Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unique

An oft used word in the RD / KM era, but there must be a decent list that preceded the Belgian buffoons.

When squad lists were introduced, we "uniquely" went in alphabetical order, so our number 2 (Balmer) wore number 1, and our number 1 (Bolder) wore number 2. What other examples of pre-fuckwit fuckwittery are there?

Comments

• Options
    We played Paul Bacon without realising he had the footballing capabilities of Donald Trump
  • Options
    Hales & Flanagan punch up, before it became more common place to lump a team mate.
  • Options
    Sam Bartram stood alone on a pitch for 15 minutes when everyone else was in the Changing Rooms and a Police Officer had to get him
  • Options

The ball burst in both our FA Cup Finals.

It's never happened in any other FA Cup Final.

• Options
    The model Endsleigh owl that someone managed to string up from the girders of the West Stand in the 90s. Stayed there for ages, swinging in the breeze. Major Health and Safety issue these days.
  • Options
    The name of a bar just opened near me. Nice modern bar/ restaurant but a bit pricey. Food good quality though.
    Showed our WC games in English although Scandinavia owned in a Spanish town because England were playing. Bit of class don’t you think?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

We played Paul Bacon without realising he had the footballing capabilities of Donald Trump

And now our youngsters have been trumped as they no longer get free bacon
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

The ball burst in both our FA Cup Finals.

It's never happened in any other FA Cup Final.

And the play off final I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burst at the next League game against Burnley as well.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Burst at the next League game against Burnley as well.

We might have a bit of a wait for that one.
  • Options
    First to appoint joint managers so I believe.
  • Options
    Keith Peacock : first sub
  • Options

Keith Peacock : first sub

....and a turnstile operator who went onto etc etc.
  • Options
    Two words. “Selhurst” and “ Park”.
  • Options

Not quite, 3 teams have played their "home" games there, it just like the local reck.
  • Options
    More like wreck.
  • Options
    First team to talk about moving to Milton Keynes, suppose in our case it’s unique as we didn’t go in the end.
  • Options
    Unique foundation amongst English league clubs

Unique nickname

Unique in founding own political party

Possibly unique in leaving a home ground on a permanent basis but returning home, twice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not quite, 3 teams have played their "home" games there, it just like the local reck.
    Yes but the OP asked for examples of pre Belgian fuckwittery. If the whole Selhurst thing doesn’t count as fuckwittery, I don’t know what does.
  • Options
    Yeah I thought we were talking about stupid/idiotic things previous administrations/managers have done but I think half of us are talking about unique things that only happen to Charlton... Both interesting topics to talk about though.
  • Options
    Marman sponsored speed boat behind the West Stand if I remember correctly.
  • Options

Unique foundation amongst English league clubs

Unique nickname

Unique in founding own political party

Possibly unique in leaving a home ground on a permanent basis but returning home, twice.

Also twice.