Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Man City Documentary

Anyone seen it?

I haven't got Amazon Prime , but sounds quite interesting look into last season at City, i think its a one episode a week job reading the article, i've read the book on Guardiola @ Bayern Munch, and have also got the Blue cover book on his season @ City, which i haven't yet read.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45219085

«1

Comments

  • All 8 episodes available now
  • Binge viewing this in the next few days, the All or Nothing I've seen previously have been excellent.
  • Looking forward to it !
  • Oh for a couple of billion quid eh?
  • interesting .. apart from Pep's overacting being a bit of a blot
  • Does anyone of a certain age remember the 1980 documentary "City"? It is one of my favourite pieces of TV of all times. It followed Malcolm Allison as it all fell apart for him at City - and then went to Palace. It probably looks very dated now, I think its a b-w production. It was one of the earliest to choose a contemporary rock track as a soundtrack, and it was an inspired choice, Steve Winwood's "Spanish Dancer", seemed like it was written especially for it.

    This will have to go some to match that in my book.
  • Sponsored links:


  • And bring your dinner
  • Both of those clips, sheer fucking poetry!
  • Really enjoyed the first few episodes - gives a great insight behind the scenes. Benjamin Mendy seems like a bloody great laugh!
  • Watched the first episode. A bit dull if I’m totally honest.
  • clive said:

    Does anyone of a certain age remember the 1980 documentary "City"? It is one of my favourite pieces of TV of all times. It followed Malcolm Allison as it all fell apart for him at City - and then went to Palace. It probably looks very dated now, I think its a b-w production. It was one of the earliest to choose a contemporary rock track as a soundtrack, and it was an inspired choice, Steve Winwood's "Spanish Dancer", seemed like it was written especially for it.

    This will have to go some to match that in my book.

    Good to see Tommy Caton in that video.
  • edited August 2018
    .
  • edited August 2018

    Watched the first episode. A bit dull if I’m totally honest.

    Agree. I turned it off. Nauseating how they try to build jeopardy around an injury to £50m fullback Mendy.
    Oh no, where will they get the money to replace him....?
    Meh
  • I watched the first episode and thought it was fantastic. Really good insight and seeing players how they naturally are rather than when a microphones shoved in their face
  • Watched the first episode, and much the same as some other views here in that it was a bit boring. The last football related film/series that I really liked was Jack to a King, about Swansea.

    What was the Peter Reid one from a few years ago called, anyone know?
  • Looking forward to watching this. The All or Nothing series have all been brilliant so far.
  • Sponsored links:


  • First 5-10 of episode 3 is a fascinating watch
  • Been watching it this evening. Has a few decent moments. Overall it is nothing special.
  • cafc83 said:

    Watched the first episode, and much the same as some other views here in that it was a bit boring. The last football related film/series that I really liked was Jack to a King, about Swansea.

    What was the Peter Reid one from a few years ago called, anyone know?

    Rise of the Planet of the Apes?
    Sounds about right with his ears to be fair :)

    It was premier passions, in 1998! 20 years ago, I feel old now...
  • I will watch this. What I am most interested in is how Pep manages people. I think smart managers will try to learn from what this series gives away.
  • If they do another one this year, the prime candidate would be Liverpool.
  • Had Ben Kingsley narrated as his character in Sexy Beast, it might've been mildly entertaining. Modern footballers and everything associated with them is dull.
  • Redskin said:

    Had Ben Kingsley narrated as his character in Sexy Beast, it might've been mildly entertaining. Modern footballers and everything associated with them is dull.

    No no no no no no no no no !
  • Rothko said:

    Binge viewing this in the next few days, the All or Nothing I've seen previously have been excellent.

    Can't beat the Small Faces.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!