Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League season (18/19)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Clearly no one told that one Leeds defender about the plan to let Villa score
    He then got a major bollocking from his own team-mate for attempting to challenge the Villa player.
  • Options
    Always thought it silly this unwritten rule about kicking the ball out. Unless it's a head injury or an obviously bad injury (and players will know if that's the case) play should just go on.
  • Options
    Amazing that the Sheffield United squad is entirely made up of British and Irish players, that must be unique in the EFL.

Seeing them and Norwich promoted is good for football as it shows that you don't need to spend a fortune on transfers and wages to reach the PL, 2 well run clubs
  • Options
    I don’t think Leeds did anything wrong. Play to the whistle. 
  • Options
    I don't think they did anything wrong in playing on, as it clearly wasn't a head injury. But the Leeds player did practically almost stop which gave the impression he was about to kick it out, Villa then all stopped........and then he played on. 
  • Options
    I don't think they did anything wrong in playing on, as it clearly wasn't a head injury. But the Leeds player did practically almost stop which gave the impression he was about to kick it out, Villa then all stopped........and then he played on. 
    That's the problem with the current situation, nobody is sure whether to play on or not. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48026965

(Chris) Wilder has now won promotion from the Conference, League Two, League One and the Championship.
  • Options
    99.9% of the time players know when to kick it out, and they do. Let’s not make excuses for Leeds’ absolute shithousery here.
  • Options
    That's the problem with the current situation, nobody is sure whether to play on or not. 
    It's an awkward situation that some players/teams will exploit if they can.

If the ref stops play every time then what if a team is breaking away and a defender decides to go to ground holding his head.

Fair do to Leeds that they let Villa score.

Years ago Arsenal had a similar incident but didn't let the opposition score. They were shamed into having a replay. 
  • Options
    Here's the sending off.

https://streamable.com/5499k 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Here's the sending off.

https://streamable.com/5499k 
    Also available on page 7  ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Dull, nothing club who will play nothing but dull games next year. Hate watching Norwich on MOTD
    Presumably you've not watched them this season ?
    They've been the most entertaining team to watch in the country.
    They've scored a lot of last minute goals, but Leeds play much more entertaining football.

Norwich v Burnley/Brighton/Bournemouth on Super Sunday next year will be absolute dross.
    Norwich F 91 A 56
    Leeds    F 71 A 47

29 more goals in Norwich games.
    Norwich are far more entertaining than Leeds.
    I say that having watched all of both teams TV games this season and all of the highlights of both.
    It's not even close.
  • Options
    Looks like a retro ban in order. Just in time for the playoffs!
  • Options
    Will the Villa red card be rescinded or will the EFL deem that the push is a sending off still?
  • Options
    Hope Villa smash them in the play-offs.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Dull, nothing club who will play nothing but dull games next year. Hate watching Norwich on MOTD
    Presumably you've not watched them this season ?
    They've been the most entertaining team to watch in the country.
    They've scored a lot of last minute goals, but Leeds play much more entertaining football.

Norwich v Burnley/Brighton/Bournemouth on Super Sunday next year will be absolute dross.
    Norwich F 91 A 56
    Leeds    F 71 A 47

29 more goals in Norwich games.
    Norwich are far more entertaining than Leeds.
    I say that having watched all of both teams TV games this season and all of the highlights of both.
    It's not even close.
    Fair enough CE, my own prejudice tainting the facts. Maybe get out a bit more next season though...
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Will the Villa red card be rescinded or will the EFL deem that the push is a sending off still?
    Yes if the 2 of them end up playing each other in the playoffs that is one (or 2) game(s) I am definitely going to make time to watch  
  • Options
    For a while I wanted Leeds to go up so they wouldn't be on Sky so often, but nah here's hoping they fail. 
  • Options
    If only players knew the rules there wouldn't be a problem.  Why did the Villa Players think the ball should be put out of play for a leg injury ?
    Unless you hear a crack, or a head injury why stop playing ?
    The rules are clear.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    It's an awkward situation that some players/teams will exploit if they can.

If the ref stops play every time then what if a team is breaking away and a defender decides to go to ground holding his head.

Fair do to Leeds that they let Villa score.

Years ago Arsenal had a similar incident but didn't let the opposition score. They were shamed into having a replay. 

IIRC the problem on that occasion (Arse v Blades in a cup tie at Highbury) was that Sheff Utd had put the ball out of play, deep in their own half, so that a player could get treatment.

When Arsenal restarted play instead of giving the ball back to Sheff Utd they kept to themselves and scored.

Steve Bruce was the Blades manager and had a bit of a row with Arsene Wenger; play was held up for some time as Bruce probably wanted his players to walk off the pitch. I think the match was played to a finish (eventually).

In the following days Arsenal offered a replay to Sheff Utd because of the controversy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Leeds don't go up this season, they might not threaten for a while.
    Despite his denials to the contrary, Andre Radrizzani is cash poor as his company, Eleven Sports, goes down the toilet, and might sell in the off-season. I notice how he keeps telling anyone who will listen that the club is now worth over £100M.
    Their manager Bielsa says he will leave if they don't go up this season.
    Kemar Roofe and Kalvin Phillips might leave to the PL in the off-season, one way or the other.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Yep change Norwich for Charlton and the whole football world would be buzzing ! 
  • Options
    Frank Lampard's Derby only draw against Swansea tonight, so the race for the last playoff place is still open between Derby, Boro and Bristol City

Derby face WBA on Sunday, but will WBA be saving themselves for the playoffs? Boro face Rotherham which should be an easy win, so Derby will need the win
  • Options
    Bamford giving a 2 game ban for successful deception of a match official

• Options
    Bamford giving a 2 game ban for successful deception of a match official

Good ... but not long enough.
  • Options
    Frank Lampard's Derby only draw against Swansea tonight, so the race for the last playoff place is still open between Derby, Boro and Bristol City

Derby face WBA on Sunday, but will WBA be saving themselves for the playoffs? Boro face Rotherham which should be an easy win, so Derby will need the win
    Let’s hope it’s Middlesbrough and that they get promoted. We are going up and Middlesbrough is  a long journey for an away game