Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Looking a shadow of himself over last couple of games. 

Could well be fitness but his body langue says it’s something more. 
  • He is being sold?.
  • Looking a shadow of himself over last couple of games. 

Could well be fitness but his body langue says it’s something more. 
    I thought he did ok 1st half especially considering how weak the midfield has been.
  • Bloke is coming back from a long term injury, and has got two goals and an assist in a team which are struggling overall. Yet because he potentially may be moving away from the club apparently his 'body language' is showing he does not care......
    Where have I said he does not care? 
  • Bloke is coming back from a long term injury, and has got two goals and an assist in a team which are struggling overall. Yet because he potentially may be moving away from the club apparently his 'body language' is showing he does not care......
    What did you mean by 'Could well be fitness but his body langue says it’s something more' then?
  • edited January 2020
    Bloke is coming back from a long term injury, and has got two goals and an assist in a team which are struggling overall. Yet because he potentially may be moving away from the club apparently his 'body language' is showing he does not care......
    What did you mean by 'Could well be fitness but his body langue says it’s something more' then?

To me his body langue was not normal lively positive Lyle. 

I said something else not he does not care. That something else could be anything from struggling himself, finding it frustrating in this side, problems on mind, club wanting to sell him anything other than just fitness.

you have assumed something that I literally did not say. 

I have never accused Lyle of not caring. In fact I thought and mentioned it at the time he handle his possible move in the summer well and professional. 

I said something else not he does not care. That something else could be anything from struggling himself, finding it frustrating in this side, problems on mind, club wanting to sell him anything other than just fitness.

you have assumed something that I literally did but say. 

I have never accused Lyle of not caring. In fact I thought and mentioned it at the time he handle his possible move in the summer well and professional. 

Fair enough, I read into what you said another way so I apologies for that. Either way I think you are applying some form of confirmation bias to a view point that you think Lyle is acting differently/has behind the scenes problems. Apart from maybe understandably not being as match sharp as he would like to be, I see nothing different in the way he is acting to how he was pre-injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t remember players needing a month to get up to speed after being out for two and half months..... it seems like he has been back for ages and he still can’t play more than 45 mins?

Doesn’t add up to me. I get players need a couple of games off the bench but he returned a month ago.... how long to get over two months out?

you have assumed something that I literally did but say. 

Fair enough, I read into what you said another way so I apologies for that. Either way I think you are applying some form of confirmation bias to a view point that you think Lyle is acting differently/has behind the scenes problems. Apart from maybe understandably not being as match sharp as he would like to be, I see nothing different in the way he is acting to how he was pre-injury.
    I possibly may be reading to much into him just being tired and/or lacking match fitness and seeing things not there but as said just a feeling I got. 

• edited January 2020
    I don’t remember players needing a month to get up to speed after being out for two and half months..... it seems like he has been back for ages and he still can’t play more than 45 mins?

Doesn’t add up to me. I get players need a couple of games off the bench but he returned a month ago.... how long to get over two months out?
    As said though doesnt help the fact that there hasnt been a long break between games

Hull (15mins) | 8-days rest | QPR (90-mins) | 4-days rest | Bristol City (90-mins) | 3-days rest | Derby (45-mins) | 3-days rest | Swansea (45-mins)

Bet someone like Williams will be involved a lot quicker because there is a week to recover between games from West Brom (11th January) to Stoke City (8th February) which is five games
  • thigh injury apparently 
  • Taken off at HT due to a thigh injury according to Louis.
  • Explains why I thought he looked lethargic
  • He was manhandled all half, I'm not surprised he got hurt. The negative is that Lyle is injured. The positive is that all the people on here claiming that they could tell he wanted to leave because of the way his chin was aimed after a long ball look even more hilarious now
  • Easy to forget that whilst out injured he was able to do zero fitness. 

Since he's had to nurture himself up in limited training and playing time.

I truly hope it's not another hamstring/quad injury.

• Sponsored links:

• I know it goes against a few people’s thoughts tonight, but I actually thought it was his best performance, since he’s come back from injury.

Gutting he’s now picked up another injury, but understandable why he’s had to play, as we are at rock bottom with players out, I’m guessing he could be out for 2-3 weeks?

We’ve had got to get some quality transfers over the line quickly!
  • It's all a ploy to keep prospective buyers at bay until end of transfer window.most probably rubbing of shorts on his thigh.
  • I don’t remember players needing a month to get up to speed after being out for two and half months..... it seems like he has been back for ages and he still can’t play more than 45 mins?

I'm with you on this. I cant remember many players only being able to play 45 mins after being back a couple of weeks.
  • edited January 2020
    I don’t remember players needing a month to get up to speed after being out for two and half months..... it seems like he has been back for ages and he still can’t play more than 45 mins?

I'm with you on this. I cant remember many players only being able to play 45 mins after being back a couple of weeks.
    Yet William's cant play 2 games in a row or 90 mins when at full fitness, he off too ? 
  • I sense that some people are desperate for there to be a problem behind the scenes with him when in reality there most probably isn't.

This. If it's not his political pronouncements on Twitter, it's his body language, or having the temerity to go off and get injured when called up by his country.

Hope everyone who is slating hime will be happy when spongefoot comes back to replace him.