Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The new away shirt

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Rumours elsewhere suggest this will be light and dark blue stripes.

Views ?

Comments

• Options
    We have had worse, if it is true then I would hope that they are fairly broad stripes.
  • Options
    Our away shirt should be White with a little Red and/ or possibly some Black-

Blue should not feature on our shirt at all!!!!!!!!!

(now i'll get off the fence)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]

Blue should not feature on our shirt at all!!!!!!!!!

That is my view. Why anyone wants to associate us with blue, i just don't understand.
  • Options
    No problems with it here. We've played in blue before (Woolwich kit?) and there have been a few shockers over the years. Worst IMO was the Dark green/red/white hooped effort. YUCK!
  • Options
    I quite like the blue/black Woolwich number in the early 90's.

Our away kit should be white shirt, black shorts like the one from a year or two back. That kit never got worn enough.

Only kit ive bought since MESH.

You can poke your yellow ones.
  • Options
    My favourite shirt of the last few years was the white away shirt that preceded the gold and black monstrosity that we had last season.
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Our away shirt should be White with a little Red and/ or possibly some Black-
    quote]

So I agree, but until I see the rumoured blue job I shall not jump to assumptions.
  • Options
    I am not up for blue......
    red,white and blue army just dont sound right to me
  • Options
    My favourite away shirt was the ecru one. Although i do like the all black one but isn't that now becoming the 3rd kit.
    I agree that we shouldn't have blue though.
  • Options
    ecru!
  • Options
    blue = no.....we do not play in blue !!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]ecru!

Ok the cream coloured one then. I liked it anyway!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I liked the blue Woolwich kit but apart from that, our away shirt should be WHITE!!!
  • Options
    I liked the old Bukta one yellow with light blue trim

Infact that home and away was wicked
  • Options
    No blue - NO NO NO!!!

What on earth have we got to do with blue?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]ecru!

Ok the cream coloured one then. I liked it anyway!
    No, no it is ecru and it was the best!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Rumours elsewhere suggest this will be light and dark blue stripes.

Views ?

Copying the Catford Southend strip of the early/mid thirties? Wasn't their strip light and dark blue?

Agree blue shouldn't be our away strip. Red for home, white for away and then black or maybe yellow for third.
  • Options
    Call me old fashioned but why don't clubs just always play in their (normal) colours when away unless there is a clash.

Oh yes- more replica shirts sold- silly me!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The changing of replica shirts is getting stupid a la Man United in the mid 1990s. Spurs, for example, having just changed their kits (x3) last Summer have now brought out four brand new strips for their centenary. So that's SEVEN new strips in just 12 months. It seems now every team changes at least one of their kits every Summer to maximise profit on merchandising. I think it's a rip off personally but then again that's the monster that is modern football for you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite] I think it's a rip off personally but then again that's the monster that is modern football for you.

But like everything else, it will only be the bigger clubs that benefit from it.

I think our new strip will sell badly, and i say that without having even seen it. Mike Ashley and Sports World has opened up a completely new market, the sports goods industry is ten times more competitive than it was 5 years ago, and people are not paying for sporting goods like they used to and are seeking value.

When you can pick up decent quality YSL polo shirts for £11 etc, how many people will go and pay £28 for a Charlton/Joma polo shirt, and up to £40 for a shirt ?
  • Options
    NO TO BLUE!!!!!

I have had a real hang up over the clubs reasons for using blue!!! Even for the women's wear - I can't remember the last time they did an item of clothing that was Red and White!!!

The season before last it was all Blue and Pink - season just gone it was Olive Green - I mean Jeez I'm a Charlton Supporter, I'm a Woman and YES I want to wear Red and White - not all the other horrible colours that the club insist on churning out.

Rant Over!!

;-)

Mx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone actually confirmed it will be blue yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Has anyone actually confirmed it will be blue yet?
    AFKA and Henry are in cahoots to get us all worked up just to be pleasantly relieved when the released kit is a nice lime green colour
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Has anyone actually confirmed it will be blue yet?

It is light blue and dark blue stripes. FACT :-(
  • Options
    and the design of the shirt is a bit like this one

_42980105_pearson416.jpg
  • Options
    don't know why we just don't be done with it and replace one of the blue stripes for red ones....
  • Options
    I like Blue. It will look different.