Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Sunderland v Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    So, new season nothing fookin changes.

We fall into a barrel of tits and come out sucking our thumbs...

Give em all 10 as a sympathy vote
  • Options
    Phillips: 6
    Solly: 6
    Bauer: 7
    Pearce: 7
    Page: 6
    Marshall: 6
    Aribo: 6
    Pratley: 6.5
    Lapslie: 6
    Taylor: 6
    Grant: 6
  • Options

Telly

Bauer: 6
    Pearce: 6
    Aribo: 7.5
    Pratley: 7 Just what we need
    Lapslie: 6.5 Good energy
    Taylor: 7 better than Josh
    Grant: 7 fed off scraps in 2nd half
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Very impressed with our play in the first half. Too many semi-fit players and youngsters to last through the second and nothing on the bench. They can all be proud.

Phillips: 5
    Page: 5
    Aribo: 7
    Pratley: 6
    Lapslie: 5
    Taylor: 8
    Grant: 8
  • Options
    Phillips: 5
    Aribo: 8
    Taylor: 8
    Grant: 8

These marks would have been higher based on first half only
  • Options
    Phillips: 7
    Solly: 7
    Marshall: 7
    Lapslie: 7
    Taylor: 7
    Grant:7
  • Options
    Phillips: 6.5 two good saves maybe unsighted for goal.
    Solly: 6.5 battled on
    Bauer: 6.5 under the cosh 2nd half
    Pearce:6.5 over the top tackle which did for him.
    Page: 6.5 lost his man for goal. Good to see him play 90 mins.
    Marshall: 6 tries hard.
    Aribo: 7 talent
    Pratley: 7 decent but was always going to struggle to go the distance
    Lapslie: 6.5 faded 2 nd half but lively 1st.
    Taylor: 6.5 took penalty well.
    Grant: 6.5 very good 1st half.
  • Options
    Bauer: 6.5
    Pratley: 7
    Grant: 6.5
  • Options
    Phillips: 4
    Page: 7
    Aribo: 6
    Taylor: 7.5
    Grant: 7.5
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Stream.

I'm adjusting my ratings this year to have a 6 be the baseline instead of 6.5 from last year to hopefully bring me better in line with other posters.

Phillips: 5.5 - A couple of good saves but at fault for the goal (which is basically a -1). One mistake doesn't make him not good enough though.

Solly: 6.5 - He defended well and I think it's a fact of life with Solly these days that the less running he has to do the better he looks.

Bauer: 6 - Started slowly and nearly caught napping from a corner. Improved as the game went on and his willingness to defend Sinclair 1-v-1 at the edge of the penalty area, stop Sinclair from getting at goal, and block his shot, is what makes him such a good defender.

Pearce: 6 - On the opener he missed his interception and then was very slow to close down the shot. He also had one of those bookings at the halfway line where the attacker is 60 yards from goal facing his own goal where a challenge seems unnecessary.

Page: 6 - Solid if unspectacular. Seemed to tire and one of the players at fault for the winner.

Marshall: 6.5 - Put in a good shift but the player who scored 10 goals the season before last, including some real spectacular ones, seems a distant memory at this point.

Aribo: 7.5 MOTM - Has such lovely ability and skill. It's a shame he didn't have JFC alongside him to play with him. Still lacks a killer pass and God help us if he gets hurt.

Pratley: 7 - He looked slow and tired toward the end (I think those two are related and down to a lack of a pre-season). I think he's going to turn out to be a very good signing.

Lapslie: 6.5 - Grew into the game well. He did so much thankless running to create space for others and to close down and to help link midfield and attack. He lacked that little bit of technical quality early on but there were moments where he showed it's there. I don't think he's ready to play central midfield in a 4-4-2 which he seemed to be doing late in the game. But I was impressed, and I absolutely understand why people like sethplum say he must be a dream to play with.

Taylor: 7 - Looked an absolute nightmare to defend against in the first half, then ran out of legs. During pre-season and in this game I've been impressed with his technical ability and ability on the ball. The bad news is we only have two signings, the good news both of them look shrewd.

Grant: 7 - Caused them so many problems in the first half and then the service dried up. Deservers a lot of credit for the runs he made late in the game. Looks a completely different player to the one who started last year.

Sarr: n/a
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips: 5. He might have made a save you would expect him to make but the first goal was shocking. He should have gone on loan for the last two years but bench warming has hindered his development.
    Aribo: 7.5. Bye joe, good luck at wherever you end up next week
    Pratley: 6.5. Faded and needed to be substituted. Shame we didn’t have any! cheers Roland you twat
    Lapslie: 6.5 see Pratley comment
    Taylor: 6.5 see Pratley comment
    Grant: 6.5. Disappeared as Sunderland took control
  • Options
  • Options
    Phillips: 4
    Page: -6
    Lapslie: 5
    Grant: 7
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Phillips: 6 should have done better with first goal
    Solly: 7 battled well all game
    Bauer: 6 ball watched too many times
    Pearce: 6.5 did okay
    Page: 7 not to blame for 2nd goal, it was Aribo who didn’t track Gooch
    Marshall: 6 needs to improve final ball
    Aribo: 6 switched off at let Gooch run into box for 2nd goal. Looks okay going forwards, not so good defending
    Pratley: 6.5 good player but already concerned about burn out as nobody to replace him
    Lapslie: 7.5 first time I’ve seen him and was impressed
    Taylor: 7 great first half, tired second half
    Grant: 7 good first half, passenger second half

• Options
    Page: 7
  • Options
    Solly: 7.5 MOM
    Marshall: 6.5
    Taylor: 6.5
  • Options

Solly: 6.5
    Page: 6 a bit generous perhaps, but he played on with a knock

• Options
    At the game

Phillips: 5.5
    Page: 6.5
    Pratley: 6.5

• Options
    Marshall: 5.5
    Aribo: 5
    Pratley: 5
    Lapslie: 6.5
  • Options
    Pearce: 6.5
    Aribo: 8
    Pratley: 7.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips: 6.5 made a couple of very good saves, don’t understand the criticism he has got to be honest.
    Solly: 7 battled on, strong and brave. Done well for a right centre back for the first time.
    Bauer: 6.5 just so calm, not sure if he is too calm sometimes but didn’t really make any errors from what I can remember.
    Pearce: 6 hope he is alright with the injury, a part of me thinks we wouldn’t have conceded their winner if he was on the pitch, albeit nothing against Sarr.
    Page: 6 thought he got fouled plenty of times to no free kicks being awarded. Got forward well but skinned a couple of times.
    Marshall: 7 got back and forward very well in that wing back role. A couple of times he could’ve done better but defensively was decent.
    Aribo: 8 probably our best player. Technically very good, physically has come on leaps and bounds. Got the potential to run a game but needs to release the ball quicker at times.
    Pratley: 7 tired as the game went on and that was so obvious which meant we dropped deeper but first half especially I thought we saw him do really well and was important to our success.
    Lapslie: 6.5 for a debut he should be proud, some excellent touches in the first half and maybe should’ve scored with a chance that he side footed. Tired as well, but going to have a good future.
    Taylor: 7.5 scored the goal and looked a threat with Grant first half. Again one of the many that tired. Hopefully we will be better in a couple of weeks once these players gain minutes and fitness.
    Grant: 7 first half excellent, second half was not the same, but then again our attacking threat was rigid and broke down too easily second half so would go some way to explain that.
  • Options
    Phillips: 7
    Solly: 5.5
    Bauer: 6
    Pearce: 6
    Page: 6
    Marshall: 6.5
    Aribo: 7
    Pratley: 7
    Lapslie: 6.5
    Taylor: 6
    Grant: 6.5
  • Options

Taylor: 7.5

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Aribo: 7 Killer pass lacking
    Pratley: 6.5 Will soon dominate matches
    Taylor: 7 Didn’t tire, was nobbled by a stamp.

Average over two halves. If they hadn't tired in last 20 mins and earned at least a point I would have give outfield players and extra point each.
  • Options

What spirit! Made me very proud, cant go below 7 on any player.

Phillips: 7 (One soft goal, a couple of really good saves)
    Solly: 8,5 (Please stay healthy!)
    Bauer: 7 (Stood off to much before 1-1)
    Pearce: 7,5 (A couple of bad challenges, but mostly very good ones)
    Page: 7 (Asked to do too much, should never have played all nearly 100 minutes)
    Marshall: 8 (Despite set pieces, great preformance)
    Aribo: 8,5 (Clearly the best player on the pitch for 60 min, faded a bit)
    Pratley: 8,5 (Not fit?)
    Lapslie: 9,5 MOM (Unbelievable running defensively, give him the ball more often on the attack!)
    Taylor: 7,5 (Work on your left foot!)
    Grant: 7,5 (Great 1st half)

Are you Lapslie's Dad?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Phillips: 5.5 - did ok but that 1st goal should of been saved.
    Solly: 7 - some great blocks to help out his centre backs.
    Bauer: 6- not close enough to his man but tbf the bloke he was marking kept falling over whenever he came near him.
    Pearce: 6 - hope the injury is nothing serious. our only real leader. organisation after that corner for their goal might have been better had he been there.
    Page: 5.5 - some poor challenging from him and to him by their players. he tried his best with little cover but hid did get beaten down the wing a few times.
    Marshall: 7 - defensively sound. make a great full back. helped out when solly had to go inside to fill a gap. attacking wise pretty poor. why is he the only one who can take a corner?
    Aribo: 7.5 - has that quality that can look majestic at times. he seems to added a bit of tackling to his game which is a huge bonus. not always in the game though.
    Pratley: 6 - first half he was closer to their players and wining the ball back. second half he struggled as the game went on. seemed to get deeper and go missing.
    Lapslie: 7 - real energy at times. harassed them. should of blasted that chance with his laces rather than his side foot.
    Taylor: 6.5 - looks good at holding the ball up especially to feet and linking with others. went out the game.
    Grant: 6 - first half great, caused no end of problems for their defenders with his running. second half struggled to get in the game. some poor touches when he did get the ball and was no use as an outlet.
  • Options
    Phillips: 6.5
    Solly: 6.5
    Marshall: 6.5
  • Options
    Phillips: 7.5
    Aribo: 8.5
    Lapslie: 7.5
  • Options
    Phillips: 6 - A few good saves, his view was blocked by Bauer and Pearce for the first goal
    Solly: 6 - Shown signs of the old solly at times
    Bauer: 5 - Needless fouls, not up to his best
    Pearce: 5- Again, needless fouls. Needed his leadership for extra time though.
    Page: 6 - Good going forward, glad he’s not injured.
    Marshall: 6 - Work so hard and was great defensive cover down our right but no end product.
    Aribo: 6 - A bright spark for cafc but again end product was a bit wanting.
    Pratley: 6 - Consdiering he was ball rusty according to Bowyer, I liked his steely performance, gives us something different.
    Lapslie: 6 - Very solid debut in my opinion, work tirelessss and a few good passes
    Taylor: 6 - never stopped running, a real threat
    Grant: 6 - Great shift, excellent first touch to breakaway and win the pen

We needed quality on the bench to replace the hard workers, that’s what cost us.. a positive performance however.

ROLAND OUT