Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I never Realised how big we were

I guess we take things for granted, just went in net addicks and had alittle browse on ohter clubs boards, the main topic is the fixtures coming out on Thursday, Who they would like. The general opinion is that they would like us and if htey are they would be on TV, everyone is tipping us to go straight back us, with the odd dig from Col U and Hull, about PArkie.

Its a roll reversal on how we felt about Chelsea and Man U, i dont know if i should feel proud on how far we have come as a club, or worried as everyone will be raising there game againest us next season

Comments

• Options
    I'd be worried because they will all raise their game against us but will we be able to raise our game against them?
  • Options
    I agree totally, perhaps that s the thinking behind the recent signings, players, who will roll there sleves up and be up for the fight, i would be even more worried if we didnt have Pardew in charge, but i certainly think hs motivational skills are first class
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Overall we are not bigger as such than many of the clubs in the ccc, but we have spent virtually all of this century in the top flight so for one season at least we will possibly be seen as the big club of the division. If we don't bounce back immediately then such a standing will soon diminish; historically our pedigree does not stand out compared to some other ccc clubs.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Overall we are notbiggeras such than many of the clubs in the ccc, but we have spent virtually all of this century in the top flight so for one season at least we will possibly be seen as the big club of the division. If we don't bounce back immediately then such a standing will soon diminish; historically our pedigree does not stand out compared to some other ccc clubs.

V.true. We're not a big club, just currently the biggest draw in the division. Whichever way u look at it, it's still pretty exciting
  • Options
    aye - looking forward tot his season more than I have for 4 or 5 years!
  • Options
    Yep, all true...I just wonder how close the team this year is going to be to the one last year tho....chances are that we will be the same in name only....
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more guys. We are size -wise a ccc club. As the yids never tire of letting us know, however that is why beating teams like that was so sweet.

We don't want to fall into a trap of thinking we are above playing in this league as we will be viewed as a scalp for most other sides
  • Options
    ....Interesting......I wonder if it will be noticable on their gate figures?
  • Options
    i suspect we're also seen as a nice club they can visit and receive without hassle with supporters that generally mix well with everybody else, unless they're palace fans that seem to have a chip on their shoulders because they dont care about us...