Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

German dress knife help

2»

Comments

• Options

shine166 said:

I know there's some war buffs on here so thought someone may be able to help. I got this from my grandad... whose dad brought it back from ww1. Can anyone here help me with any info on it for further research?

Sorry to learn of your grandads I’ll health.

Might I ask his age ? Seems unlikely that he brought it back from WW1 ?

Would also seem to be a WW2 item.

He's 86, in was lead to believe his dad brought it back ... so hence the ww1 guess.
    There's a antiques road show being filmed near me on Thursday so we will take it along.
  • Options
    This is the 'case' (?)
  • Options
    Can you get a picture of the dagger unsheathed please.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Can you get a picture of the dagger unsheathed please.

Spoke to my mum, it' was ww2 he was in either the merchant or royal navy.. more bits will turn up when we have to clear out the house. My grandad was in the RAF and his stuff is somewhere in his house too

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I don't know if this helps but according to my 1972 Dads Army annual, "They don't like it up em!"
  • Options
    From a very knowledgable collector....
    "Looks like a nice clean blade, probably worth about £450 as a starter, depends if any issues, scabbard may have a few dents etc which is common but without seeing whole dagger it's hard to say"

If its clean it will fetch more.

Also, heres a link to some that have sold recently, please bear in mind that this is a USA site, prices stateside are always a little higher for Nazi German memorabilia.

https://www.emedals.com/europe/germany/third-reich-daggers-swords/navy-daggers