Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fantasy Football - Secret Weapons

Hi All,

Which cheap / cheapish players will be this year's surprise package and fly up the points chart?
I have Charlie Austin as my surprise package, and just pray he has an injury free season.....

Comments

• My team is wank at mo could do with a few tips tbh lol
  • Andre Gray has been in good form in pre season and likely to start especially with Deeney rumoured to be off and Watford playing 2 up. Callum Wilson also likely to start and both clubs have on paper easy starts. Hopefully my old mucka MCA doesn't read this anymore or he might stand a chance of actually beating me for once.
  • My one cheap player is Zohore, reckon he will play most games and usually a goal threat. Might be used more on the bench but will play if tough games for one of the other 2.

Still might end up changing it, feel there is a lack of decent strikers this year so gone midfield heavy. Think Everton will be a hard team to breakdown too so Pickford and/or Everton defenders might be a good shout for reasonable price.
  • I've gone with a bolder strategy than usual this year and stacked my team with Salah; Kane; Eriksen; and Aubameyang.

In terms of "secret" weapons - maybe Sessegnon? I have also gone for Lascelles as a cheap versatile defender, same with Schindler; Tarkowski; and Dunk.
  • PaddyP17 said:

I've gone with a bolder strategy than usual this year and stacked my team with Salah; Kane; Eriksen; and Aubameyang.

In terms of "secret" weapons - maybe Sessegnon? I have also gone for Lascelles as a cheap versatile defender, same with Schindler; Tarkowski; and Dunk.

Sessegnon isn't cheap on the premier league one, did think of him as an option. Doesn't feel there will be many unless you pick out a outperforming lower team.
  • PaddyP17 said:

I've gone with a bolder strategy than usual this year and stacked my team with Salah; Kane; Eriksen; and Aubameyang.

Sessegnon isn't cheap on the premier league one, did think of him as an option. Doesn't feel there will be many unless you pick out a outperforming lower team.
    He's in my team along with the others I've mentioned!

My only shortcoming is third striker - went with a cheap nobody
  • Alireza Jahanbakhsh or Gros from Brighton looks like gems
    Depending on how Wolves play their striker Raul Jiminez could bag a few too

• Sponsored links:

• Yeah I have RAUL Jiminez as a cheap third striker. Zaha is only 7m in the Premier League one which could turn out to be a bargain.
  • Back in the days of proper fantasy football where there was an auction and only one person could have each player, Ruel Fox and Robbie Earle were my secret weapons.

Pick em cheap in the late rounds and watch them pile on the points.

probably doesn't help here though.
  • Phil Jones.
  • MOBY DUCK said:

Wolves have a lot of cheapish punts worth considering: Costa(5.0) & Jota(6.5) will probably play in a front 3.
    Boly(4.5) has some set piece goals in him, Jonny(4.5) and Docherty(4.5) will probably play as wing backs and get higher up the pitch. Jiminez(5.5) is decent. Bennet(4.0) looks like he might be starting the season. Lots worth considering.

If you can stomach it, Palace also have well priced options: Milivojevic(6.5) is a lot of player for the money, Tompkins(4.5) has set piece threat, Schlupp(4.5) is currently playing out of position in midfield and scored in pre-season, Wan Bissaka(4.0) looks like he's going to start the season as first choice LB. Infact there's a few 4.0 defenders that look tempting. I've already mentioned Bennet & Wan Bissaka, but also Peltier and Bednarek look like they're going to be starters. Schelotto is not first choice, but is quite likely to get some starts as the season goes on.

Fraser(5.5) at Bournemouth has been playing in a front 3 and has some great early fixtures.
    Mitrovic(6.5) at Fulham is their Talisman, probably on pens, set pieces, corners.
    Maddison(6.5) at Leicester is worth keeping tabs on.

Just when I thought I'd settled on a team this year, another forum pointed out this twitter link.
    Apparently, this team could have scored 2552 points and won @OfficialFPL last season without using a single chip or making a single transfer.

So, back to the drawing board then.........

some good advice moby, thanks
  • Slightly off theme. I was trying to put together a team made of players who have, at some point in the past, worn a Charlton shirt. Could only come up with 8: Pope, Elliot, Gomez, Francis, Shelvey, Arter, Lookman and Defoe. Any more to add? I realise this list has injuries and loans in it, already.
  • edited August 2018

Slightly off theme. I was trying to put together a team made of players who have, at some point in the past, worn a Charlton shirt. Could only come up with 8: Pope, Elliot, Gomez, Francis, Shelvey, Arter, Lookman and Defoe. Any more to add? I realise this list has injuries and loans in it, already.

Ben Hamer. Carl Jenkinson. Gudmundsson. Dale Stephens
  • Slightly off theme. I was trying to put together a team made of players who have, at some point in the past, worn a Charlton shirt. Could only come up with 8: Pope, Elliot, Gomez, Francis, Shelvey, Arter, Lookman and Defoe. Any more to add? I realise this list has injuries and loans in it, already.

Jenkinson

Gudmundsson and Dale Stephens
  • Jota looks a sneaky one to me this season. £6.5m and has been playing as a centre forward in a front three but FPL has him listed as a MID. Not sure who of the budget forwards to take a punt on this year. Currently opting with Callum Wilson but not sure how much he's going to play.

• Sponsored links:

You will have lots of money to spare, also wont be very high up in any of your leagues lol

You will have lots of money to spare, also wont be very high up in any of your leagues lol
    Hamer & Stephens
  • edited August 2018
    Really hard to pick your first Fantasy squad, as with so many new signings, it's not obvious who will actually be first choice players. Especially as a few star names may be rested for a couple of weeks due to the World Cup
  • I've gone for Adama Traore, Sessegnon and Chambers as my punts.
  • My team is

De Gea
    Bekovic

Sakho
    Seamus Coleman
    Dunk
    Mendy
    Alexander Arnold

Shelvey
    Sane
    Erikson
    Felipe Anderson