Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton | Sat 01 Sep | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Just seen this on Instagram. Makes me think he'll be on the bench tomorrow (I know you have him there FA). I have to confess it worries me a little bit as he's been out for what 4-5 weeks and he'll have only had a week of training and Bowyer admitted they rushed him back for the playoffs last year.

We have CheckaTrade on Tuesday I believe, I'd much rather he get 20-30 minutes there so he can be eased back in to things, then have him on the bench a week Saturday.
    Bowyer confirmed he will be on the bench on Saturday, as will Reeves. I think it’s a good idea, he would be been training with the group for around a week, done lots of gym and strength work prior and work outside with the medical team too.

Give him 15 minutes or so Saturday, maybe play him for 45-60 on Tuesday and see how he goes.

I know we want to ease him in and he won’t be rushed, but I am sure he will be better and more fit than people think.
    Sorry I'd missed him saying that.

Reeves being on the bench seems absurb. One week of training. He had literally no preseason. It's not fitness I'm worried about, it's injury recurrence. Reeves and Fosu both missed significant time last season with injury. I don't understand why we need to take a gamble on them, especially Reeves. How many times did we have players come back last year only to break down? And before people say that was Robinson Bowyer was on the coaching staff and the medical and fitness teams were the same I believe.
  • Options
    Optimism in the air, so we will probably lose. Shrimpers mate tells me that nearly all their midfielders are out, so maybe a bit of hope. 1-1
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Just seen this on Instagram. Makes me think he'll be on the bench tomorrow (I know you have him there FA). I have to confess it worries me a little bit as he's been out for what 4-5 weeks and he'll have only had a week of training and Bowyer admitted they rushed him back for the playoffs last year.

We have CheckaTrade on Tuesday I believe, I'd much rather he get 20-30 minutes there so he can be eased back in to things, then have him on the bench a week Saturday.
    Bowyer confirmed he will be on the bench on Saturday, as will Reeves. I think it’s a good idea, he would be been training with the group for around a week, done lots of gym and strength work prior and work outside with the medical team too.

Give him 15 minutes or so Saturday, maybe play him for 45-60 on Tuesday and see how he goes.

I know we want to ease him in and he won’t be rushed, but I am sure he will be better and more fit than people think.
    Sorry I'd missed him saying that.

Reeves being on the bench seems absurb. One week of training. He had literally no preseason. It's not fitness I'm worried about, it's injury recurrence. Reeves and Fosu both missed significant time last season with injury. I don't understand why we need to take a gamble on them, especially Reeves. How many times did we have players come back last year only to break down? And before people say that was Robinson Bowyer was on the coaching staff and the medical and fitness teams were the same I believe.
    I suppose if you are putting players on the bench you have no intention of playing, putting a player who might benefit from 10-15 minutes, depending on match services, as part of their recovery isn't such a bad idea.
  • Options

the ground is rubbish!

You havent been to many league one aways have you?
  • Options
    Cullen and Fosu off the bench to transform the team and see us nick 2 goals for a comfortable 2-0 away win.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    CAFCTrev said:

the ground is rubbish!

You havent been to many league one aways have you?
    i went more last time we were in league one and smashed the league, current ones not as many...actually just checked only a few :O surprised still as i have been to a few aways a year most years.
  • Options
    Anton Ferdinand has left Southend by Mutual Consent
  • Options

Running scared?
  • Options

Not the type of player SCP wants playing for him.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Running scared?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm wondering if Bow doesn't fancy Aribo and that Cullen will go straight in the side in his place! Just a thought
  • Options
    Surely we must do better than last years festive farce. The year before was not much better. Still cannot see us creating enough chances, tight game, 1-0 to Southend.
  • Options
    0-1 late Fosu pinches it.
  • Options
    2-0 win in a turgid battle.

I have a good feeling with our creative players back in the squad, alongside our next two new signings ( Jamie Ward depending), that we will turn the corner and start getting some positive results.

For the first time this season I am interested to see how Bowyer gets on with a full bench.

Phillips
    Solly, Pearce, Bauer, Page
    Bielik
    Aribo, Pratley
    Lapslie
    KAG/ Taylor
  • Options
    My tickets haven't arrived in the post yet, what do I do if they don't arrive tomorrow morning?
  • Options

My tickets haven't arrived in the post yet, what do I do if they don't arrive tomorrow morning?

Ring the club.
  • Options

Ring the club.
    Is our ticket office open on away days?
  • Options
    Think Marshall will be left out as will the youngsters.

A squad of: Phillips, Steer, Solly, Dijksteel, Bauer, Pearce, Sarr, Bielik, Page, Pratley, Aribo, Cullen, Fosu, Reeves, Taylor, Grant, Vetokele, Ajose.

Bench most likely to be: Steer, Dijksteel, Sarr, Reeves, Fosu, Vetokele, Ajose

2-0 Charlton
    Taylor to score to go top scorer, not sure who will get the other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given our goal scoring abilities I'll take a boring 0-0 right now.
  • Options
    Think we will get turned over tomorrow however am quite optimistic that our season will start next week with the new signings coming in and the injured players coming back.
  • Options
    Right, Southend here I come :smile:
  • Options

Right, Southend here I come :smile:

Enjoy your day mate.
    Luton my next away game.
  • Options
    Woke up this morning feeling fine, I got Charlton on my mind, Bowyer’s got us playing the way we should, oh yeah, something tells me I’m into something good...

Good feeling today, 3 points coming home later. COYR
  • Options

Mine didn't arrive. I rang the club yesterday and they told me to go to the away ticket office at Southend to collect replacements. However they took my details and said they would warn Southend so replacements would be waiting. Doubt if you can do it if they are not prewarned.
    I ordered on Tuesday so either the club or Royal Mail have cocked up.
  • Options
    Our squad looks a lot better now, but this will be difficult. One point will be a bonus.

Southend 2 - Charlton 1......then we start climbing the league.
  • Options
    I feel a win is due. They can score, so 1-2 to us.
  • Options
    Sadly, I don't have a prediction or a view.
  • Options
    2-0. Comfortable afternoon stroll in the sun for Southend.