Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid saying some good things

WSSWSS
edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Attitude spot on

Linky above. I hope all of the players that are playing for us next year have his attitude and i hope it's not just words.

"There's no point sulking about it and feeling sorry for yourself. We've got to get out there and do the business and prove that we're good enough to be in the Premiership the following season and that's what I intend on doing.”

Comments

• Options
    I agree - just the attitude we need throughout the team.

If he can stay fit I reckon he will be an important player for us this season and could have a major influence on games.
  • Options
    I'm probably being very cynical - but do you think he still would have said that if he wasn't getting over an injury and therefore unable to get a transfer this summer. Would he have still said all that if he was 100% fit now?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2007
    If he had stayed fit from jan to the end we wouldnt have gone down in my opinion. he had the bit of class we were missing
  • Options
    Maybe, maybe not (Ambrose did)

Doesn't matter really because it sounds like he has the right attitude in the circumstances as they are.
  • Options
    If and its a big if he stays fit for the season there is no doubt he will be the most talented player outside the premiership
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]If and its a big if he stays fit for the season there is no doubt he will be the most talented player outside the premiership

As you say a big if. He has the talent to run games at this level and in the Prem and with willing runners around him like Varney, Iwelumo, Ambrose, Thomas etc will be runner up in player of the year behind Cory Gibbs IMHO.

Good to see he's working hard all summer with the coaches and physios
  • Options
    saw him at the training ground a couple of weeks ago. Calves like tree trunks that man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] Calves like tree trunks that man.
    Knowing him he'll have them slaughtered and made into burgers.

Oops, wrong calves.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]saw him at the training ground a couple of weeks ago. Calves like tree trunks that man.
    like this ...?
    www.atpm.com/6.04/northwest/images/tree_trunks
  • Options
    Does anyone else read his and other interviews in the accent of that player?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reid knows that he has little choice but to stay at Charlton given that his horrendous record of injuries mean that nobody is likely to be willing to take a punt on him.

He COULD be the fulcrum of the side IF he stays fit, we shoud play him in a Colin Walsh like left-sided role in midfield, not as a winger, just tucked in like Walshie used to do.

I think we should try and mould him on the way West Ham use Benayoun in drifting in from wide areas.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Does anyone else read his and other interviews in the accent of that player?

In my head. Not out loud.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Does anyone else read his and other interviews in the accent of that player?

In my head. Not out loud.

LOL !
  • Options
    anything wrote by Peter Kay i find myself doing his accent in my head. Couldn't read his book, i'd end up going mad.