Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Options
    Backed Thomas at 11/1 the day before the cobbles stage.Must admit my opinion on Froome has changed the past week or so though
  • Options

Backed Thomas at 11/1 the day before the cobbles stage.Must admit my opinion on Froome has changed the past week or so though

Good work!
    Froome is ok and was great in the Giro. Lit up the race.
  • Options
    Could be interesting today for the Green Jersey

Seems that Sagan's fall on Wednesday is causing him a bit of pain

If he then misses the time gap he goes out, Kristoff will then wear it into Paris yet if Demare were to win on the Champs Elysee he'd take it himself... Of course, the remaining Sprinters still need to make it through today themselves
  • Options
    Hypothetically speaking what happens if Thomas starts to struggle today and Dumoulin attacks?

Does Froome help Thomas and then risk them both losing out or does Froome attack and try to win himself?
  • Options

Hypothetically speaking what happens if Thomas starts to struggle today and Dumoulin attacks?

Does Froome help Thomas and then risk them both losing out or does Froome attack and try to win himself?

Suppose thats the beauty of the situation for Team SKY - I guess they'll do what they did on Wednesday where Froome attacked and so forced Dumoulin to chase, on that occasion Thomas was able to sit on his wheel

What they need to be wary of is the fact that Dumoulin appears able to counter anything by Froome so whilst I could see a slim chance of Thomas breaking, I see no chance for Froome to be able to get back into second as well as create a gap ahead of the time trial tomorrow

I know he didnt win but everyone is saying that it seems Froome cant win both the Giro and Tour this year yet for Dumoulin to potentially get podiums in both is equally impressive (especially as Team Sunweb arent as strong as SKY)
  • Options
    Great ride from Egan Bernal to get Froome back with the Yellow Jersey
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Looks like Froome is dropping off the podium today though, been a great descent from Roglic

And Thomas gets the bonus seconds to extend his lead!! - No way do I see Dumoulin or Roglic winning now
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    That was so nerve wracking. Every time ITV4 went for an ad break I was expecting them to return to a shot of Thomas in a ditch.
  • Options
    All over bar the shouting now.
  • Options

Future champion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Future champion
    definitely has the potential. he's been one of the standout riders this tour

• Options
    G and Froome doing the business in sector 1. this could be a good afternoon
  • Options
    Yup Froome on the podium, now has he gotten second (doubtful)
  • Options
    Yup Thomas / Dumoulin / Froome
  • Options
    Bloody hell... Dumoulin won the stage by ONE second!!
  • Options
    Well done G!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    official results currently showing froome from thomas from andersen with dumoulin not even listed. may take a while to sort this out

kwiatkowski also missing
  • Options
    rina said:

official results currently showing froome from thomas from andersen with dumoulin not even listed. may take a while to sort this out

now they've put him in but froome's time is 2 seconds down on the original time

regardless, G rules
  • Options
    Seems to be a really good working relationship between the top three riders, just a shame that fans tried to impact the Tour this year
  • Options
    G in floods. Seeing his wife waiting for him (unexpectedly) after crossing the finish must have been amazing for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

G in floods. Seeing his wife waiting for him (unexpectedly) after crossing the finish must have been amazing for him.

Yeah started to get to me when Thomas began crying whilst hugging Brailsford - Be interesting to see what happens next for his career
  • Options
    Superb day for G and Froome plus super combativity award for Dan Martin ...love it.
  • Options
    One thing I find remarkable (not questionable) is the fact that Dumoulin has now finished second in both the Giro and Tour this year - Having won the Giro in 2017 and only 27 (five years younger than Thomas) he's going to be a threat for years to come, just a shame as if his achievements were in a Team SKY jersey they would be questioned by others
  • Options

felt really pleased for Thomas especially when questioned by the press yesterday he broke down in tears. I'm sure even the French fans would appreciate how much it means to him to win the Tour.

on a side note, apart from the inevitable advert breaks, I really think ITV do a great job with their intelligent and professional coverage of the Tour. been doing great work for years now. David Millar with his insights and honesty. Ned Boulting with his measured delivery and of course the slick and funny Gary Imlach. shame they do such a crap job on their football coverage.

Agreed, their coverage is excellent
  • Options

felt really pleased for Thomas especially when questioned by the press yesterday he broke down in tears. I'm sure even the French fans would appreciate how much it means to him to win the Tour.

on a side note, apart from the inevitable advert breaks, I really think ITV do a great job with their intelligent and professional coverage of the Tour. been doing great work for years now. David Millar with his insights and honesty. Ned Boulting with his measured delivery and of course the slick and funny Gary Imlach. shame they do such a crap job on their football coverage.

Guggenhiemesque, not sure we would ever hear that in a football programme!
  • Options
    Was half expecting Peter Sagan to slap one of the green jersey girls on the arse when they walked out!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    A great finish there, I really thought the breakaway was going to hold on but the peloton has that amazing ability to ruin dreams

I posted this 6 days before the Tour started..
    rina said:

I would love to see G have a crack at the GC

..and love it I did. So good to watch him throughout the race, he just looked so comfortable in yellow

whereas Froome in yellow always looks like he's suffering and attacks frequently get away from him before he slowly pulls them back, G just marked every attack and never looked in any danger

all in all a great Tour
  • Options
    Froome will definitely be back next year - think this was just one Grand Tour too far for him based on what he's achieved since last July, doesnt sound as though he'll be doing the Vuelta either

That speech from Geraint totally eclipses the one that Wiggins did, forgetting your team mates and almost forgetting your wife is something I'll enjoy watching back
  • Options
    'Who else is on the team'? - Brilliant!