Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Taylor had potential to go in the same category as Yann, Bent, Mendonca.  But not after only one season, few years from now he will be forgotten about, let’s move on see where it takes us.
    David whyte whyte whyte 
  • Posted below on wrong thread

Big questions to answer. Are we more likely to get more points for the remainder of the season with Taylor up front or someone else? How much extra will that someone else cost? Will Jan prices be too premium for value? Is there still a willing £xm buyer for Taylor?

We took Taylor on and benefited from having previously run down his contract. We shouldn’t really be over surprised and up in arms when it’s later repeated. 
    Admin posting on the wrong thread - major own goal 
  • Taylor brings other players into the game and works hard off the ball. 
    It would be tough to lose him, but if he doesn’t want to stay, what can we do?
  • We can point out the fact that we have struggled in his absence,but more to the point,how many more would Bonne and Leko have scored had Williams and Cullen been fit,how much pressure would have been off the defense,what if we had been able to rotate,Pratley,Gallagher,Otzuma,keeping them all fresh,our dodgy run is not totally down to Taylors absence.
  • If no decent offers come in he stays and still needs to prove his worth of more money from another club. 
  • To the guys with young lads who will be gutted,know how the kids feel,remember when Sam Barttram retired,I was devestated for weeks,When Stuart Leary left for QPR I just could not understand it,sadly young lads have their heroes,and it is very hard for them to accept that sometimes players just do not want to play for them anymore,but,someone else always comes along.
  • This leaves us mega light up top, I don't think another loan will cut it we need to try get get like for like, which means toney
  • Player doesn’t want to be here - obvs going to play for a bigger club than Charlton - his choice, thanks for the goals you aren’t a “hero” and best of luck. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I do wonder how its going to be for Agents / Players negotiating with the club now

They're effectively negotiating with an Agent themselves what with Matt Southall's past... Gone are the days of having them treat us like mugs in the sense we saw with Meire

It'll be a shame to lose Lyle but I think it'll be different to Yann this time as we wont have a penny pusher of an owner to get a replacement

Of course it'll be difficult but no player is bigger than the club!!
  • shine166 said:
    Taylor had potential to go in the same category as Yann, Bent, Mendonca.  But not after only one season, few years from now he will be forgotten about, let’s move on see where it takes us.
    David whyte whyte whyte 

Oh Andy Hunt, he plays up front
  • Melrose said:
    shine166 said:
    Taylor had potential to go in the same category as Yann, Bent, Mendonca.  But not after only one season, few years from now he will be forgotten about, let’s move on see where it takes us.
    David whyte whyte whyte 

Oh Andy Hunt, he plays up front
    Both of which scored loads of goal at second tier.
  • "Greedy" Bowyer and his evil agent rejected an offer from the owner in the summer.

We showed him not to disrespect Charlton. Wasnt that good a manager anyway, never managed above league 1, and as he rejected an offer he clearly didn't want to be here.

Don't want people like that at the club.

Where is Bowyer now by the way?
    Early contender for the didn’t happen of the year awards.

what had this got to do with Taylor? Different person, different owner, different scenario 
  • Would imagine Bowyer and Gallen would be in ESI's ear to offer everything to Lyle. The offer won't have been retracted without them knowing so or probably having some say in it, let's just see what happens.
  • I heard the same. 
    Stormed out & went home. 
  • "Greedy" Bowyer and his evil agent rejected an offer from the owner in the summer.

We showed him not to disrespect Charlton. Wasnt that good a manager anyway, never managed above league 1, and as he rejected an offer he clearly didn't want to be here.

Don't want people like that at the club.

Where is Bowyer now by the way?
      Henry. A lot of your posts have a 'you're all a bunch of wank*rs and I'm not!  ' kind of feel to them.

Not sure if that's intentional?
    Have you only just started reading his posts or......
  • edited January 2020
    Posted this on the other thread.......

Said after the Swansea game that he wasjt injured. Did sod all during that first 45 mins & then is replaced due to a "thigh injury". Now unavailable for the next 2-3 weeks so "cant" play for us. You can bet your bottom dollar he will be fit though for whoever he signs for....(but then who is going to sign a player who is currently injured & struggled to play 90 mins when he was back from his recent injury.......perhaps a club who knows it's all baloney).

God job Lyle's off twitter atm. Expect to see that turned back on again once he's left.

Do you honestly believe we would substitute our only fit striker when we are in the middle of an injury crisis and a relegation battle? 

What are you going to post next, the queens a lizard? Paul Mccarthy died in a car crash in the 60’s and was replaced by a look a like? 
    Melissas’ unfunny brother?
  • Sponsored links:

• No player is bigger than the club.

If he's not interested in signing a new deal that's his choice. We can't exactly moan about it or hate him for it, as we signed him after he did exactly the same to Wimbledon.

Thanks Lyle. Cheerio.
    This ... his loss. He won’t be part of the Charlton Revolution and forfeits his place in our Champions League winning team. 
  • What is his current fitness status?
  • I will be gutted to loose Taylor if he goes but if he wants to go then get a good price for him.

Also my own opinion is that him & Bonne cant play together in the same team as they are too similar in styles, you want one of them up top with a pacey striker. I would prefer to keep Bonne as he is younger and is still learning but stepped up well so far
  • Should we not face up to the possibility that our new owners are not as minted as we hoped, that we will not compete with top half clubs on either wages or transfer budget. It’s very early days so we will have to wait and see. But it’s a distinct possibility. 
  • Lyles tantrum for not getting his life changing move to Brentford and subsequent lack of effort in our early season matches prove he’s a waste of time , move him on 
  • Lyles tantrum for not getting his life changing move to Brentford and subsequent lack of effort in our early season matches prove he’s a waste of time , move him on 
    You cant show everyone else that being petulant gets you what you want... not a great look on there first ever contract off to a cafc player 
  • We did OK without him earlier, thanks to Bonne and Leko stepping up. Oh, wait a minute...