Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Peterborough | Tue 21 Aug 2018

Comments

• Options
    Come on you red boys!!!!!!
  • Options
    2' Solly wins us the first corner of the evening...

#cafc 0 #pufc 0
  • Options
    Morning all...
  • Options

Morning all...

Morning, Mr Muir.

Get your finger out with the takeover, please!

• Options
    4'
    Foul by Darren Pratley (Charlton Athletic).

Posted at
    4'
    Matt Godden (Peterborough United) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Options
    Bloody posh commentators won't shut up...
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

First league home game I have missed for a while due to swollen knee. Reckon Posh will put 2 or 3 past us.

Not good enough. You need to watch through the pain :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2018

1StevieG said:

First league home game I have missed for a while due to swollen knee. Reckon Posh will put 2 or 3 past us.

Not good enough. You need to watch through the pain :-)
    You don’t need a gammy knee to do that!
  • Options
    1st home CL match thread of the season!

C'mon you Addicks!
  • Options
    Sky: both teams going for it and plenty of action, but equal play so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First victory of the evening:

There are more Charlton fans here than Posh fans ... just.

Every little helps, and all that.

Lord Bowyer's Red & White Army!
  • Options
    8' Full league debutant Albie Morgan thumps an effort at goal but it's well blocked by a man in blue.

#cafc 0 #pufc 0
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Bianca Westwood covering our match on Sky. Just counting the fans in the West Stand....
  • Options
    Bianca reporting for Sky observes that the game has started at a high intensity.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    SDAddick said:

If I were Peterborough I'd just overload on the flanks, especially on the left against Solly. We saw it with Shrewsbury's goal, it sounds like Stanley used it to good effect on Saturday. I just don't think Solly is up to it as a wingback, and looked as good as I can think of him playing in the last couple years on the right of a back three in the last couple games. But Croatia against England was the perfect template for how to break down a 5-3-2.

This team does give Bowyer the ability to go to a 4-4-2 diamond in midfield, Bielik holding, Aribo and Pratley in the shuttling roles and Morgan as the 10. I do like the diamond the only problem is its weakness, namely that it can be very narrow, is similar to that of the 5-3-2.

Don’t tell them Pike ;o)
  • Options
    9'
    Corner, Peterborough United. Conceded by Patrick Bauer.
  • Options
    Looks like Posh have no uptodate twitter
  • Options
    Posted at
    9'
    Attempt missed. Mark O'Hara (Peterborough United) left footed shot from the left side of the box is close, but misses to the left.
  • Options
    12' Aribo sends a deep cross into the box but the Posh get it clear.

#cafc 0 #pufc 0
  • Options
    Assume we are playing 3-5-2. Can anyone watching confirm that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posted at
    13'
    Foul by Darren Pratley (Charlton Athletic).

Posted at
    13'
    Jason Cummings (Peterborough United) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Options
    Working in Switzerland at the mo so watching the match on iFollow at the moment - have to say the quality is good and the commentary is far better than I expected (even though it’s obviously from the Peterborough fans’ perspective).
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

If I were Peterborough I'd just overload on the flanks, especially on the left against Solly.

We saw it with Shrewsbury's goal, it sounds like Stanley used it to good

Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

If I were Peterborough I'd just overload on the flanks, especially on the left against Solly.

We saw it with Shrewsbury's goal, it sounds like Stanley used it to good effect on Saturday. I just don't think Solly is up to it as a wingback,

Cor, whose side are you on?

Are you Karl Robinson in disguise?
    You'll be doing a pre-match video of our tactics next. :neutral:

If opposition teams are coming on to a fan forum literally one minute before kick off to figure out how to break down a 3-5-2, a formation that is literally older than I am, then it's cool, we got them right where we want them.
  • Options
    Posted at
    14'
    Attempt missed. Siriki Dembélé (Peterborough United) right footed shot from outside the box is too high from a direct free kick.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Working in Switzerland at the mo so watching the match on iFollow at the moment - have to say the quality is good and the commentary is far better than I expected (even though it’s obviously from the Peterborough fans’ perspective).

Where abouts?
  • Options
    Little Albie has made a lively start - some good passes and a couple of nicely-timed challenges.

• Options
    Wood scores again for R/ham
  • Options
    Gee is a big boy their keeper...
  • Options

Assume we are playing 3-5-2. Can anyone watching confirm that?

Certainly looks like it, Solly and Page wingbacks.

• Options

Gee is a big boy their keeper...

Shoot low close to his feet :wink: .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!