Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Hope not, but wouldn't be surprised if he does go, this is probably his last chance to get a big contract as he's 30 in March.
  • Seen him linked with both West Brom and Rangers today. 
  • He’s started following our new owner on Instagram 
  • edited December 2019
    Also seen Swansea, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest mentioned. He's going to have his pick of clubs and we're going to have to make him a very good offer to convince him to stay, unfortunately.
  • His injury may help us keep him till the summer at the very least.

I doubt we will sell him for to little even if he doesnt sign a contract and a club wont wamt to pay over the top for him as he is just coming back from 2 months out and will be free in the summer.

My guess is he will either sign a contract for us or walk for free in the summer
  • 3 year deal done.
  • His injury may help us keep him till the summer at the very least.

I doubt we will sell him for to little even if he doesnt sign a contract and a club wont wamt to pay over the top for him as he is just coming back from 2 months out and will be free in the summer.

My guess is he will either sign a contract for us or walk for free in the summer
    You mean the 2 options he has?
  • 3 year deal done.
    With us or someone else....??
  • what were the Bowyer comments that people say were guarded about Taylor?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    His injury may help us keep him till the summer at the very least.

You mean the 2 options he has?
    Well no there is a 3rd option that we sell him in jan, which I am saying I dont think we will do
  • If the offers start coming in and he is offered big money elsewhere,then let him go early,as this will give us time to sign replacements.The last thing we need is a him going on deadline day with nothing else in place.
  • he is 30 years old and recovering from an injury, if a reasonable offer came in why not accept it use the proceeds plus a bit more to buy a younger striker.
    Don't ask me what is a reasonable offer or who a younger striker is because I don't know!
  • he is 30 years old and recovering from an injury, if a reasonable offer came in why not accept it use the proceeds plus a bit more to buy a younger striker.
    Don't ask me what is a reasonable offer or who a younger striker is because I don't know!
    While that’s true, Taylor is more than just a striker to us. He invigorates the fans and inspires his colleagues on/off the pitch.

I’d rather ignore the reasonable offer - same with you I have no idea what that would be - and get him signed up for couple more years. 

• His 1st match was 45 minutes, 2nd 20 minutes, 3rd 10 minutes. Seems bizarre. I'd have hoped QPR, a fortnight after his return, he would play first hour. Seems unlikely.
  • His 1st match was 45 minutes, 2nd 20 minutes, 3rd 10 minutes. Seems bizarre. I'd have hoped QPR, a fortnight after his return, he would play first hour. Seems unlikely.
    Dont forget all three games have been within the single week

Hasnt allowed much recovery time between each for him
  • edited December 2019
    His 1st match was 45 minutes, 2nd 20 minutes, 3rd 10 minutes. Seems bizarre. I'd have hoped QPR, a fortnight after his return, he would play first hour. Seems unlikely.
    Dont forget all three games have been within the single week

Hasnt allowed much recovery time between each for him
    The scorelines were also different in each of those games - losing, drawing, winning.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 year deal done.
    Is it " Oven Ready " ?
    1st game we were losing so we needed to chase the game. 
    2nd game we were drawing so no need to put him on so early.
    3rd game we were winning so even less need to get him on early.

Ease him back gently. 
    Ah but what would be a reasonable offer and who might the replacement younger striker be?
    I thought Bowyer said on fri evening that Taylor will start against QPR & Williams hopefully on the bench. 
  • edited December 2019
    Phillips
    Matthews
    Lockyer
    Sarr
    Doughty
    Pratley
    Morgan
    Gallagher
    Leko
    Bonne
    Taylor

Doughty at fb because we need some pace to counter Eze who is Aribo on speed. He needs to be channelled down the outside.
  • Phillips
    Matthews
    Lockyer
    Sarr
    Doughty
    Pratley
    Morgan
    Gallagher
    Leko
    Bonne
    Taylor

Doughty at fb because we need some pace to counter Eze who is Aribo on speed. He needs to be channelled down the outside.
    I think this is too attacking. 

3 up top plus our attacking fullbacks/wing backs. if Pratley drops into defence which will happen with those full backs it will leave us horribly outnumbered in midfield - which is where we have lost the battle of late. My view is we should be packing the midfield.

I get we want all of Taylor/Bonne/Leko on the pitch but I dont think we will actually see it that often. Bow is pretty pragmatic with this stuff. Bonne has played every minute of every game since the Leeds game, chances are he could benefit from a rest with the busy Christmas period to come. Leko may actually be more effective coming off the bench and using his pace late in games - we dont really have any other rapid players in the squad. We have struggled to change games when we have needed to. 
  • edited December 2019
    Phillips 
    Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr
    Matthews                    Doughty
    Pratley | Morgan
    Gallagher
    Leko | Taylor

We're going to get overrun in midfield, so let's work around that, long ball or short direct passing. Work around your opposition's game plan. We don't have the players to play our best formation and as such we must deviate from it. 

Save Bonne to be the super sub.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips 
    Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr
    Pratley | Morgan
    Gallagher
    Leko | Taylor

We're going to get overrun in midfield, so let's work around that, long ball or short direct passing. Work around your opposition's game plan. We don't have the players to play our best formation and as such we must deviate from it. 

An extra player is an advantage too 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips 
    Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr
    Pratley | Morgan
    Gallagher
    Leko | Taylor

An extra player is an advantage too 
    Damn you edited Bonne out of the starting lineup just as I quoted!