Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Therefore, from the 2018/19 season, points will be distributed as follows:

- 2018/19 Season ticket holders: 230 points

- 2018/19 Half season ticket holders: 120 points

- Home match ticket purchasers: 10 points (Only awarded if purchased in advanced – eg not on the day of the match)

- Home match ticket purchasers: 5 points (If purchased on the day of the match at least two hours before kick off)

- Away match ticket purchasers: 10 points

- Friendlies and Cup ticket purchasers: 5 Points

Valley Gold will remain a separate priority.
  • my login details still wont work.
  • so forking out at the beginning of the season on a season ticket gives you no more points than someone who buys on a match by match basis. Also, do points carry forward to the next season or is this done on a season by season basis?
  • Valley Gold members to have first dips then? Bar the Wimbledon game, every league away game will go on general sale at some point
  • That's also true. Half way through the season and a match by match ticket purchaser has 100 points whereas a season ticket holder already has a full 230 points.
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2018
    Will they give any idea of how many points will be needed for games?
  • so forking out at the beginning of the season on a season ticket gives you no more points than someone who buys on a match by match basis. Also, do points carry forward to the next season or is this done on a season by season basis?

but say for example we make the 3rd round of the F A Cup (laughable I know) and then draw a prem side away, as a ST holder you'll already have the 230 points in the bag, whereas someone buying on a match by match basis will probably only have half that amount (unless they've also done every away etc)
  • New ticket site up and running. No discount on season tickets for VG members.
  • Sponsored links:

• They didn’t listen to me then.

Can’t see how Sunderland at home on a Sat can be worth the same as Rochdale away on a a Tues night.

Gone for the simplest method obviously.

I’d also argue friendliest should be worth more than normal fixtures. Surely more dedication required for them.

No mention of the cumulative rules either. Are points at the end of the season carried forward to the following year and if so how many and fur how long?
  • Which half of the season does one purchase for?
  • They didn’t listen to me then.

Can’t see how Sunderland at home on a Sat can be worth the same as Rochdale away on a a Tues night.

Gone for the simplest method obviously.

I’d also argue friendliest should be worth more than normal fixtures. Surely more dedication required for them.

No mention of the cumulative rules either. Are points at the end of the season carried forward to the following year and if so how many and fur how long?

I suppose on the flip side, why should a Charlton fan living oop north, get more points for going to local away matches?
  • Based on last season I would have had 240 Home points and 150 away points. My account says I have 0 points. So, clearly starting from scratch this season. Not sure how this will help prioritise Accrington tickets for 3rd game of season.
  • SX_Addick said:

Based on last season I would have had 240 Home points and 150 away points. My account says I have 0 points. So, clearly starting from scratch this season. Not sure how this will help prioritise Accrington tickets for 3rd game of season.

No need to when everyone who wants a ticket will get one.
  • The club make no money out of you attending away matches, same as England fans you get the same for going to a friendly at home to Malta away as wembley is where they make there cash.
  • SX_Addick said:

Based on last season I would have had 240 Home points and 150 away points. My account says I have 0 points. So, clearly starting from scratch this season. Not sure how this will help prioritise Accrington tickets for 3rd game of season.

The scheme starts from this season & points accrued will carry over to next season,i am under the impression that last seasons away purchases may count if needed for early season high demand games.
  • Nice idea but seeing as I buy most of my tickets on the day and on the gate, I'm not going to get any credits. Ah well, roll on Duchatelet leaving then I can actually watch some games at The Valley.
  • edited June 2018
    Charlton fans next season

• Looks good to me. Well done the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• A much needed system , that I’m sure will be over worked this coming season
  • Therefore, from the 2018/19 season, points will be distributed as follows:

- Home match ticket purchasers: 10 points (Only awarded if purchased in advanced – eg not on the day of the match)

- Home match ticket purchasers: 5 points (If purchased on the day of the match at least two hours before kick off)

An opportunity for a CL competition thread taking place for this as we buy tickets and gain more points as the season progresses...

And I guess the cups are now officially not going to be of importance for charlton
  • edited June 2018

Therefore, from the 2018/19 season, points will be distributed as follows:

5 for cups sticks out. Surely we want more fans to turn up for cup games?

Other than that its decent.
  • edited June 2018
    System seems fine, but there is an issue with Valley Gold. If it’s completely independent of the rest, it means a £10 a month lottery commitment now gets you the same benefit as a season-ticket holder who may have paid £500 - or a regular away traveller.

This is enhanced priority over the previous situation, when you had to have both VG and a ST to be at the head of the queue. I doubt if most people think VG should be getting more priority in this scheme than before. If you still need points plus VG then the club needs to say that.
  • System seems fine, but there is an issue with Valley Gold. If it’s completely independent of the rest, it means a £10 a month lottery commitment now gets you the same benefit as a season-ticket holder who may have paid £500 - or a regular away traveller.

This is enhanced priority over the previous situation, when you had to have both VG and a ST to be at the head of the queue. I doubt if most people think VG should be getting more priority in this scheme than before. If you still need points plus VG then the club needs to say that.

Doesn’t it say VG will remain a seperate priority ? ie, support the youth teams and you go to the front of the queue, first among equals and all that ?
  • System seems fine, but there is an issue with Valley Gold. If it’s completely independent of the rest, it means a £10 a month lottery commitment now gets you the same benefit as a season-ticket holder who may have paid £500 - or a regular away traveller.

Doesn’t it say VG will remain a seperate priority ? ie, support the youth teams and you go to the front of the queue, first among equals and all that ?
    It’s not a separate priority currently. It’s part of the existing system. If anyone with Valley Gold (and no season ticket) now gets first priority that’s new. If they don’t, the club needs to set out what priority they get.

I might rejoin Valley Gold to get to the front of the queue, but if I’d paid £500 for a season ticket and already went to every away game I’m not sure I’d think that fair. I just think it needs clarifying.
    Yes, but we need more VG members to pay for the breakfasts of the U23's & U18's :smile:

It only cost's £30.00 to get ticket priority.

Benefits of Membership
    £15 Season Ticket discount*
    10% discount in the Club Shop – and 15% on two selected Christmas shopping days!
    Greater ticket priority to away games, and those matches that are in high demand*
    Valley Gold Pin Badge
    Discount on Junior Reds membership
    Regular e-newsletter and bi-annual full newsletter
    Entry into under 18 and under 21 academy matches at The Valley (you must produce your membership card)
    * In order to qualify for £15 Season Ticket discount and priority tickets, you must have paid at least £30 towards your Valley Gold membership
  • It's very vague. So again, if you buy away tickets on the day, at the ground can I redeem them with the club?