Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Croatia

1394041424345»

Comments

• Options

Are we all watching the 3rd/4th playoff today. The most depressing game of the tournament for me as it'll probably give me the hump thinking about what might have been. I'm sure I'll still watch it though

I'm going to watch it. I have to get up early tomorrow for a meeting at work and do a presentation. The game ends around 11.50pm tonight, 2 hours past my bed time but I'll watch it. I really hope to see England win. I just caught the news on TV about the team's training and the players looked very relaxed and happy.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    We are praising Croatia for their quality but there was an element of luck with the Manzukic goal.
    Perisic, with his back to goal threw his head at the ball and back nodded it. The trajection he managed to get with it back across the goal between two defenders and to sit up perfectly for Manzukic, who I should add two seconds previous was looking at his boots, was extraordinary.
    Manzukic Looked up and there it was. On a plate! Great finish I know but I have some sympathy with Stones et all.

Croatia could try that another hundred times and the ball wouldn't fall on the path it did!
  • Options
    Today is surely just gonna be England b vs Belgium b again. Such a nothing game, wish they didn’t have it.
  • Options

We are praising Croatia for their quality but there was an element of luck with the Manzukic goal.
    Perisic, with his back to goal threw his head at the ball and back nodded it. The trajection he managed to get with it back across the goal between two defenders and to sit up perfectly for Manzukic, who I should add two seconds previous was looking at his boots, was extraordinary.
    Manzukic Looked up and there it was. On a plate! Great finish I know but I have some sympathy with Stones et all.

Croatia could try that another hundred times and the ball wouldn't fall on the path it did!

My dad pointed that to me when we watched the rerun of the game just now. It was very interesting. I really wish Walker had cleared the ball though !!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Kane had a 60% chance of scoring from that double effort against Croatia according to the xG boffins.

In isolation, he had a 47% chance of scoring from the first shot and 25% chance from the second shot. Those percentages combine to make 60% overall rather than the simple 72% you'd get from adding them together.

Had he scored, England would've had a 92% chance of making it to the World Cup final from 2-0 up.
  • Options
    A suitably Charlton finish to a WC for England. Now for the delights of division 3 football...
  • Options
    A side point - Lovren could have been give 5 yellow cards in the first half. Ref let him get away with a lot. Got the distinct impression he wasn't keep on booking anyone first half to not ruin the game. Not that it matters
    No, he really couldn't.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Wow. 11 months to reply. How slow do you type?