Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated First team Squad - 17th July

13»

Comments

• Scoham said:

The Racing Post have an article in today's pre season assessment in which they look at the outgoings and incomings for all 92 Clubs. They calculate the number of minutes that the players who have left played last season and then work out how many minutes our new recruits would have to play to compensate for that loss.

Well guess what? We finish 24th of 24 in the division. And each of our new players will have to average 8,047 minutes to compensate for the loss of those that have left. Or, in real terms, each one would have to play almost 90 matches!

Not something we weren't aware of. But rather sobering nevertheless especially when we're told that at least one of them won't be match fit and we have others from the existing squad injured too.

With Vetokele and KAG back Bowyer has actually has four extra players available to him, therefore they only need to complete around 45 matches each, i.e. pretty much full league season.

Clearly we don't need any more signings...
    Given the absolute non existent depth to our squad, i presume we will see the likes of Mascoll and RHF become first team squad members and maybe even 1-2 of the young midfielders who've played in pre-season.
  • Our squad looks a right shambles at the moment.
  • Scoham said:

The Racing Post have an article in today's pre season assessment in which they look at the outgoings and incomings for all 92 Clubs. They calculate the number of minutes that the players who have left played last season and then work out how many minutes our new recruits would have to play to compensate for that loss.

Well guess what? We finish 24th of 24 in the division. And each of our new players will have to average 8,047 minutes to compensate for the loss of those that have left. Or, in real terms, each one would have to play almost 90 matches!

Not something we weren't aware of. But rather sobering nevertheless especially when we're told that at least one of them won't be match fit and we have others from the existing squad injured too.

With Vetokele and KAG back Bowyer has actually has four extra players available to him, therefore they only need to complete around 45 matches each, i.e. pretty much full league season.

Given the absolute non existent depth to our squad, i presume we will see the likes of Mascoll and RHF become first team squad members and maybe even 1-2 of the young midfielders who've played in pre-season.
    Also will people be pissed off on here if against Sunderland / Shrewsbury we name a five man bench rather than throwing kids on there just to fill the numbers
  • Dazzler21 said:

As of today....

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Philips 2019

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020 - Pneumonia

Centre Backs

Patrick Bauer 2019
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019
    Darren Pratley - new signing - not fit

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers

Mark Marshall 2019
    Tariqe Fosu 2019
    Ben Reeves 2019 - Injured for 3 months
    Billy Clarke 2019 - Injured for 3 months

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2019
    Lyle Taylor 2020 - new signing
    Nicky Ajose 2019
    Karlan Grant 2019
    Igor Vetokele 2019 - Injured for 3 months
    Reeco Hackett-Fairchild 2019 - ummm, not sure

The injured players are out for 6 weeks not 3 months but different and pratley isn’t match fit but I’m sure he’ll play a part at Sunderland.
  • Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

Roll on October, hopefully we will have 3 new players, Igor, Reeves and Clarke :smiley:

Except it will take them until April to get match fit.
    Not sure Reeves will ever be match fit !
  • Scoham said:

Looking that way, not even a rumour of a signing soon.

I'd say definitely on the midfielders. I'm expecting Lapslie to have made a few appearances by the end of August. Might even start on Saturday.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Dazzler21 said:

As of today....

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Philips 2019

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Patrick Bauer 2019
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019

Mark Marshall 2019
    Tariqe Fosu 2019

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019
    Karlan Grant 2019

The injured players are out for 6 weeks not 3 months but different and pratley isn’t match fit but I’m sure he’ll play a part at Sunderland.
    Clarke has been out injured since last year, he's not expected back in training for another 6 weeks, so it could easily be 3 months before he's fully match fit to play in league games.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Dazzler21 said:

As of today....

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Philips 2019

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Patrick Bauer 2019
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019

Mark Marshall 2019
    Tariqe Fosu 2019

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019
    Karlan Grant 2019

Clarke has been out injured since last year, he's not expected back in training for another 6 weeks, so it could easily be 3 months before he's fully match fit to play in league games.
    Clarke the exception.
  • edited August 2018
    next summer could be fun. Just 6 players with contracts that extend past June next year.

The Aussies had better have a big war chest as thats a hell of a lot of new players that will have to be signed as I doubt many if the out of conteact ones will be sticking around.

I can see us doing a Leyton Orient & be in the National League in a few years
  • bobcafc7 said:

Dazzler21 said:

As of today....

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Philips 2019

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Patrick Bauer 2019
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2019

Mark Marshall 2019
    Tariqe Fosu 2019

Strikers

Josh Magennis 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019
    Karlan Grant 2019

I'd add Reeves as well, he's barely had a pre-season so add a month on to his recuperation once he's fit - Bowyer (as shown with Fosu being injured again) doesnt seem the sort to simply throw a player back into the action the moment they're fit
  • Sponsored links:

• Fosu is also out injured with an undiagnosed problem from last season. Djiksteel has recovered from pneumonia but is sidelined with a mystery illness which caused it initially, and left him too tired to train. Quite likely glandular fever which will probably rule him out for the season.

Worring that both these issues were identified at least a fortnight ago and no updates from they club. Are they still undiagnosed?
  • So to summarise we officially have a first team squad of 18 players. That squad contains the following:

Only 1 goalkeeper
    A left back who is injury prone
    A right back who has missed over 50 games in 2 seasons.
    A right back/midfielder recovering from pneumonia.
    A defensive midfielder who isn't match fit.
    3 attacking midfielders who are all injured.
    A striker who is injured for 3 months.
    Another striker supposedly about to be sold
    And our new star striker who isn't fully fit yet

What a season this is going to be.
  • Sadly, not one of our 1st team would get into the Millwall first eleven at the moment. Last year Amos would have done and maybe Ricky Holmes. Feel like whacking my head against the wall! Roland's legacy!
  • edited August 2018

Fosu is also out injured with an undiagnosed problem from last season. Djiksteel has recovered from pneumonia but is sidelined with a mystery illness which caused it initially, and left him too tired to train. Quite likely glandular fever which will probably rule him out for the season.

Worring that both these issues were identified at least a fortnight ago and no updates from they club. Are they still undiagnosed?

Glandular Fever is horrible having had it myself in 2014. Lost a load of weight, had no energy whatsoever and was in hospital for a bit too. Was told I wasn’t allowed to take part in any sport for at least 3 months as I had a inflamed spleen which they were worried about.

If it was glandular fever, you would hope they would’ve picked that up early on through a simple blood test. I hope that he is on the mend, he looked okay on Saturday when watching the Norwich game, but he was only watching a game. Let’s hope Anfernee is back soon as I feel he could really do well this season if fit and given the opportunity.
  • The problem with glandular fever, is that if a serious athlete comes back too soon it can lead to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Career over. I know two people thus affected.
  • I'm not sure Page can be classed as injury prone, he's more accident prone as he's had a series of bizarre incidents...
  • se9addick said:

Vincenzo said:

I suppose Josh Umerah is U23s too. Seems to have been here forever without breaking through. Must be now or never.

Umerah must be about 32 by now!
    Just seen hes gone on loan for the season to Boreham Wood so that's one less option. Must be to free up some wages!