Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• I don't know what you're talking about :lol:

• he is 30 years old and recovering from an injury, if a reasonable offer came in why not accept it use the proceeds plus a bit more to buy a younger striker.
    Don't ask me what is a reasonable offer or who a younger striker is because I don't know!

If we've learned anything from Yann it's that if you've managed to get in a great, talismanic player then you don't chuck him in favour of hopefully signing a younger player who hasn't proven himself for your team.

Taylor is more than just a decent striker, he's our key player and he drags us through games with more than just his goals. We would be replacing him with an unknown quantity, even if that player has done well for his current team
    Fantastic post.
  • he is 30 years old and recovering from an injury, if a reasonable offer came in why not accept it use the proceeds plus a bit more to buy a younger striker.
    Don't ask me what is a reasonable offer or who a younger striker is because I don't know!

If we've learned anything from Yann it's that if you've managed to get in a great, talismanic player then you don't chuck him in favour of hopefully signing a younger player who hasn't proven himself for your team. Taylor is more than just a decent striker, he's our key player and he drags us through games with more than just his goals. We would be replacing him with an unknown quantity, even if that player has done well for his current team
    absolutely
  • Add to that the fact that 20 goal strikers are like gold dust, and that potential or the fact that you have been banging them in for fun in the u23's or whatever is irrelevant - scoring goals in the Championship is a big step upwards.

Also add to the fact, that from Andy Jones in the 80's, Bradley Allen in the 90's, to Andy Gray in the 00's and indeed to Nicky Ajose in this current decade, I have lost count of the amount of strikers that came to Charlton with a decent record, and have then been 'Charltonised'!!
  • edited December 2019

Tweeted 3 emojis

Eyes Ear Brain

What could it mean
  • Love some of the comments alreadys

I hear thoughts? Whose thoughts you hearing Lyle?

Lockyer`s Brainy
  • Sponsored links:

• This could back to bite me in the future, but I can’t see Spurs binning Harry Kane when he turns 30.
  • For clarity of the post I’m not comparing Lyle with Harry Kane, but we certainly notice when he’s not in the team, if you get my drift.

• Note the song playing "My last words" 

• Note the song playing "My last words" 

That makes me think he’s off
  • I can’t help but think that one of Southalls strange ideas is to let go of Taylor despite him saying he wants him on a long term deal. That money will then go towards Toney! I don’t know why I have this inclin 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    I can’t help but think that one of Southalls strange ideas is to let go of Taylor despite him saying he wants him on a long term deal. That money will then go towards Toney! I don’t know why I have this inclin 
    or..dare I say...upgrade on Taylor? 
  • That songs all about going back...

Wish I can go back in time to my father, I didn't really mean it
    Wish I can go tell my mom that I loved her
    And all of this money I got I don't need it
    Wish I could go to the church and I talked
    To the Lord in an effort to conquer my demons
    I'm beggin' and pleadin'
    I'm down on my knees and he's ready
    To shoot and I'm practically bleedin'
    So this is my destiny, I finna get death to the G
    Somebody please help me, yeah
    These are my last words
    It's Dax!
  • Come on guys, it's just an Instagram post. Let's not jump to conclusions. Saying that, he's going Brentford 100%, bye lyle
  • Sponsored links:

• Last christmas etc etc

• So many grumpy old men 😂😂😂
  • I think if Lyle wants to stay, then the money will be found. If he wants to go, we'll cash in. As much as Bowyer wants him to stay, he won't want anybody at the club that isn't 100% committed. 
  • IMO Lyle is a bit of an attention seeker. He posts these cryptic messages because he knows it will drive some people crazy trying to attach some meaning to it, and he gets off on the reactions he gets. I really wouldn't read too much into it. 
  • Bauer tripled his wages leaving us. 
  • edited December 2019
    Love how people are jumping to judge him, is it at all possible he was listening to music and posted the picture not even paying attention really to the connection between the song that was on in the background and Charlton fans guessing it means he is leaving .

I posted on here earlier whilst listening to Flying without Wings but it doesnt mean I was jumping off buildings without wings

Ok i wasnt listening to that song really but you get my point, it was just a song he was listening to whilst he posted a picture
  • Love how people are jumping to judge him, is it at all possible he was listening to music and posted the picture not even paying attention really to the connection between the song that was on in the background and Charlton fans guessing it means he is leaving .

I posted on here earlier whilst listening to Flying without Wings but it doesnt mean I was jumping off buildings without wings

Ok i wasnt listening to that song really but you get my point, it was just a song he was listening to whilst he posted a picture
    I’m assuming you don’t have Instagram? He had to include that song in that story. It doesn’t add what you’re listening too. He can even choose where the song starts and ends.