Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wembley

BDLBDL
edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Went to the "New" Wembley with the Mrs. last night to see George Michael.

Why is it that 50,000 people in the seats can stand, jump, scream and shout when football fans are banned from doing anything but sit?

Bloody ridiculous!

Comments

• Options
    As my missus is a massive Wham fan I had to watch the documentary on C4 Satdee night.

Audience looked either female 30-40, or gay, nothing else.

Was supposed to be going to Muse at Wemberley on Saturday but cant go, absolutely gutted
  • Options
    my housemate went last night and said he was a bit disappointed.

He said it was alright, not the spectacular event he expected. he said there were no dancers, no fireworks, no flames, no ticker tape, no fly pasts. nothing to truly celebrate the inaugural concerts at Wembley.

he did say George was really good but he was only on for hour & a half, concert was finished by 10
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]As my missus is a massive Wham fan

what does she think of the whole Tevez situation?
  • Options
    LOL

Sounds like one of George's park mates.

She always liked the other fella, claims she always reckoned George was gay, yeah righto love.
  • Options
    nice one WSS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]my housemate went last night and said he was a bit disappointed.

He said it was alright, not the spectacular event he expected. he said there were no dancers, no fireworks, no flames, no ticker tape, no fly pasts. nothing to truly celebrate the inaugural concerts at Wembley.

he did say George was really good but he was only on for hour & a half, concert was finished by 10

I watched the TV show on saturday- George Michael was a wonderful performer, but he is definately past it now and performing with his business head on rather than for the love of it.

A couple of my friends backed him in the earlier Wham gigs, amongst most of the big names of the time, and said he was a cut above all the rest of the big names at the time.
  • Options
    Have to say that the Mrs. loved it.

He came on at 7.40 -played for an hour - went off for 20 mins came back at 9 and played another full hour - 2 song encore. It was good, but not as spectacular as it could should have been.

Took us about an hour to get to Wembley Park from the Stadium.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite][quote
    A couple of my friends backed him in the earlier Wham gigs

Hampstead Heath?