cannot take it at all. 

Massively condescending with his politics comments too. OK mate you earn more money then the rest of us and you’re a Tory. No issue. Not the philosophy I would quite take in his situation but whatever, just don’t be so aggressive with it on twitter for Christ sake. 
    To be fair his tweet on Corbyn's tax policy on billionaires doesn't make him a Tory. It's never been Labour policy before now either

Yeah fair point but if I was a betting man I wouldn’t say he is a Green Party member :-)

Also agree with the above post about him coming across well in interviews. One of my friends works for cancer research and met him and Tracy before the Derby game and said he was a really nice bloke. 

Just a shame he comes across like an arse on twitter at times! 
  • Is it him on Twitter or his rep/brother?

And is proven to bring in less tax revenue not more. So its actually fair to criticise the policy.

Sorry I know were not supposed to chat politics here
    I don't think we are supposed to talk nonsense on here either, lad.
  • He suffers from thinking he's much cleverer than he is as he's surrounded by brainless footballers most the time 
  • edited November 2019
    Should he be re-educated?