Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    If he does go can't see it being Brentford, their current 2 strikers have got 27 between them so he would arguably be third choice plus they just got another striker yesterday,  I think his new injury means no one will come in for him and he will stay till the end of the season, will be offered a new deal and once it becomes clear what ESI'S ambitions are for next season will determine if Lyle signs.
    I think by the end of this season he will go to L1 or retire.
    Don’t be stupid. 
    OK I'll try not to be. Why do you think an out of contract 30 yr old with a bad injury record and only a couple months championship experience will be seen as a good deal by anyone above L1?
    I mean that's kinda the same thing mate. 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    If he does go can't see it being Brentford, their current 2 strikers have got 27 between them so he would arguably be third choice plus they just got another striker yesterday,  I think his new injury means no one will come in for him and he will stay till the end of the season, will be offered a new deal and once it becomes clear what ESI'S ambitions are for next season will determine if Lyle signs.
    Don’t be stupid. 
    OK I'll try not to be. Why do you think an out of contract 30 yr old with a bad injury record and only a couple months championship experience will be seen as a good deal by anyone above L1?
    Did you miss the start of the season ? He can more than hold his own at this level when 100% fit. 
    1 great month
    And injured the rest ffs, judge his games not his absence.
    Right because that isn't a problem 
  • edited January 2020
    Don’t be stupid. 
    I mean that's kinda the same thing mate. 

Yup. Fair point. 

He has a good injury record in L1 and below

• edited January 2020
    Kick the shit out of me as much as you want. If you think his long term injury and approaching 30th birthday doesn't affect his value to us or other clubs I hope you are right. I think you are wrong. 
  • Since coming back half fit Taylor has scored two and got one assist.

He has the ability to be a good Championship striker if he stays fit. He’s only got injured again because we had so few other options, he’s not known for being injury prone.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Don’t be stupid. 
    Did you miss the start of the season ? He can more than hold his own at this level when 100% fit. 
    1 great month
    That he hasn't scored while injured ? 
  • Notthefullticket
    Twat
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Don’t be stupid. 
    1 great month
    That he hasn't scored while injured ? 
    Yeh that's right. That's exactly what I meant.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Oh my god. LYLE Taylor? I've just realised I was talking about someone else entirely. 

No Lyle is definitely going to save our season. 100 per cent and anyone who questions that is an absolute c***.

Glad we got that clarified.

• You know how the old saying goes - when you find yourself in a hole... you dig the shit out of that thing - there’s sure to be a way out down there somewhere. 
  • Sorry got his age wrong. 30 not 34.
    Thirty next month I believe. 
    Still has a few years in him yet.
    I'd like to think you're right. 
    But elsewhere.
  • edited January 2020
    Scoham said:
    Random Twitter rumour that he’s turned down £18k a week.
    He then goes on to say/retweet someone who said Brentford are offering/offered him 30,000 a week, which is all you need to know about that rumour. 
  • RedChaser said:
    A lot of lifers seem to be very confrontational today, must be be pre back to work blues building up and or Cup match nerves for fear of another reversal 😲.
    I see it as honest exchanges you'd find down a boozer.

Crack on fellas, it's all differences of opinion, no more than that.
    But elsewhere.
    Well selected.

Go the whole hog and just pick out the letters that suit you.
  • Oh my god. LYLE Taylor? I've just realised I was talking about someone else entirely. 

No Lyle is definitely going to save our season. 100 per cent and anyone who questions that is an absolute c***.

Glad we got that clarified.

This is an intervention. We love you and we're worried about you. Put your phone down and read a book/go for a walk/ watch a film. 
    But elsewhere.
    Well selected.

?
    But elsewhere.
    Well selected.

?
    I'll have a consonant please, Carol. 
  • Sponsored links:

But elsewhere.
    Well selected.

?
    I'll have a consonant please, Carol. 
    B
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Well this has been an odd place today 😂
    No squirrel or Duchatelet to have a crack at I suppose.
  • Ignoring the £18k figure, how much do people think LT is worth a week on a 2 year deal?
  • edited January 2020
    Ignoring the £18k figure, how much do people think LT is worth a week on a 2 year deal?
    12-15k a week would be a fairly decent Salary for a striker at this level.
  • Ignoring the £18k figure, how much do people think LT is worth a week on a 2 year deal?
    My answer would be dependant on what our other options were.
    If no one as good can be signed for less, then he's possibly worth £18K pw.
    If I could sign Toney for £10K pw, then I'd say he's not worth it (for example).
    I heard we'd offered him £14k pw a few months back.
    Totally agree
  • In comparison Karlan Grant was on 28k at Huddersfield when in Prem - not sure if lowered once relegation.  
  • edited January 2020
    Highly unlikely Bees are offering £25k PW unless they made a killing on stadium move.  Benham is only estimated net worth as £200m, so those wages seem out of proportion. Their budget is already bigger than ours on crowds of 11k.

Brentford are big on stats and him passing the ball then standing on the touchline watching a cross will not be a big seller.