Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Song for £2M

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Good deal?

I'd be happy with that, he is barely older than Lisbie and shows almost as much potential imho ;-)

£2M is a lot of dough for us now, but he has the potential to be a fantastic player and a much, much better "bet" than Traore, Faye or Marcus Bent for sure.

http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=69356

Comments

• Options
    definately, class act and people forget how young he is and what a struggling side he came into......remember that pass at Watford !!
  • Options
    Yes very good IMO. Think he would run it at championship level!!
  • Options
    Would love to think we could tempt him to sign for us, just don't see that we have the money for him sadly.
  • Options
    i would happily pay 2 mill for Song as he's a quality player who pards will know and his signing would strenghten the weakest area of the team.
  • Options
    I think he faded at the end of the season but obviously is a talent. Song and Reid in the middle would be interesting.
  • Options
    if we could pick a midfield from : ambrose, song, jarvis, reid, christensen, holland and a couple of others that would be quality for ccc level. it will be interesting to see just how powerful pards' words can be to targets in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    As Catherine Tate would say, I'm not bovvered. I know he's young, but he won't get any quicker. He was fine when he first came in as he was an unknown quantity. After Watford, the oppo were aware of him and worked out that all they had to do was close him down and he became ineffective if not a liability, getting caught in possession or passes going astray when under pressure. Not worth £2M of our precious cash. Sorry.
  • Options
    If its true then I am well chuffed. Would deffo strengthen our weakest area and in CCC would be a very powerful player. Go get him Pards...Perhaps we could ave a whip round ?
  • Options
    As Weegie says, he started off well but a bit predictable now and one paced.
    But he is young and does have ability - maybe the 'new' Patrick Viera.
    Or maybe not.

I dunno.......the jury's out on this one.
  • Options
    not worth 2 mil...one paced and gave up the ball too often. He also couldn't hit a barn door from 2 yards with his shooting....500,000 maybe not 2mil
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have him on loan for another year. Not worth £2m, IMHO. I'd wait until he was available on a Bosman