Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• I've seen no suggestion anywhere that Brentford are offering Taylor £25k PW.
    It was rumoured they offered £20K PW in the summer. 
  • Redacted not sure by whom.
  • They were willing to pay 4mil in the summer though. Not unthinkable to suggest they will pay an extra 5k a week if they can get him for much less then their original bid. 
  • iamdan said:
    In comparison Karlan Grant was on 28k at Huddersfield when in Prem - not sure if lowered once relegation.  
    I’d be surprised at that figure 
  • Sponsored links:

• But remember this a wage structure implemented by Roland.

if we are ever going to compete in this division and try and reach the premiership we will have to start signing better players and pay better wages.
    if we persist with the current wage structure we will always be fighting relegation.JoshAddick said:
    Give Taylor the 25k a week on a 2 year deal, 2.6 mill for a proven scorer/good player at this level is nothing in 2020.
    Not that simple unfortunately. Would ruin our whole wage structure

• Josh Cullen has done nothing above league one apart from a couple of decent months with us ,
    He’s injury prone as well
    League One next year for him , wibble wibble wibble 
    Don't prod the sleeping bear. 
  • Uboat said:
    Josh Cullen has done nothing above league one apart from a couple of decent months with us ,
    Is that a euphemism?
  • Not too bad then... the Fulham game being cancelled has come at the right time
  • Better than I expected tbh seeing as Bowyer said it didn't look good. 
  • Give Taylor the 25k a week on a 2 year deal, 2.6 mill for a proven scorer/good player at this level is nothing in 2020.
    Not that simple unfortunately. Would ruin our whole wage structure
    What wage structure?  What is ESI’s wage structure then? 
  • Josh Cullen has done nothing above league one apart from a couple of decent months with us ,
    Bit late mate.

Tired Dog GIF
  • Not too bad then... the Fulham game being cancelled has come at the right time
    Can we re-employ Roger Firth?
  • Who is Roger Firth & when was he employed by Charlton? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Josh Cullen has done nothing above league one apart from a couple of decent months with us ,
    Oi! Who you calling a bear?
  • Bit bored of it all now, he will be offered a new contract ( a better offer than Roland’s ) and he may or may not accept if he doesn’t then may aswell go now so we can get a bit of coin and better than having a want away player, he isn’t proven at this level due to injuries - I don’t doubt that he is a good player but he isn’t proving so would be a big punt by any of the other championship clubs. 
  • Who is Roger Firth & when was he employed by Charlton? 
    I actually know roger really well, grew up with his kids. Nice bloke and I'd have taken the 20 grand aswell to be fair 🤣
  • edited January 2020
    Personally unless we get a massive bid, I'd keep him. There's always the chance that he'll re-resign in the summer anyway, and even if he doesn't his goals and play will be essential to keeping us up. I don't believe he's the sort to sulk for 4 months if we don't sell him, and in some ways he'd benefit most from going on a free anyway, and will want to impress suiters

Keeping Bauer until the summer didn't work out too badly last season...
    100%.  We are not in the position that we could turn our noses up at a player who, on form and uninjured  is a nightmare for opposing sides and a wonderful player to watch. If he can come back and stay uninjured...
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/east-street-investments-withdraw-lucrative-contract-offer-to-lyle-taylor-and-set-to-listen-to-offers-for-charlton-athletic-striker/

Taylor hasn’t responded to ESIs offer by the deadline they gave, so we’ll be listening to offers - though he’s not on the transfer list.
  • So how long did he have to look at the offer the few days they’ve owned the club or before that ? 
    ESI and Lyle are playing with fire here ... 
    can see it from both points of view ESI need to know where they stand cos they don’t want him leaving last minute.com and Lyle wants to see what’s out there so he can maximise his earnings .