Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref tonight

Comments

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Apart from the not giving the same decisions our way he was giving them, and the fact there's no way he could have seen clearly it was a pen from where he was, I think he did alright. He got the result he wanted in the end.

Not his fault we didn't score or even create any half decent chances though.

Not his fault we didn't score, yes I agree but not create any half chances is bullshit
  • Options
    See a vid on Facebook of Bow going straight over to him at ghe final whistle, flanked with 2 security guards
  • Options
    Oh well, we could have gone up and been ripped a fresh one every week in the championship. Every cloud....
  • Options

See a vid on Facebook of Bow going straight over to him at ghe final whistle, flanked with 2 security guards

Covered end burst into a chorus of Bowyer knock him out bowyer bowyer knock him out
  • Options
    We always get shite Refs! Yes the EFL need to do something about it but it’s a problem with most EFL clubs...lets look at our own performance before slating Refs as a excuse for the loss tonight.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

We always get shite Refs! Yes the EFL need to do something about it but it’s a problem with most EFL clubs...lets look at our own performance before slating Refs as a excuse for the loss tonight.

Our performance was good.
    Lads put everything in
    We was unlucky not to score.

THE ONLY PERSON TO BLAME FOR DEFEAT IS THAT PRICK OF A REF
  • Options
    The players tried, they just aren't good as what we have come to expect.

I was happy with the side and performance for what we actually have.
  • Options

Covered end burst into a chorus of Bowyer knock him out bowyer bowyer knock him out
    Thats not a very responsible thing to do. I hope you werent one of them, Paulie
    No of course not.

I turned round and said thats not a nice thing to say and we should just look at our train timetables
    Good lad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That has to be one of the most appalling performance from a ref I have seen in ages. It was always going to be decided by him. Apart from Morgans booking the rest were a joke...even bowyer got booked first half. How many times did their players slide in for tackles, miss or loose it but remain grounded and he gave them a free kick..would not wish this berk on any team. Bowyer should send a tape to the football league.
  • Options
    I thought he missed the worse tackle of the game when Solly did their player on the touchline.

Just bizarre decisions all night but we did create enough clear cut chances.
  • Options
    Terrible performance. Books Bowyer but Evans does the same thing to the fourth official and constantly sarcastically applauded any free kick that actually when our way which was only a few, how the hell was he allowed to get away with it when one Bowyer outburst gets a booking.

The biggest con was their player slipping over when he was racing to the ball with Taylor and the ref gives a free kick peterborough's way.
  • Options
    When he booked Morgan he seemed to do it because of the reaction of their players to the foul. In the second half he hadn't given a foul and indicated that he was stopping the play due to a head injury but then gave them a free kick. Lots of strange decisions.
  • Options
    It’s league one

Shit players, shit refs.

• Options
    Sherlock said:

Terrible performance. Books Bowyer but Evans does the same thing to the fourth official and constantly sarcastically applauded any free kick that actually when our way which was only a few, how the hell was he allowed to get away with it when one Bowyer outburst gets a booking.

The biggest con was their player slipping over when he was racing to the ball with Taylor and the ref gives a free kick peterborough's way.

Seems from the post match managers comments; Evans did get a Yellow Card @ Half-Time too for having a go at the ref
  • Options
    When their fans met ours on floyd rd they were full of it. One fella in his 40s particularly giving it large til he caught my stare then preceded to make the peace by saying they weren’t really that good, just enjoying a run of luck, never a penalty blah blah blah!
    I said you’re making a lot of f.....g noise considering your not very good!
    I was fuming but never really thought I could be scary. Who knew :smile:
  • Options
    He totally lost control of the game. His decisions were a big mystery. We got some free kicks but bizarely half of them shouldn't have been. The ones the were free kicks never got given. They push us, we push back a little to hold our ground - free kick to Peterborough! Probably the worst refereeing display at the Valley ever
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No one's mentioned the handball in the second half. Looked nailed on to me but haven't seen a replay.
  • Options
    Didnt someone say that we were robbed in the FA Cup game against Wimbledon last season due to some bad refereeing decisions?

If so just want to point out that this Linington bloke has history being a c**t with us
  • Options
    Match fixing at its finest!

Couldn’t believe how many handballs in the box he missed, it was like basketball!
  • Options
    Joke of a ref.

Posh player goes down he waves play on the play then holds his head and he suddenly changes his mind a gives a foul.

Just one of many strange decisions.

How he could see the penalty from where he was as well
  • Options

Joke of a ref.

Posh player goes down he waves play on the play then holds his head and he suddenly changes his mind a gives a foul.

Just one of many strange decisions.

How he could see the penalty from where he was as well

But a blue shirt went down in the box so had to be a foul...

Every other time a blue shirt hit the deck it was a foul so why not then?
  • Options
    At 8:20 I texted my mate who was at the game that I didn't like the ref. I'm usually ok with refs but there was something about him. He definitely didn't like us for some reason. The benefit of the doubt always went Posh's way. I wasn't surprised when Bowyer got a yellow. Bizarre.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I’ll just leave this here:
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/referee-slams-fa-aston-villa-13624982

James Linington, who had dismissed Boro’s Adama Traore in the fourth minute for a rash challenge on Conor Hourihane, quickly reached for his red card to the dismay of Steve Bruce and the home support.

• Options
    edited August 2018