Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kate Bush - Happy Birthday

Comments

• Options
    Happy birthday, gorgeous.
  • Options
    Love Kates Bush...

Happy birthday.
  • Options

Happy Birthday was by Altered Images not Kate Bush....get your 80's tunes right.

Kate Bushs dad was my doctor when I was a kid. The lead singer from Altered Images is the cousin of the guy in the office next to me.

Almost famous.
  • Options
    Saw a post earlier that made a reference (in jest I believe), to Kate once having a soft spot for Charlton....now I’m not 100% sure of this, but I believe that may well be true.
    Just something at the back in my mind that somewhere along the line she did watch us at The Valley on a few occasions......maybe something to do with the crowd she hung out with from Blackheath or a boyfriend she had at the time.
    I believe her father also had a medical practise in Brockley, as well as living there.
  • Options
    Her parents lived at the Upper Wickham Lane and of Wickham Street for a while.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure her Dad was the club Doctor at one time?
  • Options

Her parents lived at the Upper Wickham Lane and of Wickham Street for a while.

Yep - just around the corner from where I lived in Swingate Lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm pretty sure her Dad was the club Doctor at one time?

Not heard that before?

• Options
    Her first ever gig was in Lee.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Wow! wow! wow! Unbelievable! :wink:

Her GP Dad Dr Bush had a surgery in Abbey Wood.

It’s true. He was the family GP & I remember going there when I was a kid.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The Rose of Lee?

• Options

seth plum said:

The Rose of Lee?

Yes.
  • Options
    Yeah. I can always remember my mum saying that her family’s doctor was Kate Bush’s dad.
  • Options

Saw a post earlier that made a reference (in jest I believe), to Kate once having a soft spot for Charlton....now I’m not 100% sure of this, but I believe that may well be true.
    Just something at the back in my mind that somewhere along the line she did watch us at The Valley on a few occasions......maybe something to do with the crowd she hung out with from Blackheath or a boyfriend she had at the time.
    I believe her father also had a medical practise in Brockley, as well as living there.

@Goonerhater may be able to help, if he wants to share
  • Options
    Has a new compilation box set in the pipeline called "Withering Hits"
  • Options
    I knew her when she was 14-15 living in Wickham Street. She was quite shy. I also bumped into her at a recording studio in Catford in about 1977 before she became famous. She had been doing some demos. Can’t say I knew her well but well enough for her to remember the scruffy litle urchin working at Bin-A-Way in Wickham St during the school holidays. I personally love 50 words for Snow myself.
  • Options

Has a new compilation box set in the pipeline called "Withering Hits"

More like Withering Tits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love a bit of Bush!
  • Options
    Love a bit of Bush!
    The running up the hill music video increases natural love for some nice bush 
  • Options
    The power of modern social media,

I always get annoyed when I see crap modern artists have a billion views on their songs and when I see actual talents like Kate Bush not have anywhere near the numbers. Just goes to show there still would be room for music like that in modern society, there’s still hope 
  • Options
    The power of modern social media,

I always get annoyed when I see crap modern artists have a billion views on their songs and when I see actual talents like Kate Bush not have anywhere near the numbers. Just goes to show there still would be room for music like that in modern society, there’s still hope 
    Power of Netflix in this case.
  • Options
    Loved the duet with Peter Gabriel, super talent and a lovely lady/ woman. 
  • Options
    Very talented artist. Some great songs. My favourite is Cloudbusting but I must admit I have always had a soft spot for Babooshka, especially the video.
  • Options
    Amazing talent and great to see new interest through these newfangled ways of watching the telly and social media - something she doesn't engage with much.
    A personal favourite has always been Army Dreamers, and for a cover of a Kate Bush song, Placebo's version of Running up that Hill is a pretty decent effort.
  • Options
    Best concert I’ve ever been to, very lucky to have seen her live a few years back.

the scene in Stranger Things where Running up that Hill features, is some of the best TV of a generation 
  • Options
    In which episode of Stranger Things 4 is 'Running Up That Hill?' I've already watched the first two episodes. I'm amazed that so many people have already got so far into the series for this to happen.