Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Options
    Great to see Pope and Gomez in.
  • Options
    “Where stars are made”!?!? They missed out “where football clubs are ruined”
  • Options
    Great to see Pope and Gomez in.
    Plenty of Charlton connections in the squads tonight. 
  • Options
    “Where stars are made”!?!? They missed out “where football clubs are ruined”
    Also proof how the Premier League needs to take its B team idea and stuff it!! 
  • Options
    Ian Wright making a good point about playing with no fans. 
    Wembley is huge, as we know, imagine no fans 😕 its really weird.
  • Options
    Williams starting. Giggs hasn’t been doing much scouting. 
  • Options
    And that’s the worst singing of national anthems I’ve heard. Should’ve had em doing some practice at least. 
  • Options
    Williams played really well for Wales last break. He's a player where the higher the quality of player around him, the better he plays. He linked up very well with Taylor and Gallagher last year. That's not an accident. There's a good player in there, we just need to get more out of him.  
  • Options
    And that’s the worst singing of national anthems I’ve heard. Should’ve had em doing some practice at least. 
    England out of tune (other than Southgate), the "Englishness" of that Welsh side showing through as most of them had no idea how to sing their anthem!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Williams played really well for Wales last break. He's a player where the higher the quality of player around him, the better he plays. He linked up very well with Taylor and Gallagher last year. That's not an accident. There's a good player in there, we just need to get more out of him.  
    Yeah, that’s a fair point mate. Still think we should be building team around him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first foul on Jonny!
  • Options
    Looks more like a 3-4-3
  • Options
    Sam Matterface (or whatever the commentators name is) is already pissing me me off.
  • Options
    I didn't know Katrien was social media manager for the EFL now
  • Options
    Well this England eleven is doing a great job trying to prove why they should be starting ahead of the others!! 
  • Options
    Saka is so nervous, been shocking. 

So defensive, no idea why we're playing 5 against Wales, no offence intended. I get that England have a lack of width, think they should have taken on Bowyer's diamond!
  • Options
    This formation is like setting up against Brazil. Basically 7 defenders and 3 attackers. The attackers are miles apart and Grealish nor Ings are real wingers. DCL so isolated.
  • Options
    Bag of shite!

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Southgate just isn’t inspiring to me. I know I’m a broken record on this topic, but what is tonight achieving apart from killing any confidence in the likes of Saka etc
  • Options
    this is quite boring
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So defensive, no idea why we're playing 5 against Wales, no offence intended. I get that England have a lack of width, think they should have taken on Bowyer's diamond!
    Wonder if the back three is to accommodate Coady as thats what he's used to for Wolves... Saka also plays as more of a Wing-Back for Arsenal than Full-Back doesn't he? 
  • Options
    Lovely... Nicely worked from Grealish and Calvert-Lewin 
  • Options
    Grealish take a bow
  • Options
    Grealish had to be dragged into this England team by a manager that didn't want him. 

Southgate doesn't have a clue. 
  • Options
    Lovely... Nicely worked from Grealish and Calvert-Lewin 
    Great by Grealish, not deserved but we'll take it!
  • Options
    Funny that the guy Southgate wasn’t keen to select provides the inspiration 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    That is why Grealish should be playing for England. He sees a pass so early and delivers the ball to perfection. It's only that he's been playing in a poor Villa side ('til this season) that he hasn't had more caps.
  • Options

Wonder if the back three is to accommodate Coady as thats what he's used to for Wolves... Saka also plays as more of a Wing-Back for Arsenal than Full-Back doesn't he? 
    Possibly, but I don't think we should be playing a formation to accomodate Coady, again no disrespect intended, but it's not necessary against Wales. Yeah Saka is definitely a wing-back, but is capable at left-back. He's practically playing LB anyway. 
  • Options
    Grealish take a bow
    He is such a good player.  
  • Options
    Pope has done really well so far