Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Ice Lolly? (For the purposes of this thread, Ice Creams ON A STICK are included.)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Gotta be Big Feast and eat the chocolate bit in the middle laaaaast
  • Options
    Double caramel magnums by a country mile
  • Options
    Stig said:

Can anyone recommend a vegan alternative to a lolly?

I bet you couldn't eat a whole one though. And would you have room for a vegan in the freezer? The stick alone would have to be the size of a fence post.
  • Options
    Twisters all day long
  • Options
    Stig said:

This would be one made out of cheese right? Or maybe prawns?
  • Options

Loved these, was really nice soft ice cream

Reminds me of Happy Faces where there was a couple of small chocolate eyes, nose and mouth.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Stig said:

This would be one made out of cheese right? Or maybe prawns?
    Er, no.

Slight tangent as I’ve never really been an ice cream or lolly lover but on a hot day I’ll do my best to hunt down a raspberry Slush Puppie.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    There's some excellent pictures of wrappers and adverts from the past on here https://flashbak.com/british-ice-lollies-and-ice-creams-1960-1990-19609/

Must have missed out on the Lyons Maid Brandy Alexander (shame!). And what, just what, was a Wall's Kinky!!!!

Edited to add: this might assist on the Kinky.

https://youtu.be/blE0-s7Fs_8
  • Options
    In no particular order:
    Solero, Raspberry Mivvi or Split, Cider Lolly, Peanut Magnum mini, Feast original
  • Options
    Magnums are too sickly for me.

My choice would probably be a Strawberry or Mint Choc Chip Cornetto or a 99 Flake.

Unfortunately these don’t meet the criteria so it will have to a a simple Lemonade Sparkle or whatever they are called.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the early seventies there was something called a Wiz, (or Wizz?).
    Banana flavour on the outside, toffee in the middle. Awesome, but didn't last long.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

In the early seventies there was something called a Wiz, (or Wizz?).
    Banana flavour on the outside, toffee in the middle. Awesome, but didn't last long.

You could’ve frozen it
  • Options
    Loved a Tony Bell banana lolly.
  • Options
    As someone said
    ''I am not having this. Magnum is cheating. It's just a choc ice with a stick. If I shove a stick into a pork chop it doesn't make it a pork lolly.''
  • Options

As someone said
    ''I am not having this. Magnum is cheating. It's just a choc ice with a stick. If I shove a stick into a pork chop it doesn't make it a pork lolly.''

I think it does
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

As someone said

I think it does
    Only if you freeze it !
  • Options
    Enjoying a lovely fruit pastel lolly at the moment. Going down a treat.
  • Options
    Cornish Mivvi. Don’t care what flavor.

Jubbly can’t be a lolly as there’s no stick.
  • Options
    cafcdog said:

Sadly no more.

One of these stuck in a 99 from Reno the ice cream man was called a Popeye.

Reno covered Lee Green / Ferrier areas and as well as Popeyes, Oysters, two ball screwballs etc he also had a chocolate machine that he dipped your ice cream in to give a nice crispy chocolate coating, most popular on a double lemon ice...

sorry for going off thread.
  • Options
    The cider and cherry brandy lollies only ever sold from ice cream vans it seems ...definitely my favourites

Great thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mivi (Mivvi?), Zoom, Orange Maid.
  • Options

Mivi (Mivvi?), Zoom, Orange Maid.

Zoom definitely had the best shape. Perfect for its age - space race and all that.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Those 100% orange juice lollies are nice when it is sweltering.

I am recalling lollies from my youth that had a plastic stick and a superhero character on the bit covered by the lolly - so you didn't know who you were going to get until you started eating it. I think there was a number to collect. I think some people painted them - although I didn't. I am remembering the Penguin and Robin so must have been DC!