Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mobiles

Getting my upgrade sorted this week, anyone got a newbie that's the dogs? ... thinking of the new Samsung U600 myself

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Getting my upgrade sorted this week, anyone got a newbie that's the dogs? ... thinking of the new Samsung U600 myself
    My niece got a cats mobile last week.
    Looks nice above her cot.
  • Options
    Saw some geezer at the weekend who had one of those touchscreen Prada phones which looked fab but you had to put it into a case to protect the touch screen & when you did that you then could not hear the bloomin thing ring. For looks though definately one of the best ones I have seen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Saw some geezer at the weekend who had one of those touchscreen Prada phones which looked fab but you had to put it into a case to protect the touch screen & when you did that you then could not hear the bloomin thing ring. For looks though definately one of the best ones I have seen.

My mates got a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone thats got the touch screen technology, 4GB internal memory for music. Lovely phone it is, though incredibly flash.
  • Options
    I've just upgraded to a Blackberry Curve. It's not too big and I can get my personal emails and, more importantly, access to Charlton Life. No problems getting access to the CL forum
  • Options
    My phone is about 4 years old and still does old-fashioned things called "telephone calls".
    It does have some flash new fangled "text" stuff that I haven't got to grips with yet.
  • Options
    The Nokia N-95 is the mutts if you're in to gadgets, the Sony Ericsson walkman phones are brilliant for music, the Prada phone is for girls (and is actually a bit rubbish, despite the looks, sorry Ketman)...yes, one of my clients is a mobile phone company
  • Options
    Just got the N95 and have to say its a great phone, loads of functionaility (GPS, MP3, Streaming TV, connection to allow you to play video straight onto the TV etc), but has a crap battery life.

Im averaging just over 24 hours per charge at the moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Saw some geezer at the weekend who had one of those touchscreen Prada phones which looked fab but you had to put it into a case to protect the touch screen & when you did that you then could not hear the bloomin thing ring. For looks though definately one of the best ones I have seen.

The Prada phone is an LG. LG are good at fridges but not phones. I've had the White Chocolate since August and it is, as they say in France la Shite. Loses conection to the network etc.

Get yoself a Nokia.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Just got the N95 and have to say its a great phone, loads of functionaility (GPS, MP3, Streaming TV, connection to allow you to play video straight onto the TV etc), but has a crap battery life.

I heard you can get Sat Nav on it because its GPRS, is that right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Just got the N95 and have to say its a great phone, loads of functionaility (GPS, MP3, Streaming TV, connection to allow you to play video straight onto the TV etc), but has a crap battery life.

I heard you can get Sat Nav on it because its GPRS, is that right?

Yep. Has built in GPS (takes about 2min to find you) and has the tracking and route systems built in to it, so you can navigate by it to a destination. Only down side is it uses loads of juice so if you wanted to use it regularly I'd suggest getting a docking station for your car otherwise it would run out mid journey.

It has the maps for Western Europe, main Asian countries, Oz, North America etc and and also has a search facility built in where if you were in Las Vegas for example and wanted to find the nearest restaurants then it would bring those up with their name and distance from you and then plan your route. It also has the telephone numbers of these places so all you have to do is press a button and it'll call them..........